OT: The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
U-Verse added this channel last year but it wasn't on the package that I had. Well I haven't changed the package and now I have it but every time I go to the guide all it says is "Eleven Sports Network Programming" which doesn't really help because I don't constantly have this channel on.

Last year when I didn't get the channel but they had what was actually on they had some interesting things. I saw some Swedish Elite League hockey, indoor soccer etc.
I found a schedule/line up here
TV Schedule for Eleven Sports HD

Pluto listed what was on and coming up for the station in their guide but it was somewhat inaccurate. I think it must be related to time zone or maybe standard time because it seemed to be about an hour off. What it listed as playing now was already over even though their "how much of the show is left" indicator showed it was midway through that program. I actually clicked on a curling match but it had already ended. It didn't do that for other stations in the Pluto TV guide, they were accurate.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
I've never considered Calipari a great coach. He's a fantastic recruiter and a manager of sorts like an NBA coach.

This. He's a hell of salesman and can play up the getting kids to the NBA card. But if we are talking strictly his coaching ability, he's down the list.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Gutted by this. Really wish they had let Mac take over for the next few weeks after the LSU loss. Not blaming Saban or Tua but feel like this was inevitable for him and really would have preferred him to cash in as a high 1st rounder before it happened. I sure know I never would have sat out if I was in his shoes though. Just awful...

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Put that one on the coach. He's been injured most of the season and they didn't need him to beat Mississippi State. Just silly imo.

Easy to say this in hindsight. This was a fluke injury that could have happened to anyone at any time.
Now had it been the ankle again, sure you can throw all the blame on Saban.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Easy to say this in hindsight. This was a fluke injury that could have happened to anyone at any time.
Now had it been the ankle again, sure you can throw all the blame on Saban.
That ain't hindsight, I questioned the decision to play him at all before the game started. The only thing that can derail them was exactly what happened, now they are on the outside unless some other teams fall.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
In other news, Vandy is really, really bad. Would think they have to beat UT to save Masons job.
Ain’t happening UT will abuse them this year. The last 3 years have been fun for me but this team is a complete disaster. It’s painful to watch because I love Vandy.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Ain’t happening UT will abuse them this year. The last 3 years have been fun for me but this team is a complete disaster. It’s painful to watch because I love Vandy.
I suspect Vandy will get rid of their coach for the same reason Arkansas did. It's one thing to lose, it's another to see the product on the field not get better as the season goes on. I know for Arkansas that was the biggie. We knew going in it was going to be a rough year, but the play didn't improve at all and in some cases got worse.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I don't think Vandy cares about winning all that much honestly, the Johnson and Franklin years were an anomaly. But donors don't want to put any money into football and the BoT doesn't want to throw money at football either. They're happy just bringing in that SEC money, knowing that they'll never compete for a title, but academics is the primary concern there.

So I think it's doubtful that Mason is fired, but he probably won't be re-signed. And even then, unless they strike gold with an unknown name, the next coach won't be much better.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Vanderbilt is just not going to put forth the money and cut the corners institutionally to succeed big time in football. They want another coach like Bobby Johnson, not another James Franklin.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
How does Tua getting hurt change this? Even if he was healthy they still need the teams in front of the them to lose
The committee takes injuries into account when they do the rankings. So until the new QB shows something they will be placed behind several other teams.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Holy crap UT Martin almost gave up consecutive safeties to open the game against UK. 2nd one was actually a TD for UK.

If you still read here Fish, that's what you get for pounding my Racers earlier this year...:laugh:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Holy crap UT Martin almost gave up consecutive safeties to open the game against UK. 2nd one was actually a TD for UK.

If you still read here Fish, that's what you get for pounding my Racers earlier this year...:laugh:
Today's his birthday. Saw it on FB. Not sure how old he is now, but he'll always be in his 20's to me.

Also, Go VOLS. :)

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Titans tied for the last WC spot. Crazy to think they are in a better playoff position than the Preds...

And as an aside, wow the NFC is gonna have a couple of really good WC teams...

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Titans tied for the last WC spot. Crazy to think they are in a better playoff position than the Preds...

And as an aside, wow the NFC is gonna have a couple of really good WC teams...

We'll see how long it lasts. Their remaining schedule is brutal. It's too bad they couldn't avoid kicker issues that arguably lost them at least one game. Who knows how it might have been had they moved on from Marcus earlier.

Indy, Oakland, Houston 2x, and oh yeah New Orleans sandwiched in between the Houston games. Ouch.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
It's going to come down to the last week against Houston and the Titans will lose. Same shit different day.

They'll end up with a middle first round pick, only this year a top 5 talent like Jeffrey Simmons won't fall into their lap.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Been idly glancing over at the Virginia-Virginia Tech game now and again, and with the uniforms they're wearing, I keep accidentally thinking I'm watching the Iron Bowl a day early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad