The Pacific has looked like bird shit (so far)

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Definitely not the worst I've seen by a long shot, but people need to learn to use paragraphs when starting a thread instead of just vomiting on the page.

Edit: OP fixed it :thumbu:

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
Yes the ducks underlying numbers are bad but they're also playing a bunch of rookies and journeymen like Ben Street because 5 of their top 9-10 forwards are out AND Silf just got hurt last game.

It's logical Anaheim will improve when they get healthy, but they also arguably have the best goalie tandem in the league

Oct 18, 2011
Can't see it with the goaltending. The flames probably have the best or second best built roster right now outside of that position in the pacific, but we are really weak in net.

And seriously, 104.6 PDO. If there is any team with more red flags than Anaheim, please raise your hand and tell me how that is possible. Either Jon Gibson will be the best goalie of this millennium this year, or Anaheim is falling to pieces really soon.
John Gibson and Bobrovsky were on their own tier last year. It's entirely possible Gibson stakes his claim as the best goalie this year

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
John Gibson and Bobrovsky were on their own tier last year. It's entirely possible Gibson stakes his claim as the best goalie this year

Even then, there is no chance in hell you guys are sustaining almost a 105 PDO. Gibson should absolutely be in talks for vezina, but even then the roster for the most part really looks bad.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I usually watch a ton of Pacific division games due to the start times. So far this season those teams never seem to be at home. :dunno:

Reactions: Phu
Oct 18, 2011
Even then, there is no chance in hell you guys are sustaining almost a 105 PDO. Gibson should absolutely be in talks for vezina, but even then the roster for the most part really looks bad.
The ducks won't be needing va 105 PDO once they have all their forwards (excluding Perry who's out til March)

In the meantime some young guys are getting valuable experience that's going to make them deeper come playoff time should they make the playoffs

Most duck fans will acknowledge the goaltending is carrying the team but right now they just need to steal points with what they have

gunnergunther

Jul 3, 2010
Ducks are starting 5 rookies every night due to injuries, I doubt they plan on starting 5 rookies for the rest of the year unless they dont have a choice.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
You never really know anything until end of October. By end of November things have settled into place. After 5 games you know jack shit. Teams getting used to playing still. Even Edmonton might turn it around who knows.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I mean, I think they’re gonna make the playoffs, probably. They have a solid roster and a fantastic goalie.

Definitely not a team I consider a threat to actually win the cup at this point, though.

I agree but you never know 1 step at a time.. make playoffs and go from therr

Love

Feb 29, 2012
It's a bad division. SJ will probably win it though. They have a lot of potential if they figure themselves out.

We have actually been ok but obviously that's not going to continue especially since we lost our best player.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Those guys in the Pacific Division are experts.

BWPagZPCUAECYr3.png.cf.jpg

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I expect Blake to start Billy Beane-ing Stevens with players so he can't do insane bullshit like rolling out a third line of Thompson-Amadio-Carter and putting Kovalchuk in the front of the net for the power play. Kings are missing impact players in Brown and Quick, both of whom were big reasons for their good season last year, and have yet to see what they have in Vilardi (soon).

I hope they suck enough to get Stevens fired, but I sure hope they turn it around quickly after.

Oct 18, 2011
I mean, I think they’re gonna make the playoffs, probably. They have a solid roster and a fantastic goalie.

Definitely not a team I consider a threat to actually win the cup at this point, though.
Who thought Vegas would have a chance a year ago? I don't know that the west has a true power this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad