The Panarin Situation, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Not talking about just you and just Jojo.

Dubinsky was clearly sent home to send a "message" to him. We don't know why or what that message was, and the team (Jarmo, etc.) and Dubinsky were not too forthcoming, BUT, they both essentially admitted that he as at fault and needed to change something. The defenders of Jojo, either then, or now, STILL cant believe he could possibly be at fault for anything. Blindly ignoring all the facts, quotes from coaches and management, and subsequent CBJ success. Why?
Probably because correlation is not necessarily causation? He obviously had issues, but to put all the blame on him for team problems is not a rationally defensible position.

AND WHAT ABOUT THE HYPOCRISY?

The post before, you just chastised me for "tearing down" Jojo, while now soon after attempt to "tear down" current player Dubinsky, who just happens to be (in relation to the bolded) probably this biggest "scapegoat", "villain", etc. in recent years, before perception finally reaching reality on Wennberg currently.
Um. Hon? That wasn't intended as "see, Dubinsky is a cancer too!", but more "it's not as big a deal as you seem to be assuming, because an otherwise helpful player like Dubinsky has also been through that."

Anyways, we're getting away from the thread topic.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
2 years- 25 million or 3 years-38 million

The CBJ continue with the "win now window", Panarin doesn't "screw over" his new team and new buddies, he gets his money and gets to go play and retire somewhere else after. Maybe decides to stay-stay.

He's not gonna get a career ending injury or have his value go down in the next 2-3 years.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
2 years- 25 million or 3 years-38 million

The CBJ continue with the "win now window", Panarin doesn't "screw over" his new team and new buddies, he gets his money and gets to go play and retire somewhere else after. Maybe decides to stay-stay.

He's not gonna get a career ending injury or have his value go down in the next 2-3 years.

Great idea! Give him McDavid money for 2/3 years and then he can be on the downside of his career which would make him a perfect fit for the Rangers-they love fading marquee name players.

Seriously, an offer like this would have to give Panarin and his agent plenty to think about.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Great idea! Give him McDavid money for 2/3 years and then he can be on the downside of his career which would make him a perfect fit for the Rangers-they love fading marquee name players.

Seriously, an offer like this would have to give Panarin and his agent plenty to think about.
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but they've(milstein) already said there's no way a short term deal is happening

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I feel like I'm getting my hopes up that Panarin will stay. The fact that they're gonna get together over the ASG break is a positive sign IMO. Either they start contract negotiations or they get told he's not re-signing and Jarmo has clearer vision for the future knowing he won't have Panarin and can get to work on the phones.

Last edited by a moderator:

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but they've(milstein) already said there's no way a short term deal is happening

They said they weren't gonna have any contract talks during the season either.

List me the reasons why he wouldn't sign a "short term" deal.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
They said they weren't gonna have any contract talks during the season either.

List me the reasons why he wouldn't sign a "short term" deal.
I only need 1.

Guaranteed Salary.

One injury is all it takes for him to never get another contract offer. With his age, play style and relatively short career in the NHL he wants that guaranteed money.

If you don't believe what he and his agent said than you don't believe them when they say he doesn't care about the money either. Nobody is gonna pass up $50M

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Okay, guys, for real. This is the Panarin thread. Let's stick to that rather than meta-discussions about topicality and states of residence, okay?

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I only need 1.

Guaranteed Salary.

One injury is all it takes for him to never get another contract offer. With his age, play style and relatively short career in the NHL he wants that guaranteed money.

If you don't believe what he and his agent said than you don't believe them when they say he doesn't care about the money either. Nobody is gonna pass up $50M

What kind of injury would it take for him to never get another contract offer? I mean he could blow out his knee AT ANY TIME. You think if he 'blew' his knee or shoulder out next week, was out the rest of the year, he wouldn't STILL get HUGE contract offers this summer? No, not 10 million a year for 7 years, but would still get HUGE offers that he would then probably have to "prove himself" (his hypothetical knee or shoulder) again for a couple/few years and then could sign the even HUGER contract then. The odds of him having a career ending or even career threatening injury that would affect his future contract are so small I don't even know what to say.

His future money or salary is guaranteed. He could actually make more by signing for a few years in Columbus then going elsewhere. What happens if salaries continue to go up? Would he be better to sign this summer or in 3 years after already making 35+ million?

No, I don't believe what they say, or more so, I don't look at it in a "literal" sense. If he "didn't care about the money", than he would have signed for cheaper in CHI and would be signing for 6 mil on this next contract.

And did they (Panarin and agent) NOT say they wouldn't 'talk contracts' during or once the season started? And now they are and I believe will have met multiple times. Its not about "believing" anybody or anything. Its acknowledging that we don't and wont know all off the facts and how people really feel.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Ah right. Lets keep this on track. "Numbers"- "Stats" -"Facts".

I'll go 30/70.

Why so serious?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
What kind of injury would it take for him to never get another contract offer? I mean he could blow out his knee AT ANY TIME. You think if he 'blew' his knee or shoulder out next week, was out the rest of the year, he wouldn't STILL get HUGE contract offers this summer? No, not 10 million a year for 7 years, but would still get HUGE offers that he would then probably have to "prove himself" (his hypothetical knee or shoulder) again for a couple/few years and then could sign the even HUGER contract then. The odds of him having a career ending or even career threatening injury that would affect his future contract are so small I don't even know what to say.

His future money or salary is guaranteed. He could actually make more by signing for a few years in Columbus then going elsewhere. What happens if salaries continue to go up? Would he be better to sign this summer or in 3 years after already making 35+ million?

No, I don't believe what they say, or more so, I don't look at it in a "literal" sense. If he "didn't care about the money", than he would have signed for cheaper in CHI and would be signing for 6 mil on this next contract.

And did they (Panarin and agent) NOT say they wouldn't 'talk contracts' during or once the season started? And now they are and I believe will have met multiple times. Its not about "believing" anybody or anything. Its acknowledging that we don't and wont know all off the facts and how people really feel.
It's hockey, there's a real chance someone is gonna get hurt every time you step on the ice.

You listed the only likey scenario he accepts a 2-3 year deal, in a prove it deal. Unless he's going to take a major pay cut to go create a super team in Tampa with Kuch for a few seasons before cashing in. I don't see why a 27 yr old who just posted back to back(he's on pace for 90pts) career seasons wouldnt cash on what could be his best opportunity for a major payday. If he signs a short term deal his agent should be fired.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Panarin and Milstein both said the same thing in 2016. And then he signed an extension in December.

I have never heard of this. Can you explain or share a link?

This city doesn't know what it is fully capable of. The #SaveTheCrew movement just may have given us an idea. Let's rally to make the Breadman want to stay and thrive here.

Any ideas? Free vodka is a start, what next?

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
I don't really have any facts to base this on other than seeing him having fun in warmups with Cam and others but I get the feeling he likes the team so I have changed my staying/leaving odds from 10/90 to 50/50.
I really think he might stay. Plus at 50/50 I can say that I saw it coming no matter which way it goes. :)

Reactions: Viqsi and thebus88

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
bus88 suggested it in a post. I thought it's a fine idea.

I doubt an offer of this magnitude has been made. I'd think it would alter the negotiating with Panarin if it were made. But it might not. I just thought it was a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad