OT: The Other Sports Thread Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Not sure whats so funny lol, When Tatis wins a NLCS MVP AND a World Series MVP we can talk lol

But at worst they are the same player, 6"3 and 6"4 shortstops with .300 avg and 30 home run potential
The dream player, hell even Lindor has Three 30+ hr seasons so he's in the mix too

I cant just give the edge to Tatis just because he's "flashy" and exuberant lol, hell of a player tho, will be paying close attention to his season too
The Dodgers are (were? I hope) a better team than the Padres, but Tatis is a franchise player. Not taking anything away from Seager.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
The Dodgers are (were? I hope) a better team than the Padres, but Tatis is a franchise player. Not taking anything away from Seager.

Cannot wait for another playoff series between these 2 teams (hopefully NLCS this time)
Wont even be mad if the Padres win, love what they got going down there right now, its too bad clevinger had tommy john or else the pitching staffs might even be equal (but between you and me, kershaw is "washed" anyway, but had a great career still)
So itll be interesting!

Wonder who comes outta the AL too, I dont think the yanks have it this year either, thank god

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Yesterday was a horrible day for sports for me.

Starts off with the Jets trading Darnold. I knew it was going to happen, and it's the right move (and they got a good return) but it just sucks seeing how poorly he was developed by the Jets hiring such a horrible coach in Adam Gase. Hopefully Wilson (or Fields) perform for the Jets.

And then the two Habs injuries.

Followed by Fernando Tatis Jr. injuring his shoulder. MRI is coming today to know how long he'll be out for, but I expect it to be a few months at least.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Yesterday was a horrible day for sports for me.

Starts off with the Jets trading Darnold. I knew it was going to happen, and it's the right move (and they got a good return) but it just sucks seeing how poorly he was developed by the Jets hiring such a horrible coach in Adam Gase. Hopefully Wilson (or Fields) perform for the Jets.

And then the two Habs injuries.

Followed by Fernando Tatis Jr. injuring his shoulder. MRI is coming today to know how long he'll be out for, but I expect it to be a few months at least.

They were saying how long Tatis shoulder had been bothering him too since minor leagues even, it's weird seeing a guy pop out his shoulder on a swing and miss.. hope hes not out too long

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Sure hope this years is more riveting than the last one

upload_2021-4-7_10-51-26.jpeg

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Hire a driver, for crying out loud. You have the money, man.
Should be banned from ever getting behind a wheel again but police won’t even charge him when now they have proof and never even tested him after the crash. Hopefully his legs are too f***ed up to drive again maybe

Reactions: angusyoung

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I've lost a lot of interest in the Olympics and most amateur sports due to cheating and drugs, however, this issue is going to come to a head -- trans athletes are killing it in track and field competing against girls in high schools while not able to post high finishes if they were to compete against boys.

What's the solution? Do they get their own separate competitions and categories?

Reactions: angusyoung

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
How does a person fall asleep at 7 in the morning apparently clean and sober? and not remember anything:huh:

Lol he didnt fall asleep and THEN crash.. he went too fast, on a turn thats known for car wrecks and the thing toppled over and when he hit a tree he got knocked OUT cold ... thats how he "fell asleep".. lucky he didnt flat out die

not defending him by any means, he might of even been checking something on his phone or something .. but people looking too hard for impairment need to calm down a little, car wrecks happen without drugs and alcohol too unfortunately

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Lol he didnt fall asleep and THEN crash.. he went too fast, on a turn thats known for car wrecks and the thing toppled over and when he hit a tree he got knocked OUT cold ... thats how he "fell asleep".. lucky he didnt flat out die

not defending him by any means, he might of even been checking something on his phone or something .. but people looking too hard for impairment need to calm down a little, car wrecks happen without drugs and alcohol too unfortunately

He claims he doesn't remember anything,come on! what the hell is that? and driving at 80 mph!!! not 80 kph on a blvd! karma.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I've lost a lot of interest in the Olympics and most amateur sports due to cheating and drugs, however, this issue is going to come to a head -- trans athletes are killing it in track and field competing against girls in high schools while not able to post high finishes if they were to compete against boys.

What's the solution? Do they get their own separate competitions and categories?

upload_2021-4-11_8-47-23.jpeg

Reactions: Runner77

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Winning Masters then carrying the Green Jacket at an airport like it's no big deal and flying commercial.

Already a legend.

Can't wait to see what he selects for the dinner next time,hope he picks something quintessential Japanese and see all those faces gasp:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->