OT: The Other Sports Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Joey Bosa inked a nice 5y deal worth 135M (102M guaranteed which is a record at his position I believe).

And his younger brother Nick is better IMO. Can only imagine the kinda coin he's going to get in a few years.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Joey Bosa inked a nice 5y deal worth 135M (102M guaranteed which is a record at his position I believe).

And his younger brother Nick is better IMO. Can only imagine the kinda coin he's going to get in a few years.
Nick is 100% better. The niners are gonna have to pony up some serious money if they want to lock him up for 5 years like that.

Reactions: GoodKiwi

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Alright, I think Montreal will get a new MLB team in the next round of expansion.

But Olympic Stadium is not suitable anymore.

The best course would be to demolish it and build a brand new ballpark (with a retractable roof of course) on its site.
They definitely cannot use the same area for the ballpark. It's terribly out of the way and the downtown crowd would not want to go over there. The stadium needs to be as close to downtown as possible.

Reactions: DavePeak

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Watching MLB with sound effects is annoying and awkward
Weirdly enough, I've gotten used to that and the cardboard spectators pretty quick. I'm watching the Dodgers vs Astros game tonight and it hasn't impacted my enjoyment at all. I guess I'm just really happy-go-lucky by nature :laugh: Baseball has a pretty relaxed atmosphere and pace in general to begin with, maybe I'm just used to tuning the crowd out completely in my brain.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhysicX

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Weirdly enough, I've gotten used to that and the cardboard spectators pretty quick. I'm watching the Dodgers vs Astros game tonight and it hasn't impacted my enjoyment at all. I guess I'm just really happy-go-lucky by nature :laugh: Baseball has a pretty relaxed atmosphere and pace in general to begin with, maybe I'm just used to tuning the crowd out completely in my brain.
I agree. It's hardly even noticeable until they do the long shots of an empty stadium, IMO.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I agree. It's hardly even noticeable until they do the long shots of an empty stadium, IMO.
I'm just so happy I get to watch baseball again that I'm willing to deal with more aggravation than I probably would otherwise TBH. The DH in the National league thing is way more of an irritant for me , It'll take a while before I'm used to that !

Reactions: Le Tricolore

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It's going to be very interesting to see how MLB handles this situation, especially if the marlins players did go to a strip club. How do they punish that?

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I'm just so happy I get to watch baseball again that I'm willing to deal with more aggravation than I probably would otherwise TBH. The DH in the National league thing is way more of an irritant for me , It'll take a while before I'm used to that !
Thankfully that's just for this year (which obviously could change).

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Thankfully that's just for this year (which obviously could change).
NL DH is here to stay. Not in 2021, but thereafter. It is going to be a part of the new CBA. It's a win-win for both the players and the owners, so it'll be agreed on easily.

It's a good thing IMO. No one should want to watch pitchers swing a bat.

The only people that are going to be upset by this are the traditionalists. Too bad for them.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Never liked "location" pitchers, never will. Give me a starter with a 95mph+ heater and a wipe-out slider over someone with 4 pitches and a fastball maxing out at 90mph.

Ryu is continuing to crap the bed in his second start for the Jays. When your 80M "ace" can't throw his best pitch effectively for over 8 innings so far, it doesn't bode well for the team.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

I was watching that game too in 9th inning but at the same time.. maybe it would be weirder with total silence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->