The Out of Town Thread (Part 47)

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I don't disagree with this but people seemed to think it wasn't happening in hockey or that hockey culture wasn't toxic. It always was.
Hockey always had this clean public imagine which is dangerous because you cant address stuff that isnt public. This public perception has allowed things to fester to the point where its tolerated by players and coaches of all levels. Hopefully more stories come out and as a result, leagues will be pushed to make changes.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I posted this on another board but if no picks are traded over the next 2 drafts fans of 27 NHL teams are going to be sick and tired of hearing the Habs, Sens, Kings and Wings names as they have a shit ton of picks between them. 87 times the 4 teams will pick over 2 drafts as of now, 31 of them in the first 2 rounds (figures we have the least there)

'20+'21 picks,

Habs - 25 (but 15 are in rounds 3/4/5)
Sens - 22 (11 top 62 picks, damn that's sick)
LA - 21 (7 top 62 picks)
Wings - 19 (7 top 62 picks)

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
I posted this on another board but if no picks are traded over the next 2 drafts fans of 27 NHL teams are going to be sick and tired of hearing the Habs, Sens, Kings and Wings names as they have a shit ton of picks between them. 87 times the 4 teams will pick over 2 drafts as of now, 31 of them in the first 2 rounds (figures we have the least there)

'20+'21 picks,

Habs - 25 (but 15 are in rounds 3/4/5)
Sens - 22 (11 top 62 picks, damn that's sick)
LA - 21 (7 top 62 picks)
Wings - 19 (7 top 62 picks)
While we might not be fans of Melnyk or Dorion, with the prospects they have and especially the picks they have, if they draft well the Sens could quickly become a real threat! Only problem having so many young players is when they'll all negotiate a new contract at the same time. But for Melnyk pockets, he might be lucky with a lower salary cap in the post-COVID years.

Reactions: montreal

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

For those who want to read the article, there are disturbing details shared.

My nephew played for the Sting for four years in the late 90s. Nothing of the kind went on then. Im not saying these allegations are not true. These very disturbing assaults are not the norm and certainly not embedded culture of junior hockey. Like the sick little demented punks with the broom handles at St Mikes in Toronto a couple years ago.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
My nephew played for the Sting for four years in the late 90s. Nothing of the kind went on then. Im not saying these allegations are not true. These very disturbing assaults are not the norm and certainly not embedded culture of junior hockey. Like the sick little demented bastards at St Mikes in Toronto a couple years ago.
Just because it didn’t happen (to your knowledge) on your nephews hockey team 30 years ago, doesn’t mean it isn’t a problem today or hasn’t always been.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Bolded those on the same teams.

Then you have Stamkos-Point

Backstrom-Kuznetsov

Couturier-Giroux

It shows you how far away we are from being a real competitive team because of the middle of the ice.
Not had a true first line center since Koivu was in his prime 13 years ago. Let alone a great second line center.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Just because it didn’t happen (to your knowledge) on your nephews hockey team 30 years ago, doesn’t mean it isn’t a problem today or hasn’t always been.
I did not say it didnt it isnt a problem today. Carcillo is speaking the truth of his time there Im sure. So is my nephew.
My nephew says today it never happened on his team. He spent 4 years there. Dino Cicerelli owned the team and Mark Hunter was the coach. Believe my nephew when he says it never happened. There was some hazing ..............but sexual assaults, drinking semen, etc......nope.
Those were some sick vets on a team with 12 rookies . Carcillo is right to come forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAChampion

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
While we might not be fans of Melnyk or Dorion, with the prospects they have and especially the picks they have, if they draft well the Sens could quickly become a real threat! Only problem having so many young players is when they'll all negotiate a new contract at the same time. But for Melnyk pockets, he might be lucky with a lower salary cap in the post-COVID years.
Also they are great at drafting players while we suck big time. I would do unspeakable things to switch scouting staffs with them.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
much like how boston crapped the bed in the first round of '15, we got lucky that in '16 the sens opted for Brown over McAvoy as him and Chabot would be one hell of a duo to build your blueline around. Then there's White over Boeser, Konecny, etc.. in '15 as adding them to Chabot would be a killer. Though not saying Brown or White aren't good or could end up being better, just that with them being so loaded with top 60 picks, I'd rather they make as many mistakes as possible.

Even in '17 you have Bowers over Jokiharju or Timmins, not that we did much better in Poehling but I would hate to see either of those 2 blueliners with Chabot.

There's also the '11 draft where they like boston had 3 1st rounders, Zibanejad 6th OA, Noesen 21 OA, and Puempel 24OA. Although looking back at the draft it's looking pretty weak overall. They could of had Scheifele or Couturier who went in the next 2 picks but who could have predicted that Zibanejad would go from looking decent with the Sens as he had back to back 20 goal seasons in his last 2 years with the Sens but he had as many goals this year (41) as he had those last 2 years with the Sens and in just 57 games. That's insane, at 26/27 he's now one of the better goal scorers in the league and has really broken out with NYR these last 2 seasons.

Noesen looked like he might be something with one good year ala a Hudon and Puempel hasn't done much of anything. They missed out on Rackell who went 6 spots later then Puempel and guys like Danault, Namestnikov who also went a few picks later. Of course it looks worse if you go beyond the 1st round since it's not looking like such a great year outside of Huberdeau and a few others.

Going further back we got lucky they picked Cowen at 9th OA in '09 when Ellis went 2 spots later or Leddy at 16 OA, just 2 spots before we messed up with Leblanc.

They did the same mistake in '05 taking Lee at 9th OA with Kopitar going 2 spots later. The sens could have kicked our asses for years if they had Kopitar, Ellis or Leddy to go with such a great pick like Karlsson at 15th OA and now Chabot.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
If you want a contender, Danault could be the elite 3C on that team. Unfortunately because of his production, thanks mostly to his linemates, and usage, thanks to a coach that is obsessed with matchups and no other good options, you’ll be paying him to be a 2C.

I’m not saying get rid of him, but let someone else break the bank. He’ll be asking for more than Pageau, and someone will regret it.

That's why I pray we get to revamped the management prior to destroying the roster. We are in desperate need of a purge like the one the Sabres just did. Get rid of everybody. Start over. New philosophy.

WHO’S GONE?
SABRES FRONT OFFICE
Jason Botterill, general manager
Randy Sexton, assistant GM
Steve Greeley, assistant GM
ROCHESTER
Chris Taylor, head coach
Gord Dineen, assistant coach
Toby Peterson, assistant coach
AMATEUR SCOUTS
Ryan Jankowski, director
Jeff Crisp, assistant director
Cory Banika
Steve Cocker
Mark Ferner
Marcus Fingal
Scott Halpenny
Randy Hansch
Tom O’Connor
Ron Pyette
Matt Tiesling
Magnus Welin
PRO SCOUTS
John Van Boxmeer
DEVELOPMENT COACHES
Krys Barch
Mike Komisarek
Dennis Miller (rehab and development)

Going back to the draft, I don't see Rossi falling top 15 like Caufield. Rossi might even get picked higher than we think. It wouldn't surprise me.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
much like how boston crapped the bed in the first round of '15, we got lucky that in '16 the sens opted for Brown over McAvoy as him and Chabot would be one hell of a duo to build your blueline around. Then there's White over Boeser, Konecny, etc.. in '15 as adding them to Chabot would be a killer. Though not saying Brown or White aren't good or could end up being better, just that with them being so loaded with top 60 picks, I'd rather they make as many mistakes as possible.

Even in '17 you have Bowers over Jokiharju or Timmins, not that we did much better in Poehling but I would hate to see either of those 2 blueliners with Chabot.

There's also the '11 draft where they like boston had 3 1st rounders, Zibanejad 6th OA, Noesen 21 OA, and Puempel 24OA. Although looking back at the draft it's looking pretty weak overall. They could of had Scheifele or Couturier who went in the next 2 picks but who could have predicted that Zibanejad would go from looking decent with the Sens as he had back to back 20 goal seasons in his last 2 years with the Sens but he had as many goals this year (41) as he had those last 2 years with the Sens and in just 57 games. That's insane, at 26/27 he's now one of the better goal scorers in the league and has really broken out with NYR these last 2 seasons.

Noesen looked like he might be something with one good year ala a Hudon and Puempel hasn't done much of anything. They missed out on Rackell who went 6 spots later then Puempel and guys like Danault, Namestnikov who also went a few picks later. Of course it looks worse if you go beyond the 1st round since it's not looking like such a great year outside of Huberdeau and a few others.

Going further back we got lucky they picked Cowen at 9th OA in '09 when Ellis went 2 spots later or Leddy at 16 OA, just 2 spots before we messed up with Leblanc.

They did the same mistake in '05 taking Lee at 9th OA with Kopitar going 2 spots later. The sens could have kicked our asses for years if they had Kopitar, Ellis or Leddy to go with such a great pick like Karlsson at 15th OA and now Chabot.
The Sens have done an excellent job outside of the first round while we only have Gallagher, Mete and Lekhonen. Tampas 1st round history isnt that impressive either, but they managed to find some great players outside the 1st.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The Sens have done an excellent job outside of the first round while we only have Gallagher, Mete and Lekhonen. Tampas 1st round history isnt that impressive either, but they managed to find some great players outside the 1st.

from '03 to '16 guys with over 300 NHL games and 150 + pts, plus goalies with over 300 games,

Stone, Hoffman, Silfverberg, Pageau, Dzingel, Smith, Lehner, Elliott

vs

Subban, Gallagher, Streit, Grabo, S.Kosty, Halak (Lats just missed at 147 pts)

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Also they are great at drafting players while we suck big time. I would do unspeakable things to switch scouting staffs with them.

krxl6t6kl0pv.gif

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
from '03 to '16 guys with over 300 NHL games and 150 + pts, plus goalies with over 300 games,

Stone, Hoffman, Silfverberg, Pageau, Dzingel, Smith, Lehner, Elliott

vs

Subban, Gallagher, Streit, Grabo, S.Kosty, Halak (Lats just missed at 147 pts)
I forgot to mention in recent years. Either way, I'd take the Sens group AINEC.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I forgot to mention in recent years. Either way, I'd take the Sens group AINEC.

who do you have, there's Formenton, Batherson, Lajoie, who else?

the sens win cause their top 2 are better then our top 2 and ours looks worse cause 2 of our top 3 are D's plus they have 2 goalies compared to 1.

Stone - 385 pts in 449 games .86 ppg
Hoffman - 359 in 493 .73
Silfverberg - 291 in 558 .52
Pageau - 184 in 435 .42
Dzingel - 167 in 332 .5
Smith - 204 in 662 .31

Lehner 301 games 2.72 .918
Elliott 471 games 2.5 .912

vs

Subban - 426 in 713 .6 ppg
Gallagher - 334 in 547 .61
Streit - 434 in 786 .55
Grabo - 296 in 534 .55
S.Kosty - 176 in 353 .5
Lats - 147 in 341 .43

Halak 520 games 2.48 .916

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
who do you have, there's Formenton, Batherson, Lajoie, who else?

the sens win cause their top 2 are better then our top 2 and ours looks worse cause 2 of our top 3 are D's plus they have 2 goalies compared to 1.

Stone - 385 pts in 449 games .86 ppg
Hoffman - 359 in 493 .73
Silfverberg - 291 in 558 .52
Pageau - 184 in 435 .42
Dzingel - 167 in 332 .5
Smith - 204 in 662 .31

Lehner 301 games 2.72 .918
Elliott 471 games 2.5 .912

vs

Subban - 426 in 713 .6 ppg
Gallagher - 334 in 547 .61
Streit - 434 in 786 .55
Grabo - 296 in 534 .55
S.Kosty - 176 in 353 .5
Lats - 147 in 341 .43

Halak 520 games 2.48 .916
Formenton is an excellent player. Big speedy player that did phenomenal in the AHL. Meanwhile our 1st rounder forgot how to play hockey after 3 years in the NCAA. Formenton hasn't even played much in the last couple years, he would arguably be our best prospect. Batherson is also a great young player. I think Chlapik can be a decent player. Wolanin looked good last year, got injured this year. They have drafted f*** all before 2008 which is why I said recent years.

Their guys are better because they are simply better, not because of position. Guys like Borowiecki and Grant are also solid NHLers even though they don't meet your criteria, especially lately. Also all the Habs players besides Gallagher and Subban were drafted ages ago and none of them are even in the league. So ya, the Sens have done a much better job, especially lately since the Habs have like nobody to show for it that's playing today.

Reactions: Toene
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad