OT: The OT Thread Part 5: New HF Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
It's just 30 year old dads hiding in the corner of a room with two claymores set up listening to your footsteps 100 yards away now.

How i feel about campers in COD

source.gif

Reactions: McDNicks17

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Wexit is the worst idea I’ve heard in quite some time. Some people get so fixated on one issue and ignore the millions of other issues that would make separation highly impractical.

Reactions: Haggard

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Wexit is the worst idea I’ve heard in quite some time. Some people get so fixated on one issue and ignore the millions of other issues that would make separation highly impractical.

It is. But at the same time i don't think it's a bad outlet to make a bunch of noise to force the federal government to treat us more equitably.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

lol Wexit

A prairie land locked province. I wonder what would happen with customs/duties/trade agreements with no leverage.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
It is. But at the same time i don't think it's a bad outlet to make a bunch of noise to force the federal government to treat us more equitably.

lol in what way will this make them treat us more "equitably". There is no real threat here.

All it does it make everyone else in Canada, and anyone who notices elsewhere in the world, think of Albertans as dimwitted rednecks.

Reactions: oXo Cube

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
lol in what way will this make them treat us more "equitably". There is no real threat here.

All it does it make everyone else in Canada, and anyone who notices elsewhere in the world, think of Albertans as dimwitted rednecks.

Canada already thinks Albertans are dimwitted rednecks so we aren't creating any new with Wexit.

I was thinking that the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" type of message might get us some sort of minor/barely meaningful olive branch from the Fed somewhere down the road.

Reactions: joestevens29

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Canada already thinks Albertans are dimwitted rednecks so we aren't creating any new with Wexit.

You're doubling down on it. Making it news. Making it LESS likely that anyone out of this province will take the few legitimate gripes Albertans actually have seriously.

Instead all of that is going into the same pile as pipeline misinformation and ignorant equalization payment whining.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
You're doubling down on it. Making it news. Making it LESS likely that anyone out of this province will take the few legitimate gripes Albertans actually have seriously.

Instead all of that is going into the same pile as pipeline misinformation and ignorant equalization payment whining.

This exactly. To the casual observer, it sure looks like Albertans are mad that the rest of Canada didn't vote the same way they did, which makes it mighty hard to drum up any sympathy, especially given the Albertans on average still enjoy the highest wages and lowest taxes of anyone in the country.

Also I really hate how both the media and the people pushing this separation shit flatten Albertans into this monolithic group of rural, blue-collar white people with I *heart* Alberta Oil stickers on their F350s. We're a young, diverse and educated province with more than 80 per cent of us living in urban areas and this crap makes us all look like rubes.

Last edited:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
My problem with the wexit organizers is that many are also part of the christian heritage party and part of the platform is highly un canadian.
My problem with them is the sheer stupidity and entitlement of it, plus their lack of resolve. If they're going to be this we want to leave because we're entitlement whiners, they should detach themselves from any and all Federal benefits they receive, make a real commitment to the "cause"

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
My problem with them is the sheer stupidity and entitlement of it, plus their lack of resolve. If they're going to be this we want to leave because we're entitlement whiners, they should detach themselves from any and all Federal benefits they receive, make a real commitment to the "cause"

I think the guys running wexit are con artists who are going ride the wave of people being pissed of for a few months get some money in the bank and the fall back into the wood work

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Kenney looking at pulling out of the CPP and starting the APP (currently Quebec only province with no CPP they have QPP)

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Kenney looking at pulling out of the CPP and starting the APP (currently Quebec only province with no CPP they have QPP)

The CPP was well funded but under performing over the years. I imagine a APP (or a plan shared with Saskatchewan, and possibly others, woul yield a better return. Just have to see how a transition would be handled, as in if CPP monies would be put into the APP or if future CPP contributions would just go into the APP (2 separate funds).

Reactions: ujju2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad