OT: The Other Sports Thread Part X - MLB back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Boring game but it was a great 4th quarter. That massive 30+ something yard play was absolutely huge. Mahones needed to do somethg there and he delivered.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Credit to the Chiefs, even though I was rooting for SF. 50 years is a long drought, so glad they won in that respect.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Well, it was leaked Mahomes has been mulling over a 40M per year contract offer on the table. Doubt he'll want to take a large home town discount. Not too many QB's, other than Brady have done that historically.

And none of them will win as much as him if they don't.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
And none of them will win as much as him if they don't.
I agree, their teams' chances of remaining contenders diminish greatly unless the young and talented QBs start taking home town discounts.

But even if they do take them, in a league as competitive as the NFL to form a dynasty like NE has done is nearly impossible. I'm one of those who believes that level of success for such a prolonged period of time will never be repeated by an NFL franchise ever again.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
This feels really good. Went from sports fan purgatory to a lot of fun over the last year with the Raptors and now my beloved Chiefs!

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
This feels really good. Went from sports fan purgatory to a lot of fun over the last year with the Raptors and now my beloved Chiefs!
Enjoy it man!

There's no better feeling as a sports fan when your team wins a SB! The most difficult trophy to win in all of major professional sports IMO. You never know if you'll have another chance to celebrate one again.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
I agree, their teams' chances of remaining contenders diminish greatly unless the young and talented QBs start taking home town discounts.

But even if they do take them, in a league as competitive as the NFL to form a dynasty like NE has done is nearly impossible. I'm one of those who believes that level of success for such a prolonged period of time will never be repeated by an NFL franchise ever again.

Agree. To be in one Super Bowl is already tough enough. Nine times in 18 seasons is just ridiculous.

Reactions: GoodKiwi

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Enjoy it man!

There's no better feeling as a sports fan when your team wins a SB! The most difficult trophy to win in all of major professional sports IMO. You never know if you'll have another chance to celebrate one again.

You have to think Mahomes wins another, if not multiple. But who knows, it might not happen again. I'm definitely interested to see what his contract looks like; apparently there's a 40M/yr long term deal on the table that he's mulling over.

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
why is everyone going crazy in qc over LDT?

who the **** cares

Why not???? He's a local boy, McGill (medical school) alumni plus his parents have one of the best bakeries in town making some of the best bread. First QC born to win a Super Bowl, it's a big deal for a reason.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Credit to the Chiefs, even though I was rooting for SF. 50 years is a long drought, so glad they won in that respect.

50 years is a long time, and the chiefs did have some pretty good teams at least when I used to pay more attention to the league.

From the era I watched, they usually struck me as a competitive, and well run organization, but just short of super bowl material. Maybe the San Jose sharks of the nfl in some ways.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Why not???? He's a local boy, McGill (medical school) alumni plus his parents have one of the best bakeries in town making some of the best bread. First QC born to win a Super Bowl, it's a big deal for a reason.
yeah didnt realize all this before

its all good, i approve

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
50 years is a long time, and the chiefs did have some pretty good teams at least when I used to pay more attention to the league.

From the era I watched, they usually struck me as a competitive, and well run organization, but just short of super bowl material. Maybe the San Jose sharks of the nfl in some ways.

They were a half decent defense away from Superbowl wins in the early 2000's. They had the best Oline in the league and probably top 5-10 ever, and a great running back and HOF TE. Trent Green was serviceable for what they were doing. But the defense let them down. Oh, and that f***ing goddamn kicker! Yeah, I know that was 1995 but still. f***ing Lin Elliot.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Sources: Red Sox trading Betts, Price to Dodgers
This is pretty huge all around, Betts is one of the best five-tool players in the whole league. The Dodgers are ridiculously stacked and they didn't even have to put Gavin Lux ( their top prospect) into the deal. This potentially opens up the Al-East as well, although the BoSox stil have a potent lineup.

Last edited:

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
@Habs I heard there was 50+ cm at Apex today. Hope you got some of that!!! Talk about deep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->