OT: The OT Thread Part 5: New HF Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
So I kid you not, right at this moment at a California rest stop, they are using a weed eater to mow the lawn area, like Homer did once on the Simpson's

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Thoughts on Endgame?

I really enjoyed it.
Same, I really enjoyed it as well. I just saw it last night and I think I’m still processing what I saw.
Reallllllly wish some prick on HFOil hadn’t posted a major spoiler gif in the “JJ Khaira thread”. Its since been deleted but I saw it and it ruined a major part of the movie for me.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Anyone use adblocker? Just got the message disable it pretty please or continue without supporting us. I think the idea is to guilt you to allowing adds.

Shame they got greedy or I might have been inclined to support this site since I use it almost every day. Anyone been on mobile the last couple weeks?

You need to scroll for 5 minutes at the bottom of a thread if you want to get out of that thread. Why would I willingly make myself suffer through that on desktop?

Haggard

High and Wide
Aug 15, 2005
Edmonton
Anyone use adblocker? Just got the message disable it pretty please or continue without supporting us. I think the idea is to guilt you to allowing adds.

Shame they got greedy or I might have been inclined to support this site since I use it almost every day. Anyone been on mobile the last couple weeks?

You need to scroll for 5 minutes at the bottom of a thread if you want to get out of that thread. Why would I willingly make myself suffer through that on desktop?

I just laugh at those "Please please disable your ad-blocker" messages. If the ads had not become so intrusive and annoying, I wouldn't have needed an ad blocker in the first place. I'll keep it on, thanks.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Geez, just read Jason Botchford of the athletic passed away at 48 of heart failure.

RIP

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
I figured I better start checking the newscasts...

Woke up this morning and all the NHL Stats were in Russian. Completely bizarre. It woke me up without the Coffee. This isn't false news. But its now back in Engrish.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I figured I better start checking the newscasts...

Woke up this morning and all the NHL Stats were in Russian. Completely bizarre. It woke me up without the Coffee. This isn't false news. But its now back in Engrish.

Cue Twilight Zone music...

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Something cathartic about reporting a post and seeing it disappear within a minute.

I don’t like snitching but it’s better than getting banned for flaming.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
People know me around here? I need a few likes for this mlb ot story here. Almost a gofundme.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So that renovation to the Downtown Library is a waste of time and money. Somehow it made an ugly building look even uglier. At least the old look had character and a 70s feeling to it. This new place looks like a big aluminum box you’d see in the middle of the frozen tundra in the Arctic.

(Yes, I know Edmonton is in the middle of the frozen tundra in the Arctic)

Reactions: SavesFromKosko

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
So that renovation to the Downtown Library is a waste of time and money. Somehow it made an ugly building look even uglier. At least the old look had character and a 70s feeling to it. This new place looks like a big aluminum box you’d see in the middle of the frozen tundra in the Arctic.

Its truly an awful design and the latest example of the end result of a series of designs that gets progressively worse in an effort to save money when really the best way to save money would have been NOT to have done this latest clusterf***.

Its the story of DT Edmonton. Everything needs to be a shinier Aluminum box. lol that they built the new AGA to get people excited and going to the new Art Gallery and now they give it away for free admissions because next to nobody is going to the new Art Gallery. Seems like that was the issue with the original gallery, lack of interest.

I like the Arts, but I don't like the mixed up style of the AGA and combined with Brutalist segments. The building is just weird to me, which apparently is the point. Oh, one last thing. Does anybody but 3 people know that the strange ribbons of metal fronting the AGA are supposed to depict the meandering North Saskatchewan River cross pollinated with the Aurora Borealis? Heres me I just thought somebody got all crazy with the tin snips.. The building stands as visual hallucination. The New Library can't even muster that. Its some envious red head step child trying to find love. Its not even finished and everybody pans it.

Reactions: soothsayer

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT

You motivated me to google it n have a peak, damn thing almost looks like it's from the Borg.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->