OT: The Other Sports Thread IX - Go Astros go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Now that Raptors have won, I wonder which wagon Drake will jump on next? He's been on so many it's hard to predict.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
As someone who lived through those years as well and also watched the first ever Raptors basketball game...had you told me we'd be here 20, 15, 10, 5 or even 1 year ago.

I would called you crazy. The Toronto Raptors not too long ago were the armpit of the NBA, a joke a team who had a purple dinosaur on their jersey.

Vince Carter (who put basketball on the map in the country) wanted nothing to do with playing in Toronto anymore, McGrady had already left, Alonzo Mourning spurned them when he was traded there, Lebron James aka Lebronto basically owned them.

Now they're World Champions...just crazy.
To think that this team was one Knicks deal away from a full rebuild back in 2013 to now is truly something. When the Gay trade happened I was preparing for a full gut job. Fast forward 6 years later and we're champs.

Reactions: 417

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal

tenor.gif

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Damn this hurts. Been a Warriors fan since the 90's. I know they've won a lot, but this really does feel like the end of an era. Proud of my team though, they showed incredible grit and heart in this series through everything.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Watching the Raps win also makes me want the Habs to win even more. I would definitely shed tears of joy if that happens.

FWIW, when the Blue Jays Won in 92, we won the cup the following season.

Yeah, that’s baseball and yesterday’s win was basketball, but hopefully Toronto success equates to Montreal success next.

Or, the Als win the Grey Cup...

Reactions: donghabs98

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Damn this hurts. Been a Warriors fan since the 90's. I know they've won a lot, but this really does feel like the end of an era. Proud of my team though, they showed incredible grit and heart in this series through everything.
I don't see it that way. I think they're gonna try to sign both KD and Clay to max deals and keep this thing going. They're all young enough to be good for the next 4-5 years so I don't see them giving up on this core just yet.

Reactions: Garbageyuk

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Only time I've ever damaged property while watching sports was when Justin Williams injured Koivu and we lost the game in overtime.

When the Habs won the cup in 86, I went to town on a parked car. I smashed the windows with a bat, and bunch of friends and I tipped it over. After, I spray painted GHG on the sides of the car.

Needless to say, my dad wasn’t happy about taking the bus to work for the next month with our car in the body shop :sarcasm:

Reactions: js2k6 and peate

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
When the Habs won the cup in 86, I went to town on a parked car. I smashed the windows with a bat, and bunch of friends and I tipped it over. After, I spray painted GHG on the sides of the car.

Needless to say, my dad wasn’t happy about taking the bus to work for the next month with our car in the body shop :sarcasm:
Good one. :laugh:

Reactions: sandviper

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal

On one hand, I imagine you're kidding. On the other hand, I kind of hope you aren't. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad