OT: The OT Thread Part 5: New HF Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Is it no longer possible to delete PMs?
I have some pollution in my inbox I'd like to get rid of.

Haggard

High and Wide
Aug 15, 2005
Edmonton
Is there still no way to ignore threads? There are a whole bunch here now that deserve to be ignored. I really hope they bring that back

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Is there still no way to ignore threads? There are a whole bunch here now that deserve to be ignored. I really hope they bring that back
I just ignore individual posters. Maybe you won't see this because you have me on ignore. :)

Haggard

High and Wide
Aug 15, 2005
Edmonton
I just ignore individual posters. Maybe you won't see this because you have me on ignore. :)

Ha ha, Nope. I see ya. I tried doing that, it really screws up the flow of a thread. Plus everyone just quotes the stupid people anyways. Multiple times

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Paige Van Zant just fought almost an entire right with a broken arm, didn't win the fight but won the last round.

Damn.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Hey, hoping someone from Edmonton can answer this for me:

How much does it cost to go to the cinema? Namely cineplex?

I forgot to send my sister a birthday gift so I'm planning to order her a Cineplex e-gift card online. The amount is customizable and you need an account to buy tickets online which is weird.

Thanks for the help

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
If you ever want to get rid of people post stalking you on here (you know the types..), just PM them and they’ll get scared and stop.

Just a friendly FYI to keep the mods free for more important things!

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
When did our avatar start appearing to the left side of thread titles indicating we've posted in that thread?

Good move, and so bold.

Reactions: SniperHF

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
When did our avatar start appearing to the left side of thread titles indicating we've posted in that thread?

Good move, and so bold.

Just noted it this week. First I thought I must've accidentally clicked some setting. But yeah, the little avatar shows up in all threads you've posted in. Its a good move. I like the alerts function here too. Its nice to see if theres been replies to posts. That's useful. Really this might be an isolated view but I like the format here.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
Is it possible to set up a filter list for key words?

For example "chia" ... since every thread turns into a Chia sucks thread in about 5 minutes it would be nice to filter those posts out to read the more relevant posts.

Speed220DChalavan

Mar 29, 2014
Cleaned my closet and have a bunch of unworn or gently used clothing.

Any good charities that will have good use of these items? I'm thinking YESS but open to other recommendations.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Cleaned my closet and have a bunch of unworn or gently used clothing.

Any good charities that will have good use of these items? I'm thinking YESS but open to other recommendations.

Goodwill has dropoff and do pickups as well. So do Big Brothers/big sisters.

Goodwill might be best option as they can handle all sizes. YESS might work, but more specific to size, and for youth.

Reactions: Speed220DChalavan

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Goodwill has dropoff and do pickups as well. So do Big Brothers/big sisters.

Goodwill might be best option as they can handle all sizes. YESS might work, but more specific to size, and for youth.

YESS actually specifically asks for clothing in all sizes. They offer support service to young adults as well as teenagers.

But Goodwill is a good option. Canadian Diabetes Association will also accept clothing of all sizes. They have dropoff boxes around the sister and will also do pickups.

Lots of good options for donating stuff you're not going to use anymore in the city.

Reactions: Speed220DChalavan

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
With the Oilers and Oil Kings being so terrible (the OKs will be better next year; not sure about the Oilers) I'm really excited that the Golden Bears are heading to Nationals again in two weekends. They crushed the Saskatchewan Huskies on the weekend and look like they have a good chance at Nationals to add to their, I believe, 15 national championships. Maybe the play of Ethan Bear is a good omen. Go, Bears.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
anyone attending crashed ice this weekend? I was driving across mcdonald and grierson+ looks beautiful. they did an amazing job lighting the place up.

not quite my thing but damn its a cool event

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Does anyone else have an issue with staying signed on? Maybe it's my browser, but I feel like I have to sign in every 10 minutes.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Does anyone else have an issue with staying signed on? Maybe it's my browser, but I feel like I have to sign in every 10 minutes.

Not today, but it has happened in the past. A few days ago, though, the cookies that allowed one to go to the first unread post in a thread went missing and I had to remember where I had left off reading. Lasted just the one day, thankfully.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Is there a pizza place in Edmonton that shreds its ingredients and the pizza is awesome. Must be shredded ingredients.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Hey, hoping someone from Edmonton can answer this for me:

How much does it cost to go to the cinema? Namely cineplex?

I forgot to send my sister a birthday gift so I'm planning to order her a Cineplex e-gift card online. The amount is customizable and you need an account to buy tickets online which is weird.

Thanks for the help
$13.50 for ticket

If 3D add $3.00

If AVX add $2.00 or $3.00 not fully sure

Drink and a popcorn will be like $10.00 more if get large or add butter.

There is also the moving seats, not sure how much they cost extra. But those or Imax always use scene points since better bang for buck then paying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad