OT: The Other Sports Thread IX - Go Astros go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
NBA Trophy was in town, talk about Mtl getting a franchise? Seems to be gathering steam, faster than baseball. Wouldn't need to build a stadium. :nod:
Raptors' Chris Boucher wants to put Montreal basketball on the map
Is the Bell Centre free for 41 games + pre-season + playoffs? Isn't it one of the busiest arenas in North America with the MSG? Evenko might still need another venue for shows, even including Bell Place.
during the Jays vs Rays game

that's a funny one
I remember Cammy trade in the middle of a game, at least he wasn't traded to our opponent. Did it happen before in the NHL?

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Last two Jays games have been wild.

Yesterday the Rays led 9-2 and ended up losing 9-10.

Today the Jays led 8-1 and it is now tied at 9 in the 8th inning.

:laugh:

EDIT: The Jays lost 9-10. First time in MLB history a team comes back from a 7 run deficit to win and surrenders a 7 run deficit to lose in back to back games.

Last edited:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Stroman to the Mets of all teams. What a bummer for Marcus.

I guess the Mets are going to trade Syndergaard after all.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Stroman to the Mets of all teams. What a bummer for Marcus.

I guess the Mets are going to trade Syndergaard after all.

I don’t follow MLB at all anymore, but why are the Mets acquiring a 28 year-old before possibly dealing a 26 year-old? Is Thor just not meeting expectations?

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I don’t follow MLB at all anymore, but why are the Mets acquiring a 28 year-old before possibly dealing a 26 year-old? Is Thor just not meeting expectations?
Supposedly the Padres are willing to give them a king's ransom for Thor and the Mets want to have a replacement arm with another year of control in Stroman.

But, honestly, it's the Mets, so who the hell knows for sure...

Reactions: the valiant effort

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Wasn't expecting the Mets to be agressive buyers at all with where they are in the standings. I can understand them wanting to fill the hole Syndergaard is gonna leave though. I'm just surprised they managed to put together the best offer.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Wasn't expecting the Mets to be agressive buyers at all with where they are in the standings. I can understand them wanting to fill the hole Syndergaard is gonna leave though. I'm just surprised they managed to put together the best offer.
Yes, me too. Let's wait until we know what the Jays are getting in return.

This could be easily another case of Atkins/Shapiro being dodo birds.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Mets fans are angry but it's hard to tell if it's because of the deal or just because they're mets fans

Why would they? Neither of them are blue chip prospects. Kay is 24 and struggle to make the adjustment to AAA. Woods-Richardson is a more interesting prospect imo but he's far from the major league and he's not one of Mets top 5 prospect. If they can extend Stroman it's unlikely those prospects become much better than him.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
With Sogard, Stroman and Phelps gone, Smoak (lots of interest on him surprisingly) and Hudson should be next.

We shall see about Giles. Injury bug might bite Shatkins during trade deadline once again.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Hudson to the Nationals, Biagini to the Astros.

Now the are whispers that Sanchez has been dealt as well.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Having read up on Fisher it looks like Shatkins shit the bed again. :mad:

Last edited:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
The Jays added their #25 ranked prospect to Biagini & Sanchez to get Fisher.

:biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad