The Patrik Koyš Hype Thread

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Interesting.

Any word on what team it would be?

No idea at all. It s just a rumour I heard between fans, who probably heard it from some kids playing hockey, who know Koyš personally. It might not be true at all, but who knows....

There actually were two Slovak kids playing in Sweden this year in Arlanda, but I think it was just some sort of proramme which offers Slovak kids to go play to Sweden for a year. Not sure whether Koyš would be looking at a similar thing or whether it might be a "permanent" move.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
No idea at all. It s just a rumour I heard between fans, who probably heard it from some kids playing hockey, who know Koyš personally. It might not be true at all, but who knows....

There actually were two Slovak kids playing in Sweden this year in Arlanda, but I think it was just some sort of proramme which offers Slovak kids to go play to Sweden for a year. Not sure whether Koyš would be looking at a similar thing or whether it might be a "permanent" move.

Do you think Patrik is doing what Anže Kopitar did?

Leave for a better league than what his home country can offer to increase his skills in the SEL?

But the question is asked, is he that above the what the Extraliga can offer? And if that is the case why not play the CHL like the Hossa's did?

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Do you think Patrik is doing what Anže Kopitar did?

Leave for a better league than what his home country can offer to increase his skills in the SEL?

But the question is asked, is he that above the what the Extraliga can offer? And if that is the case why not play the CHL like the Hossa's did?

Considering that he is still 14 I think it might be too soon to speak about SEL or CHL. IMO his team is a team without a mens team in a serious competition and the same is for Dubnica´s U20 team, so it is expected that he will change clubs soon. And it is most probably more lucrative not only for him, but maybe for Dubnica as well if he goes to Sweden, the junior leagues are better as is their whole junior programme overall and in these years if you´re good enough you can crack a SEL roster despite being young, which is often not the case over here. He would by far not be the first player from this region to grow up in the Swedish system, sans many of the Hungarian kids, you can even find Czechs there, the 1994 born Žehnal twins for example, though one of them has already played in the USHL this year and the other one might as well as he was selected in this year´s USHL draft.

As for CHL, he can´t even be selected in the import draft until 2012, which is 2 seasons away anyway and would you really rather see a player play CHL than SEL? With all respect to the CHL, but SEL is a top 2 league in Europe. The Hossa comparison isn´t a good one either, because he went to the CHL after the NHL draft, which means that probably also Ottawa wanted him to play there.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Video from last game at the U16 Slovak Championship between Košice and Dubnica:

Player number 8 in orange jersey should be Koyš.

Hmmm... Can't say I saw much of him.

What was the deal with the shootout at the end of the video?

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Hmmm... Can't say I saw much of him.

What was the deal with the shootout at the end of the video?

From what I know, this really wasn´t one of his best games at the tourney, too bad that there isn´t video from the on against Skalica available, he scored 4 goals in that one.

As for the shootout it´s kind of an Euro tradition that there is a shootout after games especially in youth tournaments etc., but also during the pre-season games. I think it´s just for fun for the most part.

Pallio

Jan 18, 2009
Any news about Patrik´s team next season? Is there any chance he will play with Trencin? Some interesting moves has been made this offseason between these clubs.. (Kalaber, Bagin)

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Any news about Patrik´s team next season? Is there any chance he will play with Trencin? Some interesting moves has been made this offseason between these clubs.. (Kalaber, Bagin)

From what I´ve heard so far Dubnica has decided to not let players who are under contract to leave to other clubs for now, which means that only Bagin and Luka Markovic went to Dukla and goalie Tomljenovic to Zvolen. I think Koyš is one of the players under contract, but I´m not too sure about it.

Pallio

Jan 18, 2009
BTW, Bagin. A lot has been told about 2011 NHL Draft Prospects Jurco, Tvrdon. Also Peter Ceresnak has good chances to be drafted next year. And what about Bagin? I saw him three times this season and he looks great. I know, it was only U18 level but he was dominant. Clearly the best defenceman in league.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
BTW, Bagin. A lot has been told about 2011 NHL Draft Prospects Jurco, Tvrdon. Also Peter Ceresnak has good chances to be drafted next year. And what about Bagin? I saw him three times this season and he looks great. I know, it was only U18 level but he was dominant. Clearly the best defenceman in league.

i think , here is one problem - he is only 174 cm. for a defensman its is a realy bit issue.

but when we look on Visnovsky, or Janosik.... teher is a lot of offense potential , thats for sure. but i think, he should go to the CHL. at least in his draft year

Ego

Mar 15, 2002
Slovakia
Visit site
On Saturday I saw Koys playing after one year and I think he has a looooong way to go. He is smart player, but his skating is just average. He really needs to work on it now.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Been following this guy sporadically - looks like he's off to a pretty good start this year with 13-14-27 in his first 17 games.

Tied for 2nd in the league in scoring.

Well, it might not be 100% accurate to call it a good start as he struggled in the first month with Dubnica and then in his first few games for Dukla, but he´s been on fire since around October 10ish collecting 19PTS in 9 games. I believe the one thing that helped him was that Dukla´s previous leader 94 born Marko Daňo moved on to play for their U20 team permanently at around the same time, which I guess meant more ice-time for KoyÅ¡.

DrPabloRamirez

Nov 23, 2010
Patrik Koys 1st international goal (assisted by 16 Martin Reway, 10 Marco Hochel), July 2010, exhibition game against Czech republic. Slovakia won 7:2, Koys scored hattrick.

Last edited:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Where will he play next year in the same league and team? I have a very strong suspicion that Patrik will leave to play in the CHL at some point. I hope for his sake he decides to play in the Mens league or idealy in my mind go to a country like Russia or Sweden to further his development. These are strong countries in terms of players development and will allow him to further develop his technical skills. Physical play and defence can be learned later. But he definately should wait before coming to North America.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Where will he play next year in the same league and team? I have a very strong suspicion that Patrik will leave to play in the CHL at some point. I hope for his sake he decides to play in the Mens league or idealy in my mind go to a country like Russia or Sweden to further his development. These are strong countries in terms of players development and will allow him to further develop his technical skills. Physical play and defence can be learned later. But he definately should wait before coming to North America.

He won't be eligible for the CHL until the '12-'13 season. I doubt that he'll move to another country in Europe as it's quite rare that any European junior players from a top 7 nation do so. To be honest, I think a successful year for him next year would follow a path similar to Marko Dano (ie. Strong play in the Slovak U20 league and perhaps some time in the Slovak Extraliga).

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He won't be eligible for the CHL until the '12-'13 season. I doubt that he'll move to another country in Europe as it's quite rare that any European junior players from a top 7 nation do so. To be honest, I think a successful year for him next year would follow a path similar to Marko Dano (ie. Strong play in the Slovak U20 league and perhaps some time in the Slovak Extraliga).

Yes I know since he is a 95 he won't be eligible this coming summer. I'm guessing he will be playing in the u-20 league next year. It really is rare thing to have prospects to go to another European country but a few other prospects are starting to do this mostly ones from weaker hockey countries i.e Denmark-Sweden Nikolai Meyer. Its dissappointing but I have a feeling most of the top prospects of Slovakia will chose to go to the CHL anyways. Reway, Torok, Koys, Paulovic, and Dano etc, a very strong feeling these guys will be drafted and enticed to go.

DrPabloRamirez

Nov 23, 2010
Yes I know since he is a 95 he won't be eligible this coming summer. I'm guessing he will be playing in the u-20 league next year. It really is rare thing to have prospects to go to another European country but a few other prospects are starting to do this mostly ones from weaker hockey countries i.e Denmark-Sweden Nikolai Meyer. Its dissappointing but I have a feeling most of the top prospects of Slovakia will chose to go to the CHL anyways. Reway, Torok, Koys, Paulovic, and Dano etc, a very strong feeling these guys will be drafted and enticed to go.
Some czechs are playing in Sweden or Finland, swedes in MHL and many slovak players are going to czech U20 or U18 extraliga.
Robert Svehla is doing well as director of junior teams in Dukla Trencin. He made some useful things like personal changes on coach positions. I hope Dano and Koys will play at home next season. Marko Dano has safe spot on roster for U18 WjC this year. Matej Paulovic needs to change team for next season. I saw him last week, he play as defenceman, every second shift on the ice. Only thing he was doing all the game was moving the puck outside defensive zone. When he tried to go forward, coach was yelling on him (for explanation, Topolcany urgently needed 3 points to make play-off). Top slovak prospect in czech junior league is Tomas Torok (1995, 2013 NHL draft eligible).

Video of some Patrik Koys shifts from average league game:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I heard , that Tomas Torok was in the summer in some SWE junior team. But the level was too high for him now. so he landed in Slavia Praha

Too high? That should be good for him then, the higher the better.Unless I've mistaken you and you meant he got released by the Swedish team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad