The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Mariota is like a pitcher with a no hitter trailing 2-0 because his defense has 8 errors and his offense has stranded 6 base runners at 3rd

FYI: I take back every bad thing I said about him, he is not the problem with this team at all.

Mariota will light it up like tonight then will absolutely suck the next week. He, and his team are the very definition of inconsistency. When they give him that monster contract this offseason, be prepared for many more years of it. Titans gonna titan. Never changes.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Mariota will light it up like tonight then will absolutely suck the next week. He, and his team are the very definition of inconsistency. When they give him that monster contract this offseason, be prepared for many more years of it. Titans gonna titan. Never changes.
That's fine but his performance tonight should've resulted in a win

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
That's fine but his performance tonight should've resulted in a win

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I'm honestly not sure I knew this was possible
What me changing my mind?
I said last season I didn’t know if it was Mariota or the coaching/play calling now I know it is the play calling and Offensive line.
Until tonight I thought Shurmur vs UT was the best QB performances I would witness in a lone time.

22/23 302 and 2 TD’s that’s Madden Numbers on easy mode. Every throw was on the money tonight. He’s proving me wrong I admit it.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
a lot of check downs. the offensive line sucks. it's always something. titans will be mediocre till i die.

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
Vrabel has the opportunity now to see if his first year as head coach has taught him anything. If he fires the Offensive coordinator and Offensive line coach he will have learned a valuable lesson. He can't do anything about the GM who has made horrible draft picks and given outlandish contracts to players who absolutely don't deserve them judging by their mediocre play. I have no idea why a 240 pound Heisman trophy running back is utilized so poorly. Of course I'm probably not qualified to comment as I find it too frustrating to watch a complete Titans game.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
the failing of the run blocking and the running backs to generate any consistent, dangerous running game has crushed this team. having no running game has in effect almost killed mariotta's strength, play action passing. walker's loss was a further disaster to any play action and then ability to make the tough over the middle passes needed.

the team is built totally to be a grind it out, strong defensive team. when the defense fails the offense cann't compensate. when the running game fails the offense fails. it's a vicious cycle.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
You can place blame on Marcus for a sack or two last night but that's about it. That one was a gem as far as him actually throwing the ball. He had a few absolute dimes and some beautiful intermediate throws to the sidelines that he has always struggled with.

Reactions: Gnashville

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I did not attend because I was lazy in school and had bad grades so I couldn't get in BUT, this year's winner for the 2018 "America Loves Us Because We Knocked Ohio State Out Of The Playoff Picture" award goes to my family school of Purdue.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
So who is Alabama playing in the championship game? I can't see Oklahoma getting it done.
same thing that was said about georgia..

clemson will destroy notre dame the same way bama did in the national championship in 2012 against notre dame and manti t'eo's invisible girlfriend

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
same thing that was said about georgia..

clemson will destroy notre dame the same way bama did in the national championship in 2012 against notre dame and manti t'eo's invisible girlfriend
I figured Georgia would give them a tough game, and that's mostly what I heard from those I'm around.

I wouldn't hand Clemson anything, frankly I'm not sure they are that good, they haven't really played anyone. The ACC was pretty bad across the board this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad