The Out of Town Thread part XLVII All talk from around the league here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Calgary waived Karlsson and Irving, which leaves them without a backup goalie as of now. Speculation is they'll bring up either Taylor or Brust from the AHL.

Hopefully a sign they overplay Kipper during the 48 game schedule and he ends up sucking in the final month due to fatigue while we enjoy the top 10 pick in round 2. :naughty:

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Calgary waived Karlsson and Irving, which leaves them without a backup goalie as of now. Speculation is they'll bring up either Taylor or Brust from the AHL.

Hopefully a sign they overplay Kipper during the 48 game schedule and he ends up sucking in the final month due to fatigue while we enjoy the top 10 pick in round 2. :naughty:

also Iginla who hasn't been a 100%. Wouldn't mind seeing him take some time off during the 48 games :naughty:

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
I would look at bringing in Irving or Karlsson. We have very little GK depth.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Good for Alex. I don't want him on the Habs but I'm happy for him to still find work in the NHL. He is a classy guy.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
For a guy who was told at a young age he would need to give up on hockey because of a heart condition you have to admire Kovalev. To still be competing at this level at his age despite that is no small feat. Good on him.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Nick Palmieri is on waivers. Interesting. However, I'm not sure if he'll ever amount to anything.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Claim Irving and try to get him to Hamilton. If he doesn't clear - no big deal. We have nothing down there.

You can't claim a player and send him down, you have to immediately offer him back to the original team, no use claiming a player unless you keep him NHL, we already have Desjardins and Mayer AHL and Delmas ECHL.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
You can't claim a player and send him down, you have to immediately offer him back to the original team, no use claiming a player unless you keep him NHL, we already have Desjardins and Mayer AHL and Delmas ECHL.

Yes you can. You have to expose him to waivers again.

Desjardins and Mayer suck, IMO. And I think Irving still has some upside.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Yes you can. You have to expose him to waivers again.

Desjardins and Mayer suck, IMO. And I think Irving still has some upside.

When you offer the player back to the team that waived him (and any other team who put in a claim), the original team doesn't have to put them back on waivers...they can assign the player directly to the AHL. Which is what the point of all this was in the first place. So it stands to reason that Calgary would just take him back and put him in the AHL, rendering the whole process a waste of time for everyone.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
I'll discuss some of the options Redden and Gomez may have once their buyouts are complete...tonight on TSN's season preview.

Wade Redden awaits buyout from NYR and looks forward to interest as a free agent. Multiple teams considering making an offer. Good for him.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
When you offer the player back to the team that waived him (and any other team who put in a claim), the original team doesn't have to put them back on waivers...they can assign the player directly to the AHL. Which is what the point of all this was in the first place. So it stands to reason that Calgary would just take him back and put him in the AHL, rendering the whole process a waste of time for everyone.

Claim him anyways. Price is playing 40 games this year and Budaj is in his last year.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
With HF's love of cap space, I'm surprised no one has suggested to trade Budaj and pick up one of these guys off waivers.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Claim him anyways. Price is playing 40 games this year and Budaj is in his last year.

What is the point of keeping 3 goalies on the roster? Budaj is a UFA after this year so either they re-sign him or they sign another UFA.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
Sure sounds like #Stars deal with Jamie Benn getting finalized. Latest Dal offer I heard was 33M. Look for cap hit around 5.5M for 5/6 yrs

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Wade Redden awaits buyout from NYR and looks forward to interest as a free agent. Multiple teams considering making an offer. Good for him.

I wouldn't be against the Habs signing him for 1 year (half a year, really) at league minimum. Especially if Subban holds out for any length of time. I'm pretty sure he's as good as Commodore anyway.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I wouldn't be against the Habs signing him for 1 year (half a year, really) at league minimum. Especially if Subban holds out for any length of time. I'm pretty sure he's as good as Commodore anyway.

I rather see Weber. Even if Weber isn't part of the longterm plans of the team, we need to raise his value so we can get a better return.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Would this guy be any use to us?

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
Brad Winchester is release from his PTO with the Flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad