OT: The Other Sports Thread IX - Go Astros go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
dont know if Vlad will win it, but if he does he'll be the winner with the least HR (8) prior to winning the dirby for a long time!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Geez, my jinx also works on other sports too. 2 rounds ago, spoke about how Morgan was a terrible HR pitcher on Twitter....and Alonso won....lol

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Geez, my jinx also works on other sports too. 2 rounds ago, spoke about how Morgan was a terrible HR pitcher on Twitter....and Alonso won....lol
How about you make your magic work on Bergevin so he gets us a top-line forward or top-2 D.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
His dad was not a bad player either. Short career and inconsistent player but he had his moments.
I remember him hitting two grand slams in the same inning, which I believe nobody has ever done before or since. Plus his mostly unremarkable stint with the Expos in the early 2000's. He was definitely the hot and cold type, never really sure what he was gonna bring on a specific night. Plus he wasn't always in the best of shape so injuries took a big toll later in his career.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Who is cutting onions? Goddammit ... cannot believe this guy. Please watch this, you won’t regret it:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006

West is gonna be a blood bath next season lol

If Harden and Paul couldn't figure out how to share the ball effectively, I have no idea how Harden and Russell will.

The new HOU duo are literally the two most ball-dominant guards in the entire NBA. Unless Westbrook makes a commitment to improve his play off the ball this has disaster written all over it. Westbrook is also horrendous 3PT shooter by efficiency. I don't see that improving in HOU, so he'll have to cut to the rim more off the ball. Something he's never been willing to do with any regularity before.

I am very sceptical this is going to work out for HOU as far as their championship aspirations are concerned. We shall see.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Jump the shark, you say. How about ...

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
If Harden and Paul couldn't figure out how to share the ball effectively, I have no idea how Harden and Russell will.

The new HOU duo are literally the two most ball-dominant guards in the entire NBA. Unless Westbrook makes a commitment to improve his play off the ball this has disaster written all over it. Westbrook is also horrendous 3PT shooter by efficiency. I don't see that improving in HOU, so he'll have to cut to the rim more off the ball. Something he's never been willing to do with any regularity before.

I am very sceptical this is going to work out for HOU as far as their championship aspirations are concerned. We shall see.
I still think they'll be better than with Paul. Better defensively, better rebounding, more athletic. Everything you say is right but I still think they will be better. I have no doubt Westbrook will change his game to fit Houston and do everything to win. They dont need him to shoot they have enough of shot makers. Paul was horrendous shooting wise anyways in the playoff and on top of that he was getting old and had trouble defending bigger guards. If Westbrook concentrates on defense, rebounding, dishing the ball and being a complement...Houston could be dangerous once again. I have no doubt Westbrook will defer to Harden offensively anyway. People expecting both of them to fight for the ball but I actually think they will mesh really well.

Last edited:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Talking about the Westbrook trade got me thinking about that incredible two year span OKC had in the draft from 2007-2009. KD, Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden. Holy crap, it doesn't get better than that for a team. What could've been with that core of theirs had they managed to keep it all together. To be fair, they mostly did, but their decision to not pay Harden and ship him out bit them in the ass.

Can you imagine rolling Russ at 1, Harden at 2, KD at 3 and Serge at 4 as they all entered their prime at the same time? :eek:

That group should've won at least one championship together and it's sad they never got a chance to.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Talking about the Westbrook trade got me thinking about that incredible two year span OKC had in the draft from 2007-2009. KD, Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden. Holy crap, it doesn't get better than that for a team. What could've been with that core of theirs had they managed to keep it all together. To be fair, they mostly did, but their decision to not pay Harden and ship him out bit them in the ass.

Can you imagine rolling Russ at 1, Harden at 2, KD at 3 and Serge at 4 as they all entered their prime at the same time? :eek:

That group should've won at least one championship together and it's sad they never got a chance to.
That's one thing I hate about the NBA these days, teams don't stick it out. They rather overhaul the roster every 2 years instead of working at it and slowly improving the roster. In the 80s and 90s a team like OKC would of stuck it out and eventually won something. Incredible 3 eventual mvp's on that team. I blame Lebron for all this :laugh:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

Westbrook will never win anything as long as he remains the most selfish NBA player in the history of the game.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
How lucky are we to witness the three greatest male tennis players of all time battle it out in the same ERA? Let's enjoy this while it lasts.

I don't know how long Federer will still play tennis but he is still amazing at 38yo

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
I don't know how long Federer will still play tennis but he is still amazing at 38yo

There was a time when entering 30s meant a quick decline from top rankings. Just shows how Federer, Djoko and Nadal are head and shoulders above everyone else.

Almost 5 hours into this one and Federer is still running like a 28 years old.

Reactions: ArtPeur
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad