OT: The Other Sports Thread VII - NBA Finals: Raptors vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Only watched the 4th quarter... I guess I did the right thing? Congrats Brady for your 6th title...

Retirement for Brady/Belichick?

They're both going until they die on the field or until the Pats miss the playoffs whichever comes 1st.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I'm sad for Brees. Should be the one carying the trophy. But when the fix is in, there's nothing you can do.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I was certainly very pleased with the outcome, it was a defensive struggle with both sides being great but the experience of Brady, Belichick, Gronk and Edelman was enough in the end to secure the Pats the win, it wasn't pretty but a win none the less.

Reactions: BLONG7

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
How was the half time show? Lady Gaga was brilliant a couple of seasons ago (useless info but I saw her live in the UK supporting Take That and she was brilliant, she had only had her first hit then). Can’t believe it was only 3-0 in the 3rd quarter, this is why I don’t watch it as nothing happens

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I swear, every year I just don't understand the SuperBowl trophy ceremony.

Someone walks with the trophy while all the players touch and kiss it. Then they bring it on a stage where the quarterback, owner, coach, and sometimes a few other players are on a higher platform than the rest of the team.

As well as the handing over of the trophy to the team is anti-climactic.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
How was the half time show? Lady Gaga was brilliant a couple of seasons ago (useless info but I saw her live in the UK supporting Take That and she was brilliant, she had only had her first hit then). Can’t believe it was only 3-0 in the 3rd quarter, this is why I don’t watch it as nothing happens
Maroon 5 is hopefully done with music after that halftime show. Adam Levine should never sing live again.

DubDub

Jul 11, 2017
This actually might be the worst football game ever, let alone the worst superbowl ever!

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Any time he has a criticism for a contestant on The Voice, they can throw it back at him by saying at least they're not as bad as his half-time performance.
Man, I have never heard anything as bad as that in a live performance, that man simply cannot sing and tbh it came off looking like he really knew that he was awful. The whole rap addition didn't work and wtf was the choir about? It was awful and I am sure he gets roasted for that whole debacle and rightfully so.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
I swear, every year I just don't understand the SuperBowl trophy ceremony.

Someone walks with the trophy while all the players touch and kiss it. Then they bring it on a stage where the quarterback, owner, coach, and sometimes a few other players are on a higher platform than the rest of the team.

As well as the handing over of the trophy to the team is anti-climactic.

It's shit. Much like football and the super bowl. Ads upon ads and the suits touch the trophy first. It's why the Stanley cup is easily the best ceremony, and the grandest trophy.

Reactions: TRG

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010
This actually might be the worst football game ever, let alone the worst superbowl ever!

Honestly, I prefer this than when there's a blowout. At least game remained a 1 possession game nearly the entire time, so every play feels important. When a team is up over 21 points game is a lot less interesting to watch afterwards...

Reactions: peate

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
I have to admit son is a Saints fan so if they had made the Super Bowl we would have had to watch it thankfully they didn’t make it

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I'm sad for Brees. Should be the one carying the trophy. But when the fix is in, there's nothing you can do.
Yea right. The call cost him a trip to the super bowl. Not THE Superbowl.

Pats would have beaten anyone....including the Saints

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Maybe they could add a shoot out. 5 on 5 in OT. Count missed shot attempts?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Nothing special. Maroon 5 was ok I guess, but Travis Scott was ear garbage for me.

The game itself was a mixed bag for me. On one hand, I liked the chess match defensively but at the same time, there were a comedy of errors that kept this game so close. Normally I’d say anything can happen, a la MB, but when it was 10-3, it did feel like it was over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad