OT: The Other Sports Thread IX - Go Astros go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'm kind of leaning towards Kawhi signing a super max for 5 years with the promise that if he wants, he will be traded to LA in 2-3 years.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I'm kind of leaning towards Kawhi signing a super max for 5 years with the promise that if he wants, he will be traded to LA in 2-3 years.
He can't sign a super max with Toronto as he didn't play there on his rookie deal.

But, sure, a 5 year contract would be most preferred by the Raptors and their fans. Not so sure Kawhi is going to go for it, but I'd be happy if he did.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
He can't sign a super max with Toronto as he didn't play here on his rookie deal.

But, sure, a 5 year contract would be most preferred by the Raptors and their fans. Not so sure Kawhi is going to go for it, but I'd be happy if he did.

190M over 5, is what I meant. Max contract available to him as a free agent.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Its funny, its like...the whole country unified for this... and we're not even the country that has been on hard times for the past 5-6 years...

I almost feel bad for the Americans lol, they need something like THIS to unify the whole country,

We just did it, and we didnt even need it lmao.

Last edited:
Reactions: sandviper

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Lol never in the history of sports has such a deal ever existed lol... I mean there's "sign and trade" and then theres that, and I cant imagine anybody ever going "look, we'll sign you for 5, but trade you in 3..." why even sign for 5 then lol..

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Anyone go to the parade? Swear to god the pos who let off shots is an absolute embarrassment to humanity.

I was in the Eaton Centre when that **** happened and thought freaking ISIS was attacking cause of how many random stampedes ensued.

Gonna steer clear from crowds like this from now on, not worth it at all. Never been involved in anything like that but it was legit terrifying.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Anyone go to the parade? Swear to god the pos who let off shots is an absolute embarrassment to humanity.

I was in the Eaton Centre when that **** happened and thought freaking ISIS was attacking cause of how many random stampedes ensued.

Gonna steer clear from crowds like this from now on, not worth it at all. Never been involved in anything like that but it was legit terrifying.

Was watching it on CBC and at one point, I was fearing the worst. Crowds started to disperse near the stage and there was a sense of panic. The guy who was at the mic at the time who is a broadcaster for Raps game (I forget his name), did an amazing job calming the crowd down and regaining control.

Reactions: tazsub3

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
That Yankee Japanese pitcher had the right stuff tonight. Complete game shutout of the Rays. Just caught the last 2 innings. A rarity.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Was watching it on CBC and at one point, I was fearing the worst. Crowds started to disperse near the stage and there was a sense of panic. The guy who was at the mic at the time who is a broadcaster for Raps game (I forget his name), did an amazing job calming the crowd down and regaining control.
Was Matty D.... Mat develin he might have saved many lives today

Reactions: Runner77

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think kwahi already knows what he wants to do, and I just don't see Toronto as part of the picture.

It just feels like whatever unfinished business he had in TO was all accomplished in one season.

Clippers seem like a pretty logical destination. I'd be really surprised to see him back in Toronto.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Support or Cheer for the Raptors ( or Jays ).. I'm actually very upset they won, I was cheering on GS.

If they ever get an NFL team I won't be able to cheer for them either.

I can not support anything Toronto.

I can't be the only one that feels this way... Right?

ps: I even live in Toronto since 2017 andwhen I go to the Jays game I cheer for the opposition.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Lots here share your feelings; I am not one of them. I said this in the other sports thread in response to an article my buddy @Runner77 posted, but while all Leafs fans may be Raptors fans, not all Raptors fans are Leafs fans.

The Raptors winning is legit great for the country. As far as sports is concerned, this is bigger than any major sporting event in the past who knows how long in terms of Canadian exposure. Sure, the players aren’t Canadian, but who cares?

Merchandise sales are through the roof which is good for the economy and more likely than not, there’s probably a lot more kids now who want to play basketball. The Raptors winning stimulates interest in the sport overall and while other cities, such as Montreal, still need to sell the idea of having a team, the Raptors success can only help their cause.

Anyhow, I never understood actual city hate, unless there’s an actual reason for it. I hate, I mean absolutely HATE the Boston Bruins. I’m talking next-level hate, right down to whoever actually sews the logos on their uniforms... I hate them also. However, I love visiting the city itself and got no real beef with their other teams; not even the Sox and I’m a Jays fan.

I got no love for the Leafs, Argos, Toronto FC or Drake, but the Raptors are awesome. Good on them for making this country proud, even if most west of Yonge and east of Danforth probably don’t care :sarcasm:

#WeTheNorth
#FunGuy

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Support or Cheer for the Raptors ( or Jays ).. I'm actually very upset they won, I was cheering on GS.

ps: I even live in Toronto since 2017 andwhen I go to the Jays game I cheer for the opposition.
NFL will never come to Canada, no money in TV deals here, they don’t care about attendance, they know it will sell out.

It’s a miracle that we have an NBA team. It’s all about TV deals these days, a lot has changed in 24 years.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I can't cheer against Mr. Superfan

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
I'd never cheer for the Leafs. Ever. I've never cheered for TFC. I'm a Red Sox fan, so I cheer against the Jays. But it's not like the Montreal Dragons are gonna win an NBA championship anytime soon, so I wasn't rooting against them. I generally feel that the country was pretty united in cheering for them.

I don't feel a rivalry between the cities though. The hate is gone. We lost that war. Where we once had double the population and all the head offices , we now have half the population and few of the head offices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->