The Out of Town Thread (Part 48)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Im not sure why were tying to fix their problems for them lol...

people are all of a sudden becoming leafs fans and lafrenieres not even on the team yet lmao

And i agree with another post, why would a team want to bail them out..? makes no sense to me
Oh, I'm not a Leafs fan, it's just that elite defensemen are not easily available and even if they get their hands on a decent one, it might not be enough to fix their roster. Leafs have spectacular offense but are not properly built. That might bite them for good eventually.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I see nothing wrong with Lafreniere going to Pittsburgh. They're no longer as effectively talented given how old their core is. They're also a team that tries to win rather than tank.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Toronto... Ha ha ha!!!

https://thehockeywriters.com/toronto-maple-leafs-stanley-cup-2020/

Screenshot_20200809-224457_Samsung Internet.jpg

Or This:
Screenshot_20200809-224457_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200809-224002_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hilarious!!

ROEN

Writes for Habsworld
Feb 18, 2008
www.habsworld.net
Build a culture based on losing and its hard to break out of it. Buff, TO, Edmonton. These are all teams that spent years obviously trying to lose and they can’t win now.

If you are not trying to win as an Org don’t be surprised when you players don’t give a shit when you wake up one day and want to win.

Losing breeds losers

Very well said, the proportion of teams winning cups with a generational offensive talent vs those that were built 'from the ground up' to win is disproportionally on the side of of the latter. imo the only problem Lafreniere would have solved in Montreal is a linguistic one, the media attention would have obliterated him like it did so many others

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
First pic of the Leafs leaving the bubble tonight ...

31yi2g.jpg
What's even worse for them (and the Oilers) is that playoffs will be played home while they'll be on vacation (of course, a lot of Leafs players live out of town during the off-season, but still)

But hey, if I can find a positive for them is that they at least were able make a crazy late comeback at the end of game 4. But the way they lost game 3 and 5 will leave a sour taste for sure though...

I wonder in which playoffs bandwagon Leafs fan will jump in this year if they do.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Tuesday:

Columbus/Tampa Game 1 @ 3PM
Calgary/Dallas Game 1 @ 5:30PM
Carolina/Bruins Game 1 @ 8PM
Chicago/Vegas Game 1 #10:30PM

Wednesday:

NY Islanders/Washington Game 1 @ 3PM ET
Arizona/Colorado Game 1 @ 5:30PM ET
Montreal/Philadelphia Game 1 @ 8PM ET