OT: The Other Sports Thread VI - The NFL is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I wish Kawhi finally shut the f*** up. It's getting tiresome at this point.

Love the player, but hate the non-sense surrounding him for over a year now.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
James to Lakers for $154M! second time Lebron screws Cleveland.

He came back to Cavs, won them a championship made the final many times. He is a UFA and does not owe them squat. Fans should feel fortunate and be happy he bothered coming back.

Reactions: Mathletic

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
He came back to Cavs, won them a championship made the final many times. He is a UFA and does not owe them squat. Fans should feel fortunate and be happy he bothered coming back.

Oh come on. Granted he won them a championship. He was drafted by the Cavaliers and is from Ohio. I know Cleveland have a hard time attracting FA's, but he should have a little more respect for this fan base. Just my humble opinion.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Why did LeBron sign with the Lakers?

Doesn’t make sense unless they said they had trades lined up to make the roster better. Only reason I can see. I expect Kawhi to go there. Maybe Kemba Walker too?

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Oh come on. Granted he won them a championship. He was drafted by the Cavaliers and is from Ohio. I know Cleveland have a hard time attracting FA's, but he should have a little more respect for this fan base. Just my humble opinion.

First time around the way he left maybe. Not now and im glad owner just release nothing but praises

www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/cavaliers-issue-statement-lebron-james-departure/

As a famous GM said "If you want loyalty buy a dog".

Last edited:
Reactions: Justin11

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Why did LeBron sign with the Lakers?
They're a clean slate essentially, with tons of cap room and a very appealing market. He'll have the opportunity to assemble a team around him (like in Miami) and handpick the players he wants to play with. That and he's apparently very interested in getting in the movie business a la Shaq back in the mid nineties.

Reactions: DAChampion

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
They're a clean slate essentially, with tons of cap room and a very appealing market. He'll have the opportunity to assemble a team around him (like in Miami) and handpick the players he wants to play with. That and he's apparently very interested in getting in the movie business a la Shaq back in the mid nineties.

Did Shaq or Rodman make any non-terrible films?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
LeBron has already proven himself to be a great champion. If he just wants to be rich, then this is sensible. If I was him, I would honestly just go for the money. The Lakers might also be the best endorsement option.

Though he's 33 years old. I assume that he's not going to dominate for long.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
LeBron has already proven himself to be a great champion. If he just wants to be rich, then this is sensible. If I was him, I would honestly just go for the money. The Lakers might also be the best endorsement option.

Though he's 33 years old. I assume that he's not going to dominate for long.
He's coming off perhaps his best performance ever though, he REALLY had to drag Cleveland to the finals this time . He might still have a few big seasons left in him I think but getting past the big teams in the west is gonna be hard.

Reactions: DAChampion

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
So what was billed as a great series turned into a joke.

Scores of 8-1, 0-11 and 11-1 for NY. Thrilling.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
I really don't get the Lakers moves. They sign a couple of washed up veterans at a high price and let a bright young player in Randle go.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I really don't get the Lakers moves. They sign a couple of washed up veterans at a high price and let a bright young player in Randle go.
I think it's mostly a play style thing, they want to build a small ball, three point shooting offense around Lebron . Randle doesn't fit into that mould, which sucks for him because he's one of the better young PF out there.

Last edited:

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
wtf, Demarcus Cousins signs in Golden State for 5.3m, the mid-level exception

Get rekt lebron

82-0 + 16-0 incoming

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
wtf, Demarcus Cousins signs in Golden State for 5.3m, the mid-level exception

Get rekt lebron

82-0 + 16-0 incoming
It's clear he's going to have a much harder time getting past the semis out west. He won't be able to drag a team entirely by himself past one of the top 3 WC teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->