OT: The Other Sports Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Reportedly it is two Cardinals members that have tested positive as of now.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
How they ever thought that was going to work without being in a bubble is beyond me

mind blowing they thought they could pull this off without bubble IN the states no less

They absolutely are not finishing the season, its amazing they even got off the ground at all

Meanwhile, there are a bit of ACTUAL FANS in the stands of the PSG vs Lyon game, its quite the sight to see but will have to see what the aftermath is with that afterwards

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't know if it's an MLB problem or the fact they travel and not in a bubble that is the issue. Or maybe a combination of both.

Because bubbles work. NHL and NBA with zero positives. MLS was off to rocky start with Dallas and Nashville. But since then, zero positives in their tournament.

All three leagues in a bubble.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
"We are playing," Manfred told Ravech. "The players need to be better, but I am not a quitter in general and there is no reason to quit now. We have had to be fluid, but it is manageable."

The number of the Cardinals personnel tested positive is up to 6.

Lorenzo Cain of the Brewers has just opted out of continuing to play for the remainder of this MLB season.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don't know if it's an MLB problem or the fact they travel and not in a bubble that is the issue. Or maybe a combination of both.

Because bubbles work. NHL and NBA with zero positives. MLS was off to rocky start with Dallas and Nashville. But since then, zero positives in their tournament.

All three leagues in a bubble.

The nhl and nba were a bit fortunate that their seasons were almost done, and that they could finish it off in a 2 month bubble, and probably recoup most of their TV revenue.

I know MLB did cut their season this year, but I can't remember the details. Perhaps it's time to start looking at a reset, with bubble locations, and come back with a round robin/tournament setting which can get the WS awarded in a reasonable time.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
The MLB is a trainwreck right now, very sad for baseball fans. For a major sports league, they look very bad right now.

In other sports news, the end of the British GP was completely nuts with punctures left and right. For the next race on the same circuit next week, F1 tire supplier Pirelli had initially planned to bring an even softer compound. Guess they'll have to change their plans. It made for an exciting end of the race though, but not very good for safety and a pretty bad ad for Pirelli. Nothing will beat the hit on Michelin's reputation after the 2005 US GP though!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So the Phillies had to sit for over a week of no games, then have to face Cole and a red hot Judge and then tomorrow's game will likely be canceled due to the Hurricane. What a f***ing year. :mad:

Reactions: groovejuice

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
So the Phillies had to sit for over a week of no games, then have to face Cole and a red hot Judge and then tomorrow's game will likely be canceled due to the Hurricane. What a f***ing year. :mad:
My advise would be to just pitch around Judge entirely. Everything he touches goes out right now.

Reactions: montreal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad