OT: The Other Sports Thread VI - The NFL is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Guessing Watson. But pre-draft, I'd have those 3 ahead for sure.

I think Mayfield is the likeliest to be a franchise QB. Darnold 2nd with the highest upside and Rosen 3rd. I really don't see Mayfield failing unless he's injured. Rosen has awesome mechanics but he has to learn to protect himself. I can see all 3 becoming top 10 qbs within 3 years.

You don't see the obvious concerns with each one of the 3? Or do you believe that those aren't as big of reg flags as they've been portrayed (speaking relatively here, given the level of players being discussed)?

I do not like Mayfield myself. Certainly not as #1 overall pick. He struggles once the pocket breaks down and doesn't read underneath coverage very well. I do not value leadership qualities as much as the next guy. I will even say I prefer keel guys over someone fiery. Ideally I'd want a robot as my franchise QB. Baker's intensity can be his downfall at times (we've seen that happen). Just my personal take of course.

I'd have gone Darnold if I were in a dire need of a QB. He has trouble with ball security, but I'd rather gamble on that given his pure offensive ability that Mayfield (IMO) doesn't not possess.

I'd go Allen next. I love that arm. It a clear cut above the rest of QBs of this draft class. Yes, I understand he has accuracy issues, but I think that can be something he could improve upon over time.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
You don't see the obvious concerns with each one of the 3? Or do you believe that those aren't as big of reg flags as they've been portrayed (speaking relatively here, given the level of players being discussed)?

I do not like Mayfield myself. Certainly not as #1 overall pick. He struggles once the pocket breaks down and doesn't read underneath coverage very well. I do not value leadership qualities as much as the next guy. I will even say I prefer keel guys over someone fiery. Ideally I'd want a robot as my franchise QB. Baker's intensity can be his downfall at times (we've seen that happen). Just my personal take of course.

I'd have gone Darnold if I were in a dire need of a QB. He has trouble with ball security, but I'd rather gamble on that given his pure offensive ability that Mayfield (IMO) doesn't not possess.

I'd go Allen next. I love that arm. It a clear cut above the rest of QBs of this draft class. Yes, I understand he has accuracy issues, but I think that can be something he could improve upon over time.

I strongly disagree about Mayfield struggling when the play breaks down. It's quite the opposite. That's where he thrives. Amazing numbers on the run. I see him as a better Keenum.

Besides, I like Mayfield for his passing abilities. Couldn't care less about the leadership stuff.

I wouldn't touch Allen in the first. Poor accuracy and poor decision making. I'd have taken Jackson well before.

I think the main draft experts like Mayock and Kiper are vastly undervaluing the qbs this year. Especially Rosen and Mayfield.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Rosen apparently rubbed too many of his teammaes the wrong way with his elitist rich white privilege attitude. He won't make the NFL.

Quote this post 4 years from now.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Stunned the Browns passed on Williams. Most potential of any linemen IMO. Baffled the kid is still on the board.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Not to divert NFL talk, but i kinda get a bit of sick pleasure watching the Schitt Show, I mean Stro Show.

Marcus Stroman is so arrogant, a loud mouth and watching him get lit up is enjoyable even as a Jays fan

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Not to divert NFL talk, but i kinda get a bit of sick pleasure watching the Schitt Show, I mean Stro Show.

Marcus Stroman is so arrogant, a loud mouth and watching him get lit up is enjoyable even as a Jays fan
He's certainly a polarizing figure. I don't really mind his swagger , the only thing that bugs me is him venting on twitter when he's frustrated. I'd rather he kept that inside the locker room.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
OH MY GOD!!!! DAVID AKERS!!!! YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

""Hey Cowboys fans, those kids weren't even born when you won your last Super Bowl!!!!

Reactions: montreal

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
My Broncos stood pat at #5 and ended up drafting arguably the best player of this draft!!

Miller + Chubb = Beast!!
Our 3 first pics have been great!!!

I'm super stoked!!

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
For next year's NFL draft, you guys should keep an eye on Ed Oliver, from Houston. If you can catch some of their games, you absolutely should. Highly recruited out of high school and he has lived up to expectations. Very strong and explosive kid. Still a ton of room to grow.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
:clap::clap::clap:

A loud round of applause goes to Françoise Abanda for making herself sound like a complete and utter idiot with her most recent comments.

We all get it - you have something to prove and we all hope you do get there. But how about trying to become relevant first before making a fool out of yourself?

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
:clap::clap::clap:

A loud round of applause goes to Françoise Abanda for making herself sound like a complete and utter idiot with her most recent comments.

We all get it - you have something to prove and we all hope you do get there. But how about trying to become relevant first before making a fool out of yourself?
This was ridiculous on her part.

To be fair to Bouchard, she gave us two good years, a slam final, got to #5 in the world. Sure she's a mess now. She got a lot of attention because she was almost the Wimbledon champion.

Another thing people don't want to talk about ..but is totally true...Bouchard got more attention not because she's white, but because she's attractive. It's "attractive people privilege" . It happens in life everyday. It's the reason Idris Elba would be James Bond or get a Tag Heuer ad campaign before an uglier white guy. No one wants to say it, but it's true.

Abanda has potential . If she makes a slam round of 32, I'll be the first to watch it, I swear, just like I watched Pospisil, Wozniak, and all the other Canadians in grand slams, promise.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Further confirmation of why I can't watch soccer. Got stuck with soccer games on sports radio today, so this incident was widely publicized:

Ibrahimovic slaps a midget Saputo player across the face but then pretends to be hurt and falls down at the same time as the midget. Beautiful.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Can't say enough about this guy. Congrats Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, first active NFL player to hold a medical degree.

And perfected his English. And grew up in a family business of bread and pastry makers. Doesn't this guy invite the whole team to his house last year and bake every single thing he served.

I mean, who does this?!!!!

Laurent, you're out of this world. Thanks for making us all proud. :handclap:

Last edited:

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Can't say enough about this guy. Congrats Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, first active NHL player to hold a medical degree.

And perfected his English. And grew up in a family business of bread and pastry makers. Doesn't this guy invite the whole team to his house last year and bake every single thing he served.

I mean, who does this?!!!!

Laurent, you're out of this world. Thanks for making us all proud. :handclap:

You mean NFL right? It would be even more impressive if an NFL player became the first NHL player to become a doctor :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad