News Article: The Penguins hits leader is who?!

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Crazy thing is, even after all the poor showings and the awful start, the division is still right there for the taking this late in the season. Hope the boys realize that, would be huge for the 3 peat chances.

Reactions: RizzleMcRib

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I agree when you say we should have done a better job of replacing him (actually keeping him). And yeah you're right he is a steady blue collar guy. I just don't think we took some huge step back physically when we lost him
His ability on the PK and everything else I mentioned was not properly replaced. He added a dimension to this team that will be hard to do without IMO. He and CRAZY Oleksiak formed a great tandem, and we did nothing to fix that void.

Reactions: RizzleMcRib

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
His ability on the PK and everything else I mentioned was not properly replaced. He added a dimension to this team that will be hard to do without IMO. He and CRAZY Oleksiak formed a great tandem, and we did nothing to fix that void.

You don’t have to replace someone individually. If the team is better that’s all that matters. We are a better team now.

Reactions: UnrealMachine

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You don’t have to replace someone individually. If the team is better that’s all that matters. We are a better team now.
We're much better at center, no argument there at all. But on defense, and regarding the PK, we're weaker and have less depth. So it cuts both ways.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'm pretty concerned about the physical component to the team or lack thereof. Without Cole, no Kunitz and no ZAR currently we're really in a bind IMO. You need guys like that who can bang bodies and be physical either on the forecheck or in the defensive zone ala Cole. We're a pretty meek team from top to bottom and losing that many hard nosed players may prove problematic when it matters most.

I don’t agree.

I don’t think that we are a meek team. Even Sheary plays hard in the corners.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I don’t agree.

I don’t think that we are a meek team. Even Sheary plays hard in the corners.

Yeah, they’re not meek. They’re just not the traditional hard to play against bruising team. When they’re healthy and Sullivan is being smart I’m fairly happy with their hard to play against levels. They skate teams into the ground and harass them.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Yeah, they’re not meek. They’re just not the traditional hard to play against bruising team. When they’re healthy and Sullivan is being smart I’m fairly happy with their hard to play against levels. They skate teams into the ground and harass them.

When will Tortorella understand that. Hopefully not anytime soon :)

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Watch him vs the Western teams. He's such a troll and lives in all their heads, Especially Doughty's.
Oh yeah, I enjoy watching him play in those conference games, that's why I was looking forward to seeing him play. However, I think the combination of Calgary never having the lead, our high-octane powerplay, and the non-conference match-up contributed to him toning it down a bit.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Oh yeah, I enjoy watching him play in those conference games, that's why I was looking forward to seeing him play. However, I think the combination of Calgary never having the lead, our high-octane powerplay, and the non-conference match-up contributed to him toning it down a bit.

He did wreck Guentzel in front of the net. Aside from that, he wasn't doing much. Bet he was still talking shit though on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad