OT: The Other Sports Thread IX - Go Astros go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
That's the nature of the NBA, it truly is a superstar league where 2 or 3 guys can plan something, get together and make a contender from scratch ( Leonard is rumored to have been very involved in the George deal). As far as Kawhi goes, it was a risk from the get-go, he's lived his whole life in California and the rumblings were always that he doesn't deal well with cold weather. At least the Raptors got an all time great year out of it, I'd take that any day with the Habs.

Reactions: hockeyfan2k18

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
What the f***

Had Presti been able to strike a deal for George with the Raptors -- and Leonard was willing to stay -- George was believed to be willing to join the Raptors too, sources said. Presti pursued a package of Russell Westbrook with George to the Raptors -- with the NBA's Most Improved Player, forward Pascal Siakam as the centerpiece of a deal -- and Ujiri balked, league sources said.

Almost PG + Kawhi + Westbrook

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27131637/sources-fear-lakers-dynasty-drove-clips-deal?

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Total Kawhi Leonard media/fan overkill.

His name has been mentioned probably 10 000+ times a day on Canadian radio & TV in the past month... not to mention plastered all over the Web.

Insanely excessive 21st century media overkill.

Glad he's gone for that reason alone... won't have to read/hear his name incessantly any more.

He was smart to run to LA where the people are used to superstars living among the population.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He was not a fan of the winter in TO....he was going home all along, at least the Raps got their championship!!

Flags fly forever.

What moves are the Raps considering with Kawai’s news?

Reactions: groovejuice

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Most Habs fans are Raptor fans..

I'm a Pistons fan.

I think most Raptors fans this post-season were bandwagoners - I've lived in Montreal most of my life and this is really the first time I've heard of anybody caring about the Raptors.

I hope I'm right - Montrealers should certainly not feel themselves bound to give allegiance to the Raptors.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The Raptors probably don't win that title against Golden State with a healthy KD in the lineup and Kawhi knew that he carried the team to it's title, it doesn't say much for what he thought of his supporting cast in Toronto if you ask me.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Glad it's not the Lakers. Also low-key laughing at the stalking fans. They were acting like it was a once in a life time opportunity to see him and they got their wish.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Was watching a little tennis earlier. What about that Coco Gauff? I hope she plays Serena. I also saw Miloche, he was playing well.

This is unlikely to happen since they're in two different parts of the draw. They basically can only meet in the finals. Besides, Williams is dire now and will get destroyed by Barty if she even beats her current opponent (Suarez-Navarro). I also think Gauff will lose to Halep in her next match.

Milos is so boring.... too bad FAA lost.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'm a Pistons fan.

I think most Raptors fans this post-season were bandwagoners - I've lived in Montreal most of my life and this is really the first time I've heard of anybody caring about the Raptors.

I hope I'm right - Montrealers should certainly not feel themselves bound to give allegiance to the Raptors.
Fair enough, I just assumed. Just like a lot of Habs fans are Blue Jays fans (by default, I know they used to be Expo fans).

Hahaha, funny thing with my family. My dad and I were always Blue Jays and Canadiens fans. My uncle and his son was always Maple Leafs and Expos. So strange how that works.

Reactions: sandviper

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'd guess most Habs fans don't follow basketball at all.
Maybe true. I couldn't imagine not following every sport under the sun.

Kidding.

I'm mostly hockey and soccer, with baseball always hanging around because I was best at that sport growing up. I like Basketball and Football is okay. But those are my main 3.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Maybe true. I couldn't imagine not following every sport under the sun.

Kidding.

I'm mostly hockey and soccer, with baseball always hanging around because I was best at that sport growing up. I like Basketball and Football is okay. But those are my main 3.
I barely can follow hockey anymore with my schedule. I couldn't follow another sport passionately for a team that loses as much as the Habs have in my lifetime. In general most sports are fun to play and not so fun to watch.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He was not a fan of the winter in TO....he was going home all along, at least the Raps got their championship!!

That does it, we'll never get the NBA in Montreal. All these guys will want to bolt south first chance they get!

Reactions: BLONG7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad