The Panarin Situation, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Remember when everyone said how terrible NYI would be without Tavares?

They're 1 pt out of a playoff spot and have 2-3 games in hand..

Bringing in Barry Trotz and having Matthew Barzal to fall back on helps too. If you're implying we'll be fine without Panarin, well, point us to our Barzal.

Looks like while 'games in hand' will be playing the same part, the Islanders and Barzal have taken the spot of Vinny Trochek and the Panthers. Do you guys NOT learn? Broiled?

And so everybody remembers....The 2016/17 season happened. It was the best season the team has had and they were a top 3-5 team the ENTIRE YEAR.

You know who wasn't on that team. BOTH Panarin AND Dubois.

You think Saad, Hartnell, Gagner, and Karlsson make up for them? No....Yes....what answer will mean the team still sucks and always has....?? Baked?

"Elite this, elite that"

This team can win with Panarin, and they can win WITHOUT Panarin. This idea that the cap room that's being spent currently on Panarin and Bob wouldn't or couldn't be used to make the team just as good or better without them is FALSE. And while everybody can agree that replacing those guys with two other "$8+ million quality" type players would be best, the idea that adding 2-3 "$5-6 million quality" type wouldn't be enough for the team to "keep pace", is bogus. I think 16/17 shows that. Fried?

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Looks like while 'games in hand' will be playing the same part, the Islanders and Barzal have taken the spot of Vinny Trochek and the Panthers. Do you guys NOT learn? Broiled?

And so everybody remembers....The 2016/17 season happened. It was the best season the team has had and they were a top 3-5 team the ENTIRE YEAR.

You know who wasn't on that team. BOTH Panarin AND Dubois.

You think Saad, Hartnell, Gagner, and Karlsson make up for them? No....Yes....what answer will mean the team still sucks and always has....?? Baked?

"Elite this, elite that"

This team can win with Panarin, and they can win WITHOUT Panarin. This idea that the cap room that's being spent currently on Panarin and Bob wouldn't or couldn't be used to make the team just as good or better without them is FALSE. And while everybody can agree that replacing those guys with two other "$8+ million quality" type players would be best, the idea that adding 2-3 "$5-6 million quality" type wouldn't be enough for the team to "keep pace", is bogus. I think 16/17 shows that. Fried?

The 2015-16 season happened too. Or do we just forget about that because..?

Nobody is saying the cap couldn't be used on other people. But what people are going to be worth spending it on, even with your "savings plan"? I can't see many, especially not on the open market where prices get really crazy. Once you figure that out, we'll see.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
The 2015-16 season happened too. Or do we just forget about that because..?

Oh, I didn't forget ANYTHING.

The cancer was removed.

He in fact did not have yellow fever, scarlet fever, OR typhoid fever.

He was just, a "cancer".

And to relate it to Panarin and the concept of "needing" an "elite" player, this cancer, was essentially seen as 1 of, if not the only piece the team had that could be considered "elite" and/or "untouchable". The same -end of the world- BS was spouted AFTER we turned our cancer into a Norris candidate and our 27th ranked team into a consistent and legit dangerous playoff contender.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Oh, I didn't forget ANYTHING.

The cancer was removed.

He in fact did not have yellow fever, scarlet fever, OR typhoid fever.

He was just, a "cancer".

And to relate it to Panarin and the concept of "needing" an "elite" player, this cancer, was essentially seen as 1 of, if not the only piece the team had that could be considered "elite" and/or "untouchable". The same -end of the world- BS was spouted AFTER we turned our cancer into a Norris candidate and our 27th ranked team into a consistent and legit dangerous playoff contender.
Yeah, he's so horrible that he helped get his new team to the Cup finals that year. C'mon. It's enough to recognize that we benefited significantly from that trade without tearing down the guy we gave up.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Wow. :laugh: If he does resign with us, this is going to be immortal. :D

If this type of stuff is all that is or would be "needed" for him to stay, and this is the ONLY thing that's been done, you could say that Columbus is kinda lame. Sorry, not sorry.

Go Blue.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
NYI has limited short/medium term potential; while CBJ can win the Cup.

This slump has to end; right now. There is enough time to figure **** out and to be in top form by April.

Panarin was quite visible and quite dangerous last night. He is selling himself very well.
What cup is that?

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Yeah, he's so horrible that he helped get his new team to the Cup finals that year. C'mon. It's enough to recognize that we benefited significantly from that trade without tearing down the guy we gave up.

I've had enough of this "tearing down" stuff that only applies to the favorite players of a select few on here. I can understand if you want to pass it off, as "don't attack our team", but when its a player that has no connection with the team anymore, your bias and true intent shows.

The results speak for themselves. I don't give a flying f*** about Nashville. That team was good and had better players before and after Jojo was brought in. Look at the immediate change to the CBJ.

You also completely downplay HE WAS SENT HOME ON A ROAD TRIP.

AND NOTHING WAS ACTUALLY WRONG WITH HIM.

"CANCER"

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I've had enough of this "tearing down" stuff that only applies to the favorite players of a select few on here. I can understand if you want to pass it off, as "don't attack our team", but when its a player that has no connection with the team anymore, your bias and true intent shows.
What, the fact that I'm also a part-time Preds fan?

I for one have a similar lack of patience with regularly picking villains, pointing fingers at them, and claiming It's All Their Fault. So we're likely to end up at loggerheads with that for quite some time.

You also completely downplay HE WAS SENT HOME ON A ROAD TRIP.

AND NOTHING WAS ACTUALLY WRONG WITH HIM.
So was Dubinsky, but you're not calling him a cancer.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
So, players are aware of that Radulov insta chat! :D

In 1 of those Instagram videos of Panarin, Dubois, and Atkinson "working out" and joking around during training camp or preseason, Panarin said something to Dubois, then Atkinson jokingly says, "Are you even on the team"!?

While some claim "its all business", and for the most part IT IS and guys aren't normally affected, I think these guys are WAY MORE "aware" of the off ice stuff and fans/media's feelings than what a lot of people think.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
What, the fact that I'm also a part-time Preds fan?

I for one have a similar lack of patience with regularly picking villains, pointing fingers at them, and claiming It's All Their Fault. So we're likely to end up at loggerheads with that for quite some time.

So was Dubinsky, but you're not calling him a cancer.

Not talking about just you and just Jojo.

Dubinsky was clearly sent home to send a "message" to him. We don't know why or what that message was, and the team (Jarmo, etc.) and Dubinsky were not too forthcoming, BUT, they both essentially admitted that he as at fault and needed to change something. The defenders of Jojo, either then, or now, STILL cant believe he could possibly be at fault for anything. Blindly ignoring all the facts, quotes from coaches and management, and subsequent CBJ success. Why?

AND WHAT ABOUT THE HYPOCRISY?

The post before, you just chastised me for "tearing down" Jojo, while now soon after attempt to "tear down" current player Dubinsky, who just happens to be (in relation to the bolded) probably this biggest "scapegoat", "villain", etc. in recent years, before perception finally reaching reality on Wennberg currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->