OT: The Other Sports Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
13 members of the Cardinals have tested positive so far. Their series against the Tigers has been postponed.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
No CFL season of any sort this year. Couldn't secure any federal funding.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Yet they've been active for over 100 years?

The CFL came begging first for 150M and then for 30M (interest free :laugh:) of federal money, yet couldn't even show how that money was going to be distributed to the league's short/long term benefit. There was no business plan in place. They had to be turned down and that's on the league's executives and on them only.

Last edited:

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Padres' Fernando Tatis Jr. criticized for grand slam on 3-0 count vs. Rangers - Sportsnet.ca

This story is so ridiculous. Imagine criticizing a baseball player for playing baseball? Lol

Also, Tatis Jr. is the best player in baseball this year.
Unwritten rule about not running the score.

I get it, in lower leagues. But these are professional players, playing in the top league. Every homer and RBI is a higher number on your paycheque.

Good on Tatis Jr. 3-0, let the pitcher throw a middle fastball, my ass.

Reactions: Le Tricolore

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Unwritten rule about not running the score.

I get it, in lower leagues. But these are professional players, playing in the top league. Every homer and RBI is a higher number on your paycheque.

Good on Tatis Jr. 3-0, let the pitcher throw a middle fastball, my ass.
The people complaining are the same people that would be complaining if Tatis hit a grounder and lazily ran to first and was thrown out.

Reactions: PhysicX

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
The people complaining are the same people that would be complaining if Tatis hit a grounder and lazily ran to first and was thrown out.
To me, an unwritten rule in baseball is not sending your runner to steal a base when you're up by a lot. I respect and agree with it. You show respect, and you wouldn't want that to be done to you.

But there should be no unwritten rule when it comes to hitting. No freebies and free strikes. Pitcher's fault if the count is 3-0.

That's what I believe.

Reactions: Le Tricolore

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I was secretly hoping the 76ers can somehow upset the Celtics so that the Raptors could face them in the next round. But this PHI team is dysfunctional beyond belief. Missing Simmons doesn't help. The way they're playing in the second quarter right now.... :facepalm:

I've no doubt MIL is going to prevail over ORL, so the second round of the NBA playoffs is probably going go to as planned with TOR vs BOS and MIL vs MIA/IND (I think it's going to be MIA).

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
2 positive COVID-19 tests among the Mets. Today's game of theirs vs the Marlins has been postponed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad