OT: The Other Sports Thread IX - Go Astros go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
I'm a Dallas fan and admit Witten was terrible and I'm happy to have him back on the field.

But Booger is terrible and nobody talks about him.

He's genuinely atrocious as a commentary guy, but he was a pretty great tight end in his prime and he is still pretty good despite his advanced age for the NFL.

I swear, nowhere else than in sports will a guy that's 37-38 be considered ''old''. A politician of the same age is considered virtually as a child and inexperienced as ****. Anyways, it really makes you feel your age when you remember a guy when he was first drafted and then see him begin to close in on the end of his career. It's kinda bittersweet actually, not a bad feeling at all.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
He's genuinely atrocious as a commentary guy, but he was a pretty great tight end in his prime and he is still pretty good despite his advanced age for the NFL.

I swear, nowhere else than in sports will a guy that's 37-38 be considered ''old''. A politician of the same age is considered virtually as a child and inexperienced as ****. Anyways, it really makes you feel your age when you remember a guy when he was first drafted and then see him begin to close in on the end of his career. It's kinda bittersweet actually, not a bad feeling at all.

He may be a first ballot Hall of Famer which is something for a TE. One of my all time favourites, a great blocker as well as receiver.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Anyone watching Dallas - Green Bay? They just showed a Dallas player, #77 I think, on the sidelines, he looks like he escaped from the local zoo. It's all in jest, but I burst out laughing.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Mahomes is not from this planet. :laugh:
Easily the player that is most worthy of watching. Unfortunately we don't see him much in the west. Russell Wilson is fun as well, especially if the Hawks are behind. They seem to rein him in if the game is in hand. Chris Carson is fun to watch work too.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I wish I could find a service that only showed KC while they have the ball.

Their defence is painful to watch. Was their off-season plan to get worse at tackling? If so, Reid must be proud of the accomplishment.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
KC is the only team outside of my Packers I go out of my way to watch . Even on a night where everything isn't 100% working like tonight, that offense is just so much fun.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I wish I could find a service that only showed KC while they have the ball.

Their defence is painful to watch. Was their off-season plan to get worse at tackling? If so, Reid must be proud of the accomplishment.
That second half was horrendous for KC. Still a long way from the SB.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Browns are receiving an ass whopping.

Same as week 1. I'm still not convinced about their mental toughness as well as their work ethic and dedication to winning, something that no amount of talent can tide over. Their defense is not that good too and Mayfield throws more dangerous passes sober than a lot of QBs would throw even while being drunk. Their run offense also isn't that good. Those facts as a whole mean that you've got a paper tiger pretender of a team instead of a true contender on your hands.

I don't care about the Nats but please Scherzer deliver us from the Dodgers

I much prefer the Dodgers to the Nationals so I hope Scherzer implodes for 8 runs in his first inning. Heck, I'll cheer for a Boston-based team before I ever cheer for the Nationals, that's how salty I am about losing the Expos.

Reactions: Canadiens Ghost

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I much prefer the Dodgers to the Nationals so I hope Scherzer implodes for 8 runs in his first inning. Heck, I'll cheer for a Boston-based team before I ever cheer for the Nationals, that's how salty I am about losing the Expos.

Again, I still don't understand that mentality

Washington didn't steal the expos, just like we won't steal whoever moves here, we're just first in line...

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Again, I still don't understand that mentality

Washington didn't steal the expos, just like we won't steal whoever moves here, we're just first in line...

They didn't ''steal'' the Expos, they're a living reminder of the fact that despite some pretty strong crowds in the 2000s our owner was too cheap to keep the Expos in Montreal, which I don't really like being flaunted in my face at every opportunity.

I'm not a diehard baseball fan by any stretch of the imagination but a day where I don't see the Nationals is a pretty average day for me, a good one.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
They didn't ''steal'' the Expos, they're a living reminder of the fact that despite some pretty strong crowds in the 2000s our owner was too cheap to keep the Expos in Montreal, which I don't really like being flaunted in my face at every opportunity.

I'm not a diehard baseball fan by any stretch of the imagination but a day where I don't see the Nationals is a pretty average day for me, a good one.

even with the explanation I still don't get it :laugh:

the team itself has literally nothing to do with what happened, by that logic literally anything in Montreal is gonna trigger you, you can see the darn stadium from like... everywhere. Do you also refuse to go anywhere near metro pie-ix?
:laugh:

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Canada gave up three tries to the Springboks in the first ten minutes today.

It was never going to be a close game but quite possibly our most embarassing effort ever in the World Cup. Ending the first half with a brain dead intercept try summed it all up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad