OT: The OT Thread Part 5: New HF Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Tweets are not loading for me any longer on these new forums. Anyone know what I need to do to fix that?

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Tweets are not loading for me any longer on these new forums. Anyone know what I need to do to fix that?

Use the "Media" icon (the two film strips) and either paste the tweet ID or the entire tweet address. It'll automatically truncate the address to use just the ID.

or [media]tweet[/media]

I've also had it load direct without a BB code, just the link.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I mean the Tweets posted by other users (they are stuck on 'Loading Tweet..."), but that will be helpful for me if I decide to post it myself. Thank you :)

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
My biggest issue with the site is that when I use it on a mobile device the page always moves around. I go to touch the screen and it moves and I'm hitting the wrong thing. It's annoying. The rest I can get used to.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I always get the problems with Loading Tweet.. but that's because I use alot of addons in Firefox that limit / restrict alot of the privacy invading scripts and such. I'd check there doulos, particularly if you use uMatrix and / or uBlock Origin, Disconnect (there is a dedicated twitter block that you can disable for sites, like HF) etc.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I always get the problems with Loading Tweet.. but that's because I use alot of addons in Firefox that limit / restrict alot of the privacy invading scripts and such. I'd check there doulos, particularly if you use uMatrix and / or uBlock Origin, Disconnect (there is a dedicated twitter block that you can disable for sites, like HF) etc.

It's my adblocker add on. Good call! I'll just live with it.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Speaking of Ad blockers. I went to the mains, Shut the ad with the X, and watched AdBlock plus tally up about 50 blocked ads in about a minute or so. Yes, small things like that amuse me. Haha

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
So uh, can any mod help me out there, how do I search for old threads? Looking to bump some prospect threads from this summer...

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Anyone else get tablet layout load every time in like 300% font? Completely unusable on desktop. Using on mobile Chrome now is fine

GrinningBuddha

Nov 22, 2010
Anyone else get tablet layout load every time in like 300% font? Completely unusable on desktop. Using on mobile Chrome now is fine
I was getting that on my Chrome browser as well. I disabled the cache for the site and it seems to have fixed it. To do this, hit F12 to open up Developer Tools, open the dropdown menu next to the 'X' that closes the Tools, open the Settings and scroll down to the Network section. Click Disable cache and it should work? Maybe? Be sure to reload the site before closing the Developer Tools.

Reactions: McChiaricolson

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Is anybody else having the embedded youtube videos get cut in half on the new site? They were fine for the longest time, but now they're not displaying properly at all.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Repeating the question here - anyone know where the ignore thread function is?

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Reminder to people that the scammers are out and about now. Just got a call from one saying Revenue Canada's going to charge me with fraud and have to call them. I'm sure noone here is that gullible, but putting it out there for posters with older relatives that aren't as cognizant of this type of activity. Number was 1 613 800 7470

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
How do I change "Registered User" into something, um, more interesting? I don't feel its a silly question, looks like half the posters haven't figured it out either.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad