OT: The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
So nothing about Mariotta?

Probably won't see much of him other than holding a clipboard. But that's what we said about Tannehill here too.

Conklin to the Browns, that'll be strange. I remember thinking that with Lewan and Conklin, working under Munchak that the Titans O-line was going to dominate the league. They were the top rated line one season, but that was before the offense had any other weapons.

There's actually a ton of roster turnover this summer (and next), especially on defense.

Walker and Succop gone, but neither have been a factor recently due to injury.

It'll be interesting to see if the team peaked last season, or if there's a real foundation for success there.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I'll miss Mariota because he seems like a good dude and I always wanted him to be successful.

I hate having to lose Conklin. He was great last year but also understand that sometimes you have to let players walk.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Casey for a 7th?

Hopefully they didn't lose a player like Casey just to sign someone already on the roster.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
“Only” got a 7th because the Titans get completely free from his contract. $13 million each of the next 3 years plus a $5 million roster bonus that was due soon.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
“Only” got a 7th because the Titans get completely free from his contract. $13 million each of the next 3 years plus a $5 million roster bonus that was due soon.

I totally get it. But as a fan I'm hoping that money is used to pull someone else in. I imagine it will be.

You

Jul 1, 2010
Maybe Marcel Ozuna. Maybe Yonder Alonso. Inciarte, Duvall, and Markakis are 3 options for one OF spot right now, so shifting Ozuna (or one of them) would help there.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Except the Reds might have had a chance in the Central but I dont like their chances against the loaded Dodgers

I just enjoy seeing the Dodgers lose! They did win 106 games last season, which was disappointing to me.

The Brewers (89 W) would contend for their division, if they played in their "real" division. It is killing my wife that they aren't playing!

St Louis (91 W) is also looking good. They were first last season. The Slubs would battle it out with Pittsburgh for last place.

I got a lot of thumbs down on Yahoo for saying that the Cubs would be third place at best last season. They finished third at 84-78 with only 33 wins on the road, the worst of the 5 teams in their division. Only the Rockies (57 W) and Marlins (71 W) won fewer road games in the NL than the Cubs.

Last edited:
Reactions: PredsV82
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad