OT: The OT Thread Part 5: New HF Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Not sure how many people here follow e-Sports, but I just have to comment that it's hilarious that my Overwatch League Team, Dallas, is somehow managed as incompetently as the Oil. Perhaps more so.

Here's the run-down of the latest drama. It's come out that their coach:
1) Bans players who aren't from the starting lineup from practice...even from spectating. What?
2) Lied about one of their star players refusing to play as an excuse for benching him (said Star Player has actually come out and said he was lying after said Coach gave an interview blaming him for their losses).
3) Shit-talked multiple players in the aforementioned interview, along the lines of "I think X player is completely lost at this point"
4) The one good switch they made to their starting lineup, swapping another player in leading to much greater success, only occurred because one of the starters got sick. Similar to the RNH with McDavid situation, fans have been calling all season for this swap but apparently he's so stubborn he had to have his hand forced by illness.

Sigh. I must be cursed.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
Idk, while I have heard that many times from everyone i have been doing okay. Maybe its a bubble that will crash but w.e worth a try i guess lol.

Good for you, there's definitely been money made there over the last several years.
I don't know your background so excuse me if you know all this.. read up on commodity and Forex investing with an emphasis on risk management. You want to know when to take profits and reduce your exposure so you get to keep the money you've made. Technical analysis would also be useful however that is a huge subject and bitcoin seems to have its big swings on fundamental events.

Good luck, make money!

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
These ads that are popping up on every new page view are annoying. I'm using Safari and it's every single page. Close and report them and there is still a box that interferes with my page view.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Ryan Smyth’s skills academy team is playing at WEM this morning. Saw his son score a beauty goal from his office on top of the crease. Looks to have his dad’s touch! Must be a proud papa.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
These ads that are popping up on every new page view are annoying. I'm using Safari and it's every single page. Close and report them and there is still a box that interferes with my page view.
Not getting any of those running edge. Not the blocking pop ups anyway. I am getting a lot of NSFW (Not safe for Wife) swimsuit adds that are pretty interesting. Must say its one of the few time I haven't minded adds. Not sure how I got the luck of the draw on what adds I get. Must be all that good karma..;)

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
What happened to the Harvey's at 170 Street and 107 Avenue. Drove by the other day and a lot of the structure is gone and they may be rebuilding. I saw what looked like it could be fire damage. Was there a fire?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
You know City Council complains about the previous council taking their sweet ass time or wasting money, but this one sure seems to be dicking around when it comes to these playground/school zones.

They are going to look at it again next spring? You see issues now tackle them now. Why playground zones are 30 in the winter at 9pm is another puzzler.

I guess just more money being wasted to fix something that really shouldn't be that hard to figure out. What happened to if there is a playground it's half hour before sunrise and half hour after?

Seems like someone is just trying to out smart themselves

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You know City Council complains about the previous council taking their sweet ass time or wasting money, but this one sure seems to be dicking around when it comes to these playground/school zones.

They are going to look at it again next spring? You see issues now tackle them now. Why playground zones are 30 in the winter at 9pm is another puzzler.

I guess just more money being wasted to fix something that really shouldn't be that hard to figure out. What happened to if there is a playground it's half hour before sunrise and half hour after?

Seems like someone is just trying to out smart themselves

They want ticketing revenues. This is the new tax scheme. Increased parking tickets, speeding tickets, traffic tickets, jaywalking tickets, LRT tickets 250 bucks first time offense for not having a validated ticket (lmao)

This civic admin loves ticketing revenue. That's the bigger story here.

I think Vision zero is pie in the sky dreaming as long as pedestrians walk right into trains. Two weeks ago a guy lost his leg kicking a moving LRT car because he was frustrated or something. You can never rule out that as long as theres going to be moving vehicles of any type theres going to be tragedies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
They want ticketing revenues. This is the new tax scheme. Increased parking tickets, speeding tickets, traffic tickets, jaywalking tickets, LRT tickets 250 bucks first time offense for not having a validated ticket (lmao)

This civic admin loves ticketing revenue. That's the bigger story here.

