OT: The Other Sports Thread IX - Go Astros go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I think kwahi already knows what he wants to do, and I just don't see Toronto as part of the picture.

It just feels like whatever unfinished business he had in TO was all accomplished in one season.

Clippers seem like a pretty logical destination. I'd be really surprised to see him back in Toronto.
And i fully disagree with you. I feel his decision is to stay, but he did not want the championship day to become about him, he is a team guy first.
I would be very surprised if does not stay

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
Seems we are in agreement.
Fun fact: I work with milk crates, lots of them. When I see some of them arranged black-yellow-black in my stash I can’t think of anything else until I rearrange them. Doesn’t work with the figs since there ain´t no white ones. True story.

Reactions: coolasprICE

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Support or Cheer for the Raptors ( or Jays ).. I'm actually very upset they won, I was cheering on GS.

If they ever get an NFL team I won't be able to cheer for them either.

I can not support anything Toronto.

I can't be the only one that feels this way... Right?

ps: I even live in Toronto since 2017 andwhen I go to the Jays game I cheer for the opposition.
Nah...this ain't it man

Reactions: kgboomer

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
Lots of Leafs fans couldn't care less about the Raptors, and I couldn't care less about the Leafs. I've been a Habs fan for close of 60 years.

But at the end of the day, it's just sports and a business. Even most of the players think that. If you didn't get that, there was a strike and several long lockout where players stayed out for the best deal they could get.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Support or Cheer for the Raptors ( or Jays ).. I'm actually very upset they won, I was cheering on GS.

If they ever get an NFL team I won't be able to cheer for them either.

I can not support anything Toronto.

I can't be the only one that feels this way... Right?

ps: I even live in Toronto since 2017 andwhen I go to the Jays game I cheer for the opposition.
You hate the city more than the Leafs. Raptors winning been beyond trilling for the country. When Jay's won back to back, it was awesome for me

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I was never able to cheer for the Jays because of their vote for both the relocation and contraction of the Expos, plus all the shenanigans that Paul Beeston pulled with that used car salesman scum commissioner at the time, where they did everything to deny all the broadcasting rights the Expos had grandfathered across the ROC. I agree that sports should not determine whether one loves or hates a city. I just never had an affinity for a Toronto sports team.

The only exception has been the Raptors and I was late to the party. The more I watched the more I understood why they were special. Their coach Nick Nurse exhibited those values that I feel embody Canada. He comes across as humble, respectful and quietly effective. His demeanor during games was telling as was the way he took time to salute all the fans that greeted him upon landing in Toronto.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Huge raptors fan
Baseball is trash idc
So is MLS
CFL we dont even talk about it

In hockey the rivality is there but its been so long since habs played Toronto in playoffs

Thats why i hate Boston more , we played Boston way more often in playoffs. f***ing happy when STL won that cup
f*** the bruins , Dirty ass team whos diving and whining on refs everygames

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I thought it was all peaceful. Oh well, there's idiots everywhere I guess. :laugh: I'd hate to see if it was the other cup TO had won.
All things considered it was pretty good. Shooting was unrelated, only a single cop car and one of the bus stop was trashed due to drink people dancing on it lol. Too bad about the shooting at the parade. Everything was going so well until those clowns did that. Hopefully they rot in jail

Darz

Sep 22, 2002
Where's the ANY key?
Visit site
I hate the Leafs as much as any Canadiens fan, but I did enjoy watching the Raptors play and win the championship.
I also enjoyed the Raptors winning knocked the Leafs down a bit (everyone talking Raptors, no one talking Leafs, etc)

Reactions: phillytennis

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I hate the Leafs, hate the Jays, and couldn’t really get on board with the Raptors.

Funny thing is, I love visiting the city. A long weekend in summer or fall, it’s great. I just don’t want their teams to prosper.

I do like the point above that the Raptors took the spotlight away from the Leafs, and I guess possibly put more pressure on them.

The Raptors had several annoying bandwagon fans, but that happens in any city.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Lol never in the history of sports has such a deal ever existed lol... I mean there's "sign and trade" and then theres that, and I cant imagine anybody ever going "look, we'll sign you for 5, but trade you in 3..." why even sign for 5 then lol..

To get the extra 40 million.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Lol never in the history of sports has such a deal ever existed lol... I mean there's "sign and trade" and then theres that, and I cant imagine anybody ever going "look, we'll sign you for 5, but trade you in 3..." why even sign for 5 then lol..
It would't surprise me if there was such clause with all the exceptions regarding the salary cap. Soo many it's confusing lol

Reactions: Redux91

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Edwin Encarnación with a homer in his first game with the Yankees. With Judge and Stanton returning soon from long term injury, that kind of power at the plate will be extraordinary.

He was 0/4 his first game as a Yankee actually.
However as a Red Sox fan...im not thrilled with judge and stanton coming back

Reactions: groovejuice

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Edwin Encarnación with a homer in his first game with the Yankees. With Judge and Stanton returning soon from long term injury, that kind of power at the plate will be extraordinary.

It’s just sad that with the excitement of the Jays up-and-comers, they’re met with both potential homegrown NYY legends AND the usual added muscle that the Yankees can add. Same with the Sox. TOR needs to bite the bullet and get moved to the AL central

Reactions: groovejuice

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
He was 0/4 his first game as a Yankee actually.
However as a Red Sox fan...im not thrilled with judge and stanton coming back

I didn't see his name in the lineup for that game and assumed he didn't play.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the Yankees just yet as their starters aren't tearing it up. I'd be more worried about the Astros and possibly the Twins.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->