OT: The Other Sports Thread VII - NBA Finals: Raptors vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I was certainly very pleased with the outcome, it was a defensive struggle with both sides being great but the experience of Brady, Belichick, Gronk and Edelman was enough in the end to secure the Pats the win, it wasn't pretty but a win none the less.
The sacks were great. Pats stopping the run was fabulous. The hits were hard. It was tense all the way through. One play away.

Ill take it over a blow out any time.

I enjoyed the game from start to finish. Glad the Rams lost.

Reactions: OldCraig71

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I wish that the habs were like the Patriots but then again we used to be and back then everyone hated us as well.

I hear ya. We used to be......in what seems like an eternity ago

I'm a fan of both the Habs at the Pats so at least in this era i have to Pats to fall upon when the Habs sucké Still looking forward to the day when the Habs will be a powerhouse again. Ironically the Pats will likely be in rebuild mode then

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

I'm a fan of both the Habs at the Pats so at least in this era i have to Pats to fall upon when the Habs sucké Still looking forward to the day when the Habs will be a powerhouse again. Ironically the Pats will likely be in rebuild mode then

How can you be a fan of a Boston and Montreal based team?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Really? You thought all the poor throws and 3 and outs were great?
No the Rams got stuffed by a great Pats D and execution of masterful game plan. The rookie quarter back was a deer in the headlights. Their big runners got slammed. Their receivers were covered when they did get a ball in or near the end zone. Edleman ran circles around the rams and simply could not be covered. Number 11 always catching and crashing for extra yards. Hightower and Gilomour were great . But the Rams were the only team that could hit, rush and make things difficult for Brady. A rarity in these play offs. Tom could have played the AFC Championship game against the Chiefs wearing no equipment.

I also like that the Rams lost because they never should have been there. It went right down the wire though. Tense.

No, It was not high scoring like most Bowl games. But I enjoyed it. Defense is part of football. Like it or not.

My wife thought it was boring too....she likes it when everyone gets to jump and down for touchdowns.

Although the Rams looked like a CFL team at times.....not just the punts, but the rush to punt.

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
It seemed to me that experience played factor as the Rams offense looked tentative at times and could not adjust to the Pats defense. Goff certainly didnt seem comfortable tonight and it resulted in an interception at a vital time. One has to wonder how different this game would have been with the Saints and Brees as the opponent.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
This Super Bowl felt underwhelming overall though. Not just because of the lack of offense but I felt like the commercials weren't that good and the show felt Grey Cup worthy.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Yeah, I am the same, I started out as a pats fan during the Drew Bledsoe days and I have never turned my back on them. It was difficult for me at first especially because of my hate for the Bruins but I got over that, different sport is what I tell myself.:laugh: I think that the Patriots fortunes lie in the hands of Belichick, I feel that he could take any top 10 QB in the league and have success and that's not a knock on Brady either but more a compliment to BB. He has a system and can intechange parts and make things work, looking at the vast array of players they have brought in over the years and continued to be successful has proven that. I wonder how much longer BB wants to keep going? If he feels like he can do this for 4-5 more years I can still see the dynasty continuing.

Reactions: Runner77 and s613s

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
How can you be a fan of a Boston and Montreal based team?

Different sports. I hate the Bruins , love the Pats and are indifferent toward the Red Sox and Celtics

But yeah it's a bit weird having Bruins fans as allies when i talk football and as enemies when i talk hockey. But hey it is what it is haha

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It seemed to me that experience played factor as the Rams offense looked tentative at times and could not adjust to the Pats defense. Goff certainly didnt seem comfortable tonight and it resulted in an interception at a vital time. One has to wonder how different this game would have been with the Saints and Brees as the opponent.
Goff is probably very sore today and not just emotionally, he was hit so many times, everytime that the ball was snapped it seemed like he was potentially in trouble. The patriots D was the MVP of the superbowl in my opinion.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Yeah, I am the same, I started out as a pats fan during the Drew Bledsoe days and I have never turned my back on them. It was difficult for me at first especially because of my hate for the Bruins but I got over that, different sport is what I tell myself.:laugh: I think that the Patriots fortunes lie in the hands of Belichick, I feel that he could take any top 10 QB in the league and have success and that's not a knock on Brady either but more a compliment to BB. He has a system and can intechange parts and make things work, looking at the vast array of players they have brought in over the years and continued to be successful has proven that. I wonder how much longer BB wants to keep going? If he feels like he can do this for 4-5 more years I can still see the dynasty continuing.

BB is a genius strategist for sure

Hell if WW3 broke out tomorrow i'd almost have faith in BB as a war general even though he probably don't know much about military strategies and tactics. But the man has a fantastic mind to devise plans and strategies. He's like the Emperor Palpatine of football XD

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
No the Rams got stuffed by a great Pats D and execution of masterful game plan. The rookie quarter back was a deer in the headlights. Their big runners got slammed. Their receivers were covered when they did get a ball in or near the end zone. Edleman ran circles around the rams and simply could not be covered. Number 11 always catching and crashing for extra yards. Hightower and Gilomour were great . But the Rams were the only team that could hit, rush and make things difficult for Brady. A rarity in these play offs. Tom could have played the AFC Championship game against the Chiefs wearing no equipment.

I also like that the Rams lost because they never should have been there. It went right down the wire though. Tense.

No, It was not high scoring like most Bowl games. But I enjoyed it. Defense is part of football. Like it or not.

My wife thought it was boring too....she likes it when everyone gets to jump and down for touchdowns.

Although the Rams looked like a CFL team at times.....not just the punts, but the rush to punt.
I'm in the same boat Paul D, I have watched the pats for 20 years and I have seen and felt everything but at no time yesterday did I feel like they would lose to the Rams. You know what I mean being a long time sports fan yourself, that gut feeling( I almost feel like it is my sports spirit guide:laugh:) you get when you know your team is in trouble. Brady didn't have one of his best games either but I just felt that eventually they would find a way, they always do and that certainly is indeed what eventually happened. Goff and McVay are young and it showed and McVay admitted to getting outcoached, their D is good but they couldn't adapt and kept making the same mistakes but they will learn and get better.

Reactions: Runner77

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
BB is a genius strategist for sure

Hell if WW3 broke out tomorrow i'd almost have faith in BB as a war general even though he probably don't know much about military strategies and tactics. But the man has a fantastic mind to devise plans and strategies. He's like the Emperor Palpatine of football XD
I don't know if you have watched any of those NFL films about the Patriots but it really shows how the mans preparation for battle if you will is second to none, he is a strategist on every single possible level and prepares for every possible outcome. He is like a military tactician for sure and is all business but loved by players and staff alike. The man is a legend.
El-mejor-slogan-de-la-historia.jpg

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I'm in the same boat Paul D, I have watched the pats for 20 years and I have seen and felt everything but at no time yesterday did I feel like they would lose to the Rams. You know what I mean being a long time sports fan yourself, that gut feeling( I almost feel like it is my sports spirit guide:laugh:) you get when you know your team is in trouble. Brady didn't have one of his best games either but I just felt that eventually they would find a way, they always do and that certainly is indeed what eventually happened. Goff and McVay are young and it showed and McVay admitted to getting outcoached, their D is good but they couldn't adapt and kept making the same mistakes but they will learn and get better.
On the very same page as you again OC71.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad