OT: The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
OK, I watched 2 batters in the world series last night and had to turn it off because it took forever. God that game is so slow now. What happened? I think golf might feel faster than baseball at this point.

In some ways I think becoming a hockey fan kind of broke me on other sports.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
OK, I watched 2 batters in the world series last night and had to turn it off because it took forever. God that game is so slow now. What happened? I think golf might feel faster than baseball at this point.

I remember watching the world series and falling asleep between pitches.

I even have trouble watching college basketball anymore

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

I never was able to stay awake or engaged with baseball. Or basketball. I can do football more or less fine... well, until coaches start messing around with timeouts, at which point my brain starts going "UGH just move the **** on already".

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
When Nashville SC moves to MLS, what happens to the current players/coaches?

Is this going to be a brand new organization or all the same people (coaches, players, GM, etc.) just playing in a new league?

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Titans about to fire another kicker.

Succop: The Return

0 for 3

I wonder if he was fully healthy, or just rusty or what, but obviously shouldn't have come back this week. Either way, they lost by more than 9, and all three phases of the game were subpar.

I wouldn't care right now if Adams decided to clean house (I know she won't) from Robinson and Vrabel to all of the assistants (even Pees) and all of the pending free agents and release as many player as we can refill through the draft and free agency. Just get as much of the existing team out the door as possible as quickly as possible.

Otherwise I'm afraid that the never ending slow build just means whatever new coaches and players we bring in each year get infected by whatever stink this franchise seems to have since Steve and Eddie left.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I wonder if he was fully healthy, or just rusty or what, but obviously shouldn't have come back this week. Either way, they lost by more than 9, and all three phases of the game were subpar.

I wouldn't care right now if Adams decided to clean house (I know she won't) from Robinson and Vrabel to all of the assistants (even Pees) and all of the pending free agents and release as many player as we can refill through the draft and free agency. Just get as much of the existing team out the door as possible as quickly as possible.

Otherwise I'm afraid that the never ending slow build just means whatever new coaches and players we bring in each year get infected by whatever stink this franchise seems to have since Steve and Eddie left.
ive said this for years. the organization is poison from top to bottom. they have achieved nothing for the past decade except dwell in mediocrity for half the years and be downright awful the other half. all the while ruining their draft position on an annual basis.

the titans franchise should be thankful that the browns, bengals, bills, lions, ect exist. they really haven't got enough shit over the years. the fans still show up though. 1 year of missing the playoffs and the preds would be in the bottom 8 in the NHL in attendance. Middle Tennessee sports fan have to be some of the most ignorant in the country.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
When Nashville SC moves to MLS, what happens to the current players/coaches?

Is this going to be a brand new organization or all the same people (coaches, players, GM, etc.) just playing in a new league?

Not 100% sure of how all the ins and outs work, but the current Nashville SC will probably still exist in some capacity as an affiliation of the MLS team.

Reactions: sparkle twin

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Not 100% sure of how all the ins and outs work, but the current Nashville SC will probably still exist in some capacity as an affiliation of the MLS team.
As far as I know the current franchise is the one jumping to MLS. The roster will look different other than 3 or 4 players but the name etc will go with the MLS team.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
As far as I know the current franchise is the one jumping to MLS. The roster will look different other than 3 or 4 players but the name etc will go with the MLS team.

Yes, the MLS team will be Nashville SC. The current USL Nashville SC would become Nashville SC 2.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I don't think so. I haven't heard anything about a 2nd club.
I hadn't either. I don't think the fan base would support 2 teams yet, particularly with one costing a fair amount more than the other one. They need the MLS team to be the only option for awhile to make it work longterm.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Oh my G-d, they got it right. Clemson on the outside looking in for the first CFB playoff ranking.

Next to that, getting OSU in #1 is just icing on the cake. I mean, we'll promptly lose it to whichever of LSU or Bama wins on Saturday anyways, I'm sure. But thank G-d the actual decision makers are looking at teams as they are this season.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Oh my G-d, they got it right. Clemson on the outside looking in for the first CFB playoff ranking.

Next to that, getting OSU in #1 is just icing on the cake. I mean, we'll promptly lose it to whichever of LSU or Bama wins on Saturday anyways, I'm sure. But thank G-d the actual decision makers are looking at teams as they are this season.

LSU v BAMA, PAC-(whatever # they are at) championship, B1G championship, OSU v Mich, ACC championship. This will be a hawl and a half.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
The new 3 point line in college basketball is continuing a trend to make them no different than NBA. The stupid “flagrant fouls” and now the outside the range 3 point line is going to make it as boring as the NBA. Next they will have 4 qtrs (women already do) instead of 2 halves. I used to love college basketball but now it’s not entertaining.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Basketball of any kind hasn't been enjoyable for me to watch in a very long time. Baseball turned into the same mess when they stopped using a whole lot of strategy and just started swinging away because " metrics " told them that was the higher percentage play.

Reactions: Gnashville

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
...It's times like this that turn me into a raving paranoid lunatic with a persecution complex. I know this. I should be quiet about it. But SERIOUSLY COME ON NOW WHAT THE ACTUAL f*** NCAA

I mean, it was absurd enough when it was Clinton-Dix, but that at least had the thin excuse of the loan coming from a coach, so you could kinda sorta maybe if-you-really-reach semi-justify NCAA getting its claws in, even if two games was a ludicrously high penalty for being lent roughly what we spend on groceries in a given month. But from someone completely unconnected to the program and known by Young before commitment to the said program was a thing? Really? Really?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yeah that's bull cause the kid was in high school when any help was given.

Hate to tell you but if that breaks the rules you got a women's coach at MTSU that did some serious rule breaking in his high school tennure.

Reactions: Legionnaire11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->