The Out of Town Thread Part 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Lafreniere will look good on Detroit. He will make Mantha a regular 30 goals scorer. The Redwings have big and skill forwards coming into the roster the next few years. Lafreniere, Veleno, Schvechnikov, Rasmussen, Hirose, Moritz, McIsaac and Cholowski. The goal for the Wings is to have Helm, Abdelkader and Nielsen's contract gone in 2 years to free up 12 millions look the UFA route for a good offensive defensemen and a good two-way forward. Goaltending will also have to be look at. With 6 picks in the first 3 rounds, the Rew Wings are planning to come out strong in 2023.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Lafreniere will look good on Detroit. He will make Mantha a regular 30 goals scorer. The Redwings have big and skill forwards coming into the roster the next few years. Lafreniere, Veleno, Schvechnikov, Rasmussen, Hirose, Moritz, McIsaac and Cholowski. The goal for the Wings is to have Helm, Abdelkader and Nielsen's contract gone in 2 years to free up 12 millions look the UFA route for a good offensive defensemen and a good two-way forward. Goaltending will also have to be look at. With 6 picks in the first 3 rounds, the Rew Wings are planning to come out strong in 2023.

Lafreniere - Larkin - Mantha :eek:

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Good looking line right there. But you know, and I know, that Detroit has a whole hell of a lot of work to do even if they get the #1 pick. Ehhh, maybe I'm getting defiant, because I'm surrounded by Wings fans wherever I go.

Lafreniere - Larkin - Mantha
Bertuzzi - XXX - Zadina
Fabbri - Veleno- XXX
XXX - XXX - XXX

XXXX- Seider
Cholowski - Hronek
McIsaac - XXX

XXX
XXX

The building blocks are there. If they can get some good UFA this summer (with the money from Ericsson/Daley/Gagner/Howard) or next (Helm/Filppula/Nemeth/Bernier), they could climb back up rapidly. Of course they can easily screw it up if they can't get a good goalie and a top pair D. It's also dependent on Veleno/Seider/Cholowski/McIsaac being decent.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Uutta: Jokerit on yllätysvärväyksen jäljillä – NHL-lupaus Henrik Borgström lähellä Suomeen paluuta

Henrik Borgström is upset with Panthers management and is signing a 1 year contract with Jokerit in the KHL. This comes after Juho Lammikko left to play in the Liiga.

This is 100% the kind of move MB should jump on if the price is right. Borgstrom has shown flashes in the AHL, put him in Laval with Bouchard and put Kotka on his line with Ylonen and see what happens.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Borgstrom - Kotkaniemi - Ylonen definitely looks like a beauty of a line.

I'm a big fan of his as he was outstanding in the NCAA but not a fan of how the panthers have handled him. I know he gave Laval fits in the few times we faced them last year, don't recall this year off the top of my head. But if the price is right you would be getting a big skilled winger that can play center and would likely fit in with our Finns, roll the dice and see if you can turn him into something.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Who says he's sure to be in Detroit? Those teams are gonna get a lottery still.. he might go to Ottawa for all we know

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I'm a big fan of his as he was outstanding in the NCAA but not a fan of how the panthers have handled him. I know he gave Laval fits in the few times we faced them last year, don't recall this year off the top of my head. But if the price is right you would be getting a big skilled winger that can play center and would likely fit in with our Finns, roll the dice and see if you can turn him into something.
Been a big fan of Borgstrom for a long time. Seems like the kind of player that takes longer to develop but can make an impact at the NHL level once he’s ready. Surrounding him with good young prospects to develop in a system where they can come up together would be a godsend. Hope we can pry him away as he’d be a great addition to the prospect pool we already have going.

Reactions: montreal

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Red Wings need defense soooo bad. Sure they take Lafreniere at first overall, but if theyre below that, Id look at Drysdale real hard. Seider and Cholowski are good but they need more.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Kovalev wants a coaching job in the NHL per some interview. It's on La Presse.
He was notorious for doing his own thing as a player and not always being the easiest guy around to coach . Similar guys like Lafleur were never able to transition to a coaching position, I wonder if Alex can.

Vegas signs Jack Dugan their 5th round pick in '17, he led the NCAA in scoring so interested to see how he does next year.

He was the muscle on one of the better lines in college hockey this season. I like him a lot, he's big, agressive and he's got a good all around toolbox. Real modern power forward type.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Congrats to Igor Eronko, who has for a long while been a good source for news coming out of the KHL/Europe, has been named Assistant GM for Avangard Omsk. It's like hearing Pierre LeBrun becomes an Assistant GM of an NHL team.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad