OT: The Other Sports Thread Part X - MLB back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
What is going on with Brady the last 3+ games feels like exactly what happened to P. Manning when he "lost it" in the middle of a season for no apparent reason.

Could this be the end of the GOAT? :scared:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
How good are the Raps? What a slick ass team.
Especially when you consider that of the 10 games Lowry/Ibaka have missed the Raptors won 8.

All of their 4 losses came on the road against very good teams - @BOS, @MIL, @LAC, @DAL

Everyone is marvelling at Spicy P this season (and rightfully so), but FVV has been eve more impressive to me so far.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Especially when you consider that of the 10 games Lowry/Ibaka have missed the Raptors won 8.

All of their 4 losses came on the road against very good teams - @BOS, @MIL, @LAC, @DAL

Everyone is marvelling at Spicy P this season (and rightfully so), but FVV has been eve more impressive to me so far.

Gasol has been masterful. Defensively he has to be the best 5 in the game, right now.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
What is going on with Brady the last 3+ games feels like exactly what happened to P. Manning when he "lost it" in the middle of a season for no apparent reason.

Could this be the end of the GOAT? :scared:

He is 42. Age doesn't spare anybody. After 40 it can go downhill very quickly at anytime.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Just tuned into the DAL@CHI game. Has anyone seen the 1st half? If so, how did it unfold?

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Just tuned into the DAL@CHI game. Has anyone seen the 1st half? If so, how did it unfold?

I just started streaming it on Amazon Prime. Never knew about their deal for TNF. I can change the broadcasters, right now I have Storm and Kremer, but you get all the stats, averages, etc all on screen which is nice. Stream quality is excellent too.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I just started streaming it on Amazon Prime. Never knew about their deal for TNF. I can change the broadcasters, right now I have Storm and Kremer, but you get all the stats, averages, etc all on screen which is nice. Stream quality is excellent too.
Yeah, Amazon is in the 2nd year of their TNF deal with the NFL I believe.

P.S. That's where I'm watching the game as well.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Yeah, Amazon is in the 2nd year of their TNF deal with the NFL I believe.

P.S. That's where I'm watching the game as well.

It’ll be interesting if it gets expanded in the future. That could be a huge opportunity for Amazon and major sports leagues.

Trubisky and the Bears are slicing through the Cowboys defense. And I only started watching near the end of the first half :laugh:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
It’ll be interesting if it gets expanded in the future. That could be a huge opportunity for Amazon and major sports leagues.

Trubisky and the Bears are slicing through the Cowboys defense. And I only started watching near the end of the first half :laugh:
We'll see come 2023 as that's when the current ESPN/NBC/CBS/FOX contracts expire. I don't know if Amazon or any other streaming network is going to be willing to spend the coin to secure any major NFL rights though.

For example, Amazon paid 65M for 2 years of TNF (not exclusive rights). ESPN alone paid 1.75B for 3 years of MNF.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
We're into week 14 and all teams in the NFC Least are under .500. :laugh:

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Damn... Trubisky makes a risky throw to Robinson who gets the first down. Then Mitch punches it in on the next play. The Bears are giving the Cowboys a spanking :laugh:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
The ironic thing about this game is that it is basically meaningless for both teams. CHI has no chance at making the playoffs given their brutal remaining schedule and DAL still has the upper hand to win the NFC East.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
The ironic thing about this game is that it is basically meaningless for both teams. CHI has no chance at making the playoffs given their brutal remaining schedule and DAL still has the upper hand to win the NFC East.

And people complain about the CFL playoffs :sarcasm:

It’s hilarious that the Cowboys still have a chance to make it being 6-7.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
And people complain about the CFL playoffs :sarcasm:

It’s hilarious that the Cowboys still have a chance to make it being 6-7.

The crazy thing their probability of making the playoffs before last night's loss was at 76%. With the loss it is only down to 71%.

:laugh:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Party time in Nawleans. Defense took a holiday. Lots of razzle dazzle by the 49ers who lead 28-27 at the half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->