The Out of Town Thread part LXIX - All Talk From Around the League Here ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
Another knee-jerk reaction by terrible Flyers management. And to think some here once marveled at that management and wished Habs had that same management style. LOL

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Another knee-jerk reaction by terrible Flyers management. And to think some here once marveled at that management and wished Habs had that same management style. LOL

being 0-3 and up against the cap hard, if I am Bergevin I am calling Holmgren on a daily basis. Teams in their situation are ripe for making mistake trades.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Holmgren will be gone at the end of the season if not sooner. I cannot fathom how Snider and the fan base has much faith left in him.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
being 0-3 and up against the cap hard, if I am Bergevin I am calling Holmgren on a daily basis. Teams in their situation are ripe for making mistake trades.

Yea, they've done quite a few already...

Though, things could get interesting in that regards. I just hope we don't get cap problems after.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You know what the Flyers really need? David Desharnais. That would turn their fortunes around.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I really don't understand how many more chances this guy is going to get. Pejorative Slured decisions year after year and he keeps blaming it on others :shakehead

The flyers front office is probably the worse in the league. No clear direction to move the team forward with. I thought when they got Simmonds,B.Schenn,Voracek they were going with the youth movement but then they added guys like Andrej Meszaros,Mark Streit,Ray Emery,Vincent Lecavalier. For a team that has a owner with deep pockets they badly misuse it. Vincent Lecavalier(long term deal),Mark Streit and of course Ilya Bryzgalov.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore

Holmgren might be our only shot at ever getting Simmonds via trade. No sane GM would trade him but hey, it's Holmgren so you never know.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Lecavalier is like 33 and his deal is for 3 years, in what world is that long-term? Briere is 36 and looks like he's been ravaged by father time himself and he got a 2 year 35+ contract and a NMC and a marginally smaller contract.

If Holmgren messed up the Lecavalier contract, Begevin screwed the pooch with Briere.

edit: my bad.

Last edited:

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Lecavalier is like 33 and his deal is for 3 years, in what world is that long-term? Briere is 36 and looks like he's been ravaged by father time himself and he got a 2 year 35+ contract and a NMC and a marginally smaller contract.

If Holmgren messed up the Lecavalier contract, Begevin screwed the pooch with Briere.

Lecavalier's deal is for 5 years, not 3.

dreamingofdrouin*

The flyers front office is probably the worse in the league. No clear direction to move the team forward with. I thought when they got Simmonds,B.Schenn,Voracek they were going with the youth movement but then they added guys like Andrej Meszaros,Mark Streit,Ray Emery,Vincent Lecavalier. For a team that has a owner with deep pockets they badly misuse it. Vincent Lecavalier(long term deal),Mark Streit and of course Ilya Bryzgalov.

Holmgren has no patience....he always tries to fix it all in one offseason.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
If there is any way we can snag Couturier out of Philly... Eller 2.0

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
my reaction to Laviolette getting fired: "Typical Philadelphia."

Absolutely. Tough to feel sad for a guy like that who had those kinds of comments. Anyway, it's not like he's going to be without a job for a long time....as soon as anybody loses his job, he is a candidate.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
If there is any way we can snag Couturier out of Philly... Eller 2.0

I doubt he's available but if so the Flyers would want way more than the guy is actually worth to get him out of Philly IMO.. Maybe it's just me me but I still fail to see why Couturier gets so much hype around here.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Absolutely. Tough to feel sad for a guy like that who had those kinds of comments. Anyway, it's not like he's going to be without a job for a long time....as soon as anybody loses his job, he is a candidate.

I read today that there have been 25 coaching changes in the past 2 years. That's a lot of new coaches with time left to make mistakes before they get fired . Laviolette might think of broadcasting because he could be waiting some time.

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
Looking at the flyers, with their speedy talented forwards and a slow as **** defense.

Well, it's a job for Jacques Martin, it will bring him back some memories from the Habs :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad