The Out of Town Thread part XLVII All talk from around the league here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Don't know why, but I'm almost glad to see Bouwmeester playing good hockey again. Seems like it has been a couple of years.

I still like Bouwmeester, I feel like he's been a victim of circumstances. Overpaid and not really a game changer, but he's not the problem there.

Dec 2, 2010
Ageless Koivu... okay maybe a little aging but he's still great to watch. Winnik looks like a solid pickup for Anaheim. His shot % is ridiculous right now but he's a useful player even when he hits the drought.

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
Ovechkin just missed a goal on the empty net from the blue line... Actually he had passed the blue line and was at the top of the circle... :laugh:

Rutabaga

Apr 27, 2010
Middle of Nowhere
Its not that much of a surprise, but im still stunned by how large is the difference between the level of the teams of the two conferences.

I mean, there is what, 3, maybe 4 teams only that have both the competence and the depth to do something good this year in the East, its really shocking.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
The east is always behind a bit but it is especially incompetent this year. The only team that looks like a contender without a lot of luck is the Bruins I'm afraid.

Rutabaga

Apr 27, 2010
Middle of Nowhere
The east is always behind a bit but it is especially incompetent this year. The only team that looks like a contender without a lot of luck is the Bruins I'm afraid.

At first, i thought that Pittsburgh was still good enough on D to deal with Fleury, but it seems that is not the case, and indeed, Boston seems really superior to the rest of the teams.

In fact, assuming that we manage to play with our roster to find a better balance within the lineup about our depth, i think that if we are just not as unlucky as last year, playoffs are not going to be that difficult to reach.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Its not that much of a surprise, but im still stunned by how large is the difference between the level of the teams of the two conferences.

I mean, there is what, 3, maybe 4 teams only that have both the competence and the depth to do something good this year in the East, its really shocking.

Meh, it's still early. Some teams are having slow starts and teams like CHI and SJ will obviously slow down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad