OT: The Other Sports Thread VI - The NFL is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Hm, did I lock the other one by mistake? Well, whatever this is fine.

And yeah, I have no idea what the hell Vince is thinking..

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Hm, did I lock the other one by mistake? Well, whatever this is fine.

And yeah, I have no idea what the hell Vince is thinking..
Yeah the last one is locked now, which is why I had to do a bit of a ghetto job on the quoting there :P

As for the XFL, the context seems a lot worse than it was in the early 2000's. I just don't see how a new league could fare better, the WWE really isn't the marketing powerhouse it was back then.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Chung destroyed in the first set. To be fair he lost it a great deal more than Federer won it.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I should have slept instead. Disappointing match to say the least.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Chung was playing on one foot, not much he could do sadly. Tennis is a hard sport man, it makes guys like Federer who almost never miss any time even more of an anomaly.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Chung was playing on one foot, not much he could do sadly. Tennis is a hard sport man, it makes guys like Federer who almost never miss any time even more of an anomaly.
I did not mean to dispute the legitimacy of Chung's injury - I was just disappointed in the competitive outcome of the match, that's all.

P.S. I play tennis regularly. :)

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Woke up too late to catch Federer getting another GS title. GOTA keeps on delivering.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I did not mean to dispute the legitimacy of Chung's injury - I was just disappointed in the competitive outcome of the match, that's all.

P.S. I play tennis regularly. :)
Oh I know, I really didn't want to sound like I was condescending either , I'm sorry if it came out that way ! I was just stating the obvious.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just saw these guys performing an absolutely amazing wingsuit stunt. They guested on Conan and told the story on how they achieved this:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
A question to you all that follow the NFL...

Who do you see as the best QB fit (provided they draft one with their 2OA pick) for the Giants in the upcoming draft - Darnold, Rosen or Allen. Perhaps even Mayfield, although I don't believe NYG will consider him.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal

Who do you see as the best QB fit (provided they draft one with their 2OA pick) for the Giants in the upcoming draft - Darnold, Rosen or Allen. Perhaps even Mayfield, although I don't believe NYG will consider him.

I heard Nick Foles is pretty good :sarcasm:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

Nick Foles

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

Aw man, the Nick Foles joke is already made, I came in too late :laugh: . It would have to be Darnold for me, he's the best pure passer in the whole draft and his other tools are all good to very good. Don't let his disappointing draft season fool you, those things happen, see Dan Marino. Let him sit under Manning's learning tree for a year and he'll be ready to take over in 19-20, Favre to Rodgers style.

Last edited:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Aw man, the Nick Foles joke is already made, I came in too late :laugh: . It would have to be Darnold for me, he's the best pure passer in the whole draft and his other tools are all good to very good. Don't let his disappointing draft season fool you, those things happen, see Dan Marino. Let him sit under Manning's learning tree for a year and he'll be ready to take over in 19-20, Favre to Rodgers style.

I also prefer Darnold. While his arm isn't as good of the one of Rosen, he can scramble at times and is the more agile of the two.

I definitely think that Rosen is the more NFL-ready of the two (although both can start next year), but he has numerous red flags when it comes to his character and commitment to professional football.

But my personal pick would be Allen. While raw, I think he's got the highest ceiling of any QB in the upcoming draft. He won't be starting next year by all accounts, but given 2-3 years, he can become a true impact player.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
My main man Roger is officially back at the number 1 spot at the ripe young age of 36. Yet another feat to add to his considerable legacy. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->