I think Vision zero is pie in the sky dreaming as long as pedestrians walk right into trains. Two weeks ago a guy lost his leg kicking a moving LRT car because he was frustrated or something. You can never rule out that as long as theres going to be moving vehicles of any type theres going to be tragedies.
They've lost a lot on photo radar revenue, which really is what I thought was the whole point to begin with. Slow people down

I'm curious about that girl that got hit yesterday. I want to take a drive to that spot today, I think that's the crosswalk that you come over a hill and if the sun is at the wrong level you are screwed. I've always thought they should just get rid of that crosswalk all together.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
They've lost a lot on photo radar revenue, which really is what I thought was the whole point to begin with. Slow people down

I'm curious about that girl that got hit yesterday. I want to take a drive to that spot today, I think that's the crosswalk that you come over a hill and if the sun is at the wrong level you are screwed. I've always thought they should just get rid of that crosswalk all together.

Well, there's zero excuse for proceeding across a marked intersection with stopped cars that are obviously stopped for a reason. The one car that didn't stop hit the girl. The guy is an idiot for doing that. How do you even get a licence without knowing better. Cars are stopped...

Its terrible when stuff like this occurs because some drivers are so bad.

It was 38ave, 31st btw, 4 lane road, no hill, clearly marked crossing with crosswalk. no hills or obstructions. Its actually a wide and clear intersection all 4 ways. From all reports other cars had stopped. The 21yr old in the truck even had stopped after hitting the girl, and then got back in the vehicle and took off later abandoning the vehicle. Fortunately he has been found.

I have limited sympathy for this nature of behavior. Its driver fail on any level. Its human fail to leave the accident and not attend to the person you hit that is in critical condition because of hazardous driving.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Latest interesting ad I'm seeing. "Travelfriend" You too can sign up and be partnered with young nubile travel partners from east block countries only too glad to share hotel rooms with you and rob you blind and steal your passport, sell your identity, or surreptitiously use you as drug mules sneaking stuff in your bags. etc. lmfao

Is this actually something that people would sign up for? I don't trust even hotel staff to come into my room. Complete stranger randoms that look like they are submitting their same picture profiles (just assuming...) that they use on "Best Russian Wifes.com"? Nah, interesting pictures, but going to have to say no on this..

edit. It is indeed a scam site. Don't anybody sign up for it. Scam from the start, just researched it strictly out of curiosity.

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Latest interesting ad I'm seeing. "Travelfriend" You too can sign up and be partnered with young nubile travel partners from east block countries only too glad to share hotel rooms with you and rob you blind and steal your passport, sell your identity, or surreptitiously use you as drug mules sneaking stuff in your bags. etc. lmfao

Is this actually something that people would sign up for? I don't trust even hotel staff to come into my room. Complete stranger randoms that look like they are submitting their same picture profiles (just assuming...) that they use on "Best Russian Wifes.com"? Nah, interesting pictures, but going to have to say no on this..

edit. It is indeed a scam site. Don't anybody sign up for it. Scam from the start, just researched it strictly out of curiosity.
I wouldn't be surprised to see something like this happen eventually. I meet someone in Toronto doing the Uber share ride. Ended up doing a lot more than I expected with a complete stranger that was only suppose to be a 15 minute shared ride.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Has anyone on Shaw had no service the last 2 nights? Monday night/yesterday morning was a scheduled interruption but I had nothing again last night/this morning from 11pm - 5am.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Has anyone on Shaw had no service the last 2 nights? Monday night/yesterday morning was a scheduled interruption but I had nothing again last night/this morning from 11pm - 5am.

Ours has been fine with the exception that the channel screen has been funky for weeks. I turn off shaw receiver when not in use. (Still powered on) when we switch back on the channel displays are where they were last time we watched, and not updated. So that if you try to select another channel from screen it says not available. You have to manually select another channel and only then does the receiver clue in that the time is today... 2-3 weeks like this. Everything else working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad