The other Kopitar, Gašper.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
Just giving everyone a heads up that there might be another Kopitar coming at some point in the future if they havn't already heard.
Anze Kopitar said, "He's big, he's strong, he's even bigger than I was at the same age".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82__n6uuBiM

Currently 14 years old, playing in Slovenia and has 17 points in 7 games.
http://www.hokej.si/Igralec.aspx?Igralec=268

If he's playing in Slovenian Junior right now, he's on pace to match Anze's totals at the same age with around 60 points (in 25GP).

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=4984&hubname=nhl-kings

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Are they family?

Half brothers; they were both conceived via immaculate conception, but it's unclear which deity impregnated their mutual mother ;)

Edit: before I get some... "special person" believe me, I'll just add that they're brothers.

Bam Beet*

Gauranteed he won't fall in the draft this time just because he's from Slovenia.

Mr_Jones*

So did the Kings sign Cloutier to make sure they tank three more seasons?
Yes, but to get Tavares.

Some Slovenians who post at LGK (who have seen Gasper) were writing about Gasper. Apparently, he isn'tas good as Anze. He's just good compared to other Slovenians.

loft25

Dec 5, 2006
San Diego, CA

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Yep, Anze's whole family lives in the U.S., so of course he's here. An update on him would be great from anyone who's seen him. A few years ago, I had heard he was supposed to be a very good player, but hadn't heard much since. Those aren't looking like the stats of a potential star, but I don't recall his birth date, either, so he could be playing well above his age-level.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Yep, Anze's whole family lives in the U.S., so of course he's here. An update on him would be great from anyone who's seen him. A few years ago, I had heard he was supposed to be a very good player, but hadn't heard much since. Those aren't looking like the stats of a potential star, but I don't recall his birth date, either, so he could be playing well above his age-level.

I believe he's a 92 birthdate, so he's eligible for the 2011 draft.

the_speedster

Jul 7, 2007
Holy **** what a thread-bump!

Gaspar kopitar (As said above) is playing for the midget AAA kings. I checked out his stats and they were very ordinary (about midway up his teams scoring chart). Apparently he's got good size and with access to all the training his brother's wealth and connections can get him I suspect there might be a bump up in talent level in a year or so.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
The stats don't indicate a player worth noting at all. The top prospect on the team, Shane McColgan, has 35 points in 29 games and he's a year younger (15) than Gasper. Mitch Wahl, who was taken by Calgary in the second round last year, had 90 points in 68 games with the same team as a 15 year old.

LAX attack*

I have heard (from someone who played against him) that Ghaspar is just a really bad player. Only shoots, no backchecking, bad skating, unexceptional passing.

Too bad, but I'm sure that someone will waste a 3-4 round pick on him

i love staal

Oct 19, 2008
I have seen him play, and the only reason why he even made the Kings 18u AAA team is because he is a Kopitar. He has a huge butt, and looks to be built like a rock. However, he is soft and people bounce him off the puck easily. He is not fast nor does he hit or liek to get hit. One thing I will say is that his shot is deadly, but it never hits the net.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Marcel Hossa v2.0 :sarcasm:

but really...he might end up being nothing and riding his brother's name

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Well if he makes the NHL I think it would very cool if at sometime during his career he was united with his brother on the Kings, because Kopitar sure isn't going anywhere. :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->