The Panther Parkway Pre-season Goalie Report

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The 2018 Pre-Season Goalie Report

Here is my goalie report for the coming season. Hope you guys enjoy.

Nice writeup Beez!

I think we should try and recoup a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year and draft a goalie even if Montembeault has a decent season. Keep the pond stocked.

As you said, Sam should improve with a better team in front of him. Hutchinson will probably get the lions share of starts but hopefully he can suit up for at least 35 games.

I truly hope Lu will become our goalie coach in the near future. He loves the game so much and we couldn't find a better option to help groom our future tendies, Monty included.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Nice writeup Beez!

I think we should try and recoup a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year and draft a goalie even if Montembeault has a decent season. Keep the pond stocked.

As you said, Sam should improve with a better team in front of him. Hutchinson will probably get the lions share of starts but hopefully he can suit up for at least 35 games.

I truly hope Lu will become our goalie coach in the near future. He loves the game so much and we couldn't find a better option to help groom our future tendies, Monty included.
I talked about this on my last podcast appearance. I firmly believe you should draft a goalie every year in the later rounds. They are the hardest position in the sport to project. Take a flyer every year and hope you get lucky.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Great write up, only bit I might have a problem with is the Reimer consistency by the stats relative to how the team is performing. Like is Reimer hit and miss even thru the teams good statistical review?

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Great write up, only bit I might have a problem with is the Reimer consistency by the stats relative to how the team is performing. Like is Reimer hit and miss even thru the teams good statistical review?
Part of it goes hand in hand, when the team is playing poorly, so is Reimer. Reimer hasn't shown the ability to carry a team when the guys in front of him aren't holding their end of the bargain.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Part of it goes hand in hand, when the team is playing poorly, so is Reimer. Reimer hasn't shown the ability to carry a team when the guys in front of him aren't holding their end of the bargain.
dont know about that. he stole a few games last year including an absolute massacre by the rangers that he managed to morph into a panther win through one of the greatest goalie performances ull ever see in a game in which the goalie allows 4 goals. he turned it from being a 10-5 blowout to a 5-4 win. he just kind of seems random with his awesomeness or shittyness.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
dont know about that. he stole a few games last year including an absolute massacre by the rangers that he managed to morph into a panther win through one of the greatest goalie performances ull ever see in a game in which the goalie allows 4 goals. he turned it from being a 10-5 blowout to a 5-4 win. he just kind of seems random with his awesomeness or ****tyness.
@Beezeral I just can't recall Reimer having an off game while the team was clicking and he just couldn't stop a beachball costing us the game...

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Reims hasn't shown to be consistent...but he hasn't really had an opportunity to run with being a starter even when he was with the leafs. I'm not saying he has it in him, but he hasn't really had that chance. I always think back to Anderson and what he became when the Sens gave him that chance.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Reims hasn't shown to be consistent...but he hasn't really had an opportunity to run with being a starter even when he was with the leafs. I'm not saying he has it in him, but he hasn't really had that chance. I always think back to Anderson and what he became when the Sens gave him that chance.

After awhile, because Andy maybe* had A poor game for us in all his time here, there's no doubt he should've been the guy instead of Vokoun. And that's not a knock on Vokoun who was great for us too. But it's no surprise how he ended up looking for a playoff team.

Andy is in that top tier of playoff goalies in my eyes. Ability to dial in and all...

Anyway, I think Reimer has only been shoddy when the team is, which is why I've been so defensive of him, saying all you have above.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad