Confirmed with Link: The Penguins have re-signed defenseman Juuso Riikola to a two-year contract.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I wanted Fiala when he was with the Preds. No chance Wild give him up unless his contract demands next off season gives Guerin pause.

Speaking of Preds. I wonder if Arvidsson is available.

I don't know why I like a lot of the Preds players. Since Hornys first year I've some how found my way to watching them. Ekholm is a dream LD for me which let's Dumoulin be on the second pairing. I wish....

Ekholm, Letang
Dumoulin, Marino
Pettersson, Riikola

If we kept the 15th OA wonder if that plus some other parts would be enough to land Ekholm or Arvidsson. Petts can go to Preds in a deal for Ekholm though.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Id take Granlund for sure. Keep adding Finns. Craig Smith is also UFA and Center/RW like Granlund.

Like I said, seems like every forward that goes there dries up. Theyre like the new Minnesota wild, offensively.

Nashville Predators Depth Charts Projection - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Has to be coaching.

Id like to trade with them, since we know its more their system than the actual players. Too many now have gotten worse when signing there and better when leaving. Aside from Bonino, which again shows how dumb it was not to give him 4 x4 . Imagine if we did...where would this team be right now. Another cup, never going thru the Brassard to Bjugstad to McCann 3C search?

Last edited:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Just posted the Murray and Pettersson for Ekholm and picks.

Same page mate.

They need a shake up for sure but Ekholm is one of the few thats on a great deal.

Its funny how they just went out and tried to sign every Center out there. Because when we played them that was their weakness. Had the wingers but no Cs. Now they have too many and not great chemistry.

How about we give them the deal you mentioned but we add JJ and they add Kyle Turris. 6mil for 4 more years but he actually was worth that when on the Sens. He could get back to that on Pitt. And its really only 3 mil if you swap JJ.

Murray , Petts, JJ for Ekholm and Turris. Maybe an add from Nash.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
It wasnt a bad trade for us but thought Billy G would have made a "we will help you out this time, get me back next time" type deal. After all of the years he was with us. Whats the poiint of former Pens going to be GMs elsewhere if not for that lol.

Not saying it should have been a 3rd rounder for Zucker but a 1st, Galchenyuk, and Addison? Good Lord. One could argue a swap of Galchenyuk for Zucker isnt far off. Def not the diff of a 1st and Addison.

Thought for sure we would make some win now friendly type deals with Minny. Imagine adding Brodin with Zucker at the deadline for that package instead. Ok we would have had to add a little more but you get what Im saying. And if we did land him we would prob still be playing. Hopefully we still can make a deal...without having to give up a 1st, Poulin, and Murray.

Murray and ZAR(Billy G loves Z) to Wild for Brodin and Addison back lol.

I think there will be another deal with Minnesota that works out for us. Bjugstad to Minnesota makes some sense to me. Billy reportedly loved the guy.

Preds are def regretting that one. They knew they had something in Fiala but they were still in all in mode and gave him up for Granlund. Who isnt bad but UFA now and leaving Nash while Fiala was just about a PPG player this season. And only 23.

Im sure alot of players are available on the Preds. FO is frustrated, they were supposed to be the next top team in the West for years to come. They handed out too many long term deals to improve their offense and it backfired. Turris at 6mil until 2024. Sissons didnt pan out like they thought. Duchene 8mil, so far not so good there. Seems like players go to Preds and their numbers drop.

I would sign Granlund here. I think he would fit really well in the lineup. Turris really is the sinking ship in that lineup. He signed a deal and fell off of a cliff. I think Duchene will be fine.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
They need a shake up for sure but Ekholm is one of the few thats on a great deal.

Its funny how they just went out and tried to sign every Center out there. Because when we played them that was their weakness. Had the wingers but no Cs. Now they have too many and not great chemistry.

How about we give them the deal you mentioned but we add JJ and they add Kyle Turris. 6mil for 4 more years but he actually was worth that when on the Sens. He could get back to that on Pitt. And its really only 3 mil if you swap JJ.

Murray , Petts, JJ for Ekholm and Turris. Maybe an add from Nash.
I like Turris too but I didn't mention his name because of the reaction here lol. I'd also want to include Bjugstad.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I think there will be another deal with Minnesota that works out for us. Bjugstad to Minnesota makes some sense to me. Billy reportedly loved the guy.

I would sign Granlund here. I think he would fit really well in the lineup. Turris really is the sinking ship in that lineup. He signed a deal and fell off of a cliff. I think Duchene will be fine.
Is it Turris or that system? More than half the players put up worse numbers there. Then look at Fiala who broke out in a big way after leaving

I remember Turris being tough to play against in the Playoffs with the Sens. He was almost a ppg player

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Is it Turris or that system? More than half the players put up worse numbers there. Then look at Fiala who broke out in a big way after leaving

I remember Turris being tough to play against in the Playoffs with the Sens.
Systems and usage. Turris thrived when he was in the top 6. But the way they had him in the bottom 6 he struggled. I do see him as rebounding as he thrived in a more up tempo system.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Systems and usage. Turris thrived when he was in the top 6. But the way they had him in the bottom 6 he struggled. I do see him as rebounding as he thrived in a more up tempo system.

I doubt they will be getting return calls in UFA going forward. Turris could be a JGP right now instead of looked at as an overpaid player whos washed up. Id take that risk since we are moving JJ, thats worth it imo. Yeah its still 6 mil but we make McCann the LW to the 3rd line with Turris at Center and figure out the perfect RW to get them going.

Idk if thats Hornqvist.

Btw obviously also taking that chance because of us getting Ekholm at the same price JJ is at. Thats the move that could put our team over the top.

Zucker - Crosby - Kapanen
Guentzel - Malkin - Rust
McCann - Turris - Hornqvist/Tanev
Poulin - Blueger - Tanev / Hornqvist

Dumo - Letang
Ekholm - Marino
Who cares after that but...
POJ - Riikola

Im still all for bringing Poulin up this season. Gives Blueger and Tanev some skill . Move Zucker back with Sid so Jake can be back with Malkin. So would be up to the 3rd line , yeah its a risk but I think with the pressure being off of McCann not having to be our savior at 3C would be gone. Turris being out of Nashville should give him a spark. And Hornqvist..is still Hornqvist. Everytime I do a lineup and I get pissed at Crosby that I cant put PH on line 1. Its like knowing the piece to the puzzle, how to get every line going perfect but they sent the wrong piece and refuse to replace it.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yes yes...everyone get on the Ekholm train with me.

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->