OT: The OT Thread Part 5: New HF Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfCorsiDid

Ah shit, here we go again
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Speaking of watching random videos...

So I'm an engineer and I have one reaction to this video.

giphy.gif

What does any of that even meannnn

Reactions: Dorian2

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Good thing there's not an active effort by right-wing extremists to radicalize and recruit disaffected young men to their cause. Now to take a big sip of coffee and read the news.
Someone can’t get to sleep for all the ‘right wing extremists’ under his bed and in his closet. Use a night light and ask your mom to leave the door open.

Reactions: yukoner88

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Someone can’t get to sleep for all the ‘right wing extremists’ under his bed and in his closet. Use a night light and ask your mom to leave the door open.

I can't imagine living in 2019 and thinking right wing extremism isn't a threat. Either you're ignorant or in denial because you share a lot of the same beliefs. Which one is it?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Received by Canada Post

In transit
Dec. 12

Expected delivery
Dec. 10,
10 am to 2 pm

215327.gif

Another fun holiday season of Canada Post.

Reactions: Coffey

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Least surprising news ever that Andrew Scheer is a crook.

A hypocrite. Whine about someone getting nannies paid for, but claim the higher tuition cost between Sask and Ottawa as a family relocation expense.

Sadly, this is just par for the course for politicians. They all suck up as much money and free stuff as they can get away with, and of course act like it's a huge deal any time someone else is called out for doing it. I guess at least in these cases it's money from just the party funds, rather than a bill to tax payers. Unless Scheer claims the CPC party covered amount on his taxes for a credit :)

Reactions: EagerPug

OfCorsiDid

Ah shit, here we go again
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
They're both corrupt. But the DNC just can't get out of its own way.

The DNC is going to single-handedly bottle this election for the democrats just like 2016.

This year is even more sad because they’ll literally be running against an impeached president. SAD!

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
The DNC is going to single-handedly bottle this election for the democrats just like 2016.

This year is even more sad because they’ll literally be running against an impeached president. SAD!

That's why they need to pick Bernie.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!! Can we please change the subject in this thread?

Full Moon tonight and I'm driving truck tonight on a night run through BC. I love full moons and snowy ditches because the snow reflects the moon light, thus making the 4 legged critters much easier to see when they are near the highway.

They are my favorite nights to drive in. Anyone else a night owl n like driving at night?

Reactions: Oilhawks

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Is Boris Johnson what Trump would be like with slightly more intelligence, class and restraint?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!! Can we please change the subject in this thread?

Full Moon tonight and I'm driving truck tonight on a night run through BC. I love full moons and snowy ditches because the snow reflects the moon light, thus making the 4 legged critters much easier to see when they are near the highway.

They are my favorite nights to drive in. Anyone else a night owl n like driving at night?

I love summer driving at night. Going on a long haul drive to say Vancouver or Winnipeg I prefer just doing it all at night in one shot. Less traffic, stress, very contemplative. Helps that I'm a natural insomniac.

Canadian winter night driving features a bit too much black ice for my liking. Not as fun.

4 legged creatures? I usually just trail back of a semi, far enough back not to be annoying but close enough that anything on the road gets taken out before I get to it..

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I love summer driving at night. Going on a long haul drive to say Vancouver or Winnipeg I prefer just doing it all at night in one shot. Less traffic, stress, very contemplative. Helps that I'm a natural insomniac.

Canadian winter night driving features a bit too much black ice for my liking. Not as fun.

4 legged creatures? I usually just trail back of a semi, far enough back not to be annoying but close enough that anything on the road gets taken out before I get to it..

Are you excited for the Esks now that Maas is finally gone?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
unfortunately its hard to get excited about the Esks over the last 15yrs for pretty much any reason. We're the city of past success cursed pro teams. Its like some sort of penance for past sins of excess.

The 70's and 80's were good anyway..

Two whole generations of Edmonton sports fans have never been able to experience a sustained run of good teams.

Anyway it’s good to have you back.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Two whole generations of Edmonton sports fans have never been able to experience a sustained run of good teams.

Thanks.

C2E is getting pretty dead over there. Most social media I can't stand. This is my catch all site.

Thank god for an OT thread where I can never really be OT...

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017

I was born in EDM in 1983 and have never in my life been to a game. Never stepped inside the stadium. CFL is like Mickey Mouse to me. I don't even take it seriously.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Thanks.

C2E is getting pretty dead over there. Most social media I can't stand. This is my catch all site.

Thank god for an OT thread where I can never really be OT...

C2E is pretty much killing itself off by allowing toxic politics go unchecked. I used to be on that site a fair amount. Even did the "100 years ago today according to the Edmonton Bulletin" thread.

The story behind why I did that for a few months was that Northern Cablevision was doing a major upgrade to fibre optics in Grande Prairie. So, being cut off from the internet and, having been browsing the Peel's Prairie Provinces website for historical newspapers, I decided to spend my time downloading the daily image files, from the Bulletin, and transcribe the headlines, by-lines, local items, feature titles ads and any interesting classified ads. Plus, adding any cut image files if the story pertained to Edmonton, Then I pasted the text file and images into a post or 2,

Had to leave because of too many "pie in the sky" types who wanted Edmonton to be the beginning of any weird idea. Plus, plenty of posters who sounded like regulars commenting on any CBC online story that fit their political slant. The odd time I lurk, there's not much there. Much of the political board is dominated, especially the "I hate Trump for no particular reason", by 3 posters and some lackeys.

Shame that it's become irrelevant. The founder of the site wanted Edmonton to be known as an international city. Whether he's still there or not is hard to say. But, the lack of moderation has sewered C2E, as much as any other message board goes downhill when the idiots are left to go nuts on others. and the admin are more worried about not offending them in order to make the site look like a "discussion" board.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Any other sports betters having trouble with the Bodog site in the last few days? I haven’t been able to make a deposit for the last couple days. I emailed them yesterday to ask if there was a problem and never heard back from them. I’ve dealt with Bodog for years and have never had any problems before. Just curious if anybody else is having issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad