OT: The Other Sports Thread VI - The NFL is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Can't say enough about this guy. Congrats Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, first active NHL player to hold a medical degree.

And perfected his English. And grew up in a family business of bread and pastry makers. Doesn't this guy invite the whole team to his house last year and bake every single thing he served.

I mean, who does this?!!!!

Laurent, you're out of this world. Thanks for making us all proud. :handclap:

Geez, I got a tear in my eye. Great story.

Reactions: Runner77

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I hate the Cavs game because it’s boring. It’s all Lebron and predictable. Still nobody have figured out how to stop him.

Lol @ JR Smith. Was screaming at my tv WTF are you doing???

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
NBA is a joke... The same 2 teams for years...
NBA is a star driving league...the Warriors are the best team, a collection of superstars.

And the Cavaliers have perhaps the best player in the history of the game.

Its not all that surprising.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
JR Smith looked into the future and viewed 14 million possible outcomes of this series. Out of all of them, he only saw one winning scenario. As he dribbled the ball and drained the clock, he looked at LeBron and said, "I'm sorry LeBron, it's the only way."
#InfinityWar

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
NBA is a star driving league...the Warriors are the best team, a collection of superstars.

And the Cavaliers have perhaps the best player in the history of the game.

Its not all that surprising.

That's the problem though...

There's no intrigue in that league!

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Was watching this, why would Eye of the Tiger want to send Adam Braidwood against Simon Kean for? Braidwood is not even a boxer, he is gonna get destroyed. And they are gonna kill one of their attraction in Braidwood for one match. And Kean has nothing to win by beating him.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Raonic once again can't beat one of the 4 greats in a final. It's the story of his career at this point, of his whole generation of players really. The clock is starting to tick on his window of opportunity and the new generation is coming in fast.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Raonic once again can't beat one of the 4 greats in a final. It's the story of his career at this point, of his whole generation of players really. The clock is starting to tick on his window of opportunity and the new generation is coming in fast.

I had no idea Raonic was back on tour. Him reaching the final of a tournament is encouraging though. I really hope he can regain is form and stay injury free for an extended period of time.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I had no idea Raonic was back on tour. Him reaching the final of a tournament is encouraging though. I really hope he can regain is form and stay injury free for an extended period of time.
That was his first tournament since early May so you're right in that sense. He's at his best on grass so we'll see in the next few weeks where he's at health wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->