OT: The OT Social Bubble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
It would be far easier to fire up the BCHL than the NHL.

True that.

Just going to point out there's one 'Murican team in the BCHL, the Wenatchee Wild. And for them to play Prince George, they have to travel 973 kilometres...which is roughly going from Paris to Prague in Europe.

Reactions: MS

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Kramer throwing Newman out of the van to chase Puddy is still one of the funniest storylines of my youth. :D

Reactions: Bubbles

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Small correction- it isn’t Puddy who stole Jerry’s car, but another mechanic. Brad Garrett(the giant from Everybody Loves Raymond) guest stars as Jerry’s too attached to Jerry’s car mechanic.

My mistake! I confused the two big deep voiced guys. I knew I should have fact checked but took a shot with Devils' Guy. :laugh:

Reactions: Didalee Hed

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Sadly, yes. Things are getting ugly down there altogether. Don't think that's going to end any time soon.

It's been a surreal experience living in Texas.

Watching the trend here the past few weeks, while everyone around me acts like it's over. It's been something else. I can't even describe it. I basically haven't been inside a building other than my apartment since March 8. And now it looks like it will be this way for many more months.

Just two days ago I had some groceries delivered, and the delivery person was like "now that covid is over I have some trips booked. I'm going to Miami on Saturday." I just stared at her, speechless.

My own f***ing employer started returning people to the office THIS WEEK. I flat out refused to go in. I sent them an email, saying don't you people look at data? Why on earth would this week be the time to return? For four days they arranged this whole stupid process of having people return to the office and then on Friday told everyone to stay home again. Derrr.

As far as pro sports are concerned, I'll believe it when I see it, frankly. People still don't grasp how bad it is going to get down here.

Last edited:

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I was telling the gf that I'm not so concerned with the pandemic so much as I am concerned with all the maligned social and political issues it has brought to the surface. I'm really worried about this upcoming November. It's like a powder keg right now. It reminds me of a smaller scale pre-WWI situation. There's so much tension in the States. 'Tis a silly place.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I was telling the gf that I'm not so concerned with the pandemic so much as I am concerned with all the maligned social and political issues it has brought to the surface. I'm really worried about this upcoming November. It's like a powder keg right now. It reminds me of a smaller scale pre-WWI situation. There's so much tension in the States. 'Tis a silly place.

It's certainly there but when you compare it to 100+ years ago the comparison I like is that the modern day discontent is like the 2000's middle class urban white kid listening to rap music and thinking he's a gangsta living in the ghetto.

The splash of all-capitalism industrial era mixed with 'rule by divine right' ultra conservative autocratic monarchies was like, really really shitty.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Crazy to think that 75-80 years ago we had millions of people going to war for the betterment of the world, knowing they most likely wouldn't make it through alive, and now people won't even wear a mask when they go out in public to help others. It's depressing how selfish society has become.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Just two days ago I had some groceries delivered, and the delivery person was like "now that covid is over I have some trips booked. I'm going to Miami on Saturday." I just stared at her, speechless.

She doesn’t know that Florida is also another state hit with high Covid cases too.

So that delivery driver can enjoy her covid in Miami.

Idiots.

Also, f***ing Brandi’s strip joint is closed cause of an covid outbreak SMH.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Someone just this past week told my wife while whe was waiting in a lineup at a grocery store in Surrey, “you don’t need to be wearing masks anymore!”, while laughing out loud in front of everyone.

Morons are everywhere!

Reactions: Huggy43

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Crazy to think that 75-80 years ago we had millions of people going to war for the betterment of the world, knowing they most likely wouldn't make it through alive, and now people won't even wear a mask when they go out in public to help others. It's depressing how selfish society has become.
thumb_2020-2060-hey-son-i-found-a-hey-son-i-67599122.png

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
She doesn’t know that Florida is also another state hit with high Covid cases too.

So that delivery driver can enjoy her covid in Miami.

Idiots.

Also, f***ing Brandi’s strip joint is closed cause of an covid outbreak SMH.

Let’s be honest that’s not the first type of outbreak Brandis has caused

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Someone just this past week told my wife while whe was waiting in a lineup at a grocery store in Surrey, “you don’t need to be wearing masks anymore!”, while laughing out loud in front of everyone.

Morons are everywhere!

Ok so I’m not sure what stage BC is in. Should we be wearing masks out or not? Is it recommended/mandatory etc?

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
The betterment of the world was a byproduct. Never be fooled that those and most wars aren’t about empires, resources, religion and money

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I feel like I’m living in a different world. Life is basically the same here except for the precautionary measures in restaurants and such.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I feel like I’m living in a different world. Life is basically the same here except for the precautionary measures in restaurants and such.
We're in the Kelvin timeline; and I thought you were a Trekkie! ;)

In the Prime Universe, Ryan Miller is an administrator of HF Boards. MS travelled back in time and upset the time continuum by making sure the test tube never got fertilized. Y2K is the ultimate Dan Cloutier fan and has a voodoo doll of Luongo in which he stick pins it on a daily basis. Me? I'm the ultimate Leafs fan. :confused:

I tell you this because tomorrow this post will disappear (along with yourself). Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.:eek:

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
It's certainly there but when you compare it to 100+ years ago the comparison I like is that the modern day discontent is like the 2000's middle class urban white kid listening to rap music and thinking he's a gangsta living in the ghetto.

The splash of all-capitalism industrial era mixed with 'rule by divine right' ultra conservative autocratic monarchies was like, really really shitty.

True enough. It's funny to see all the people who are no longer Rage fans. Like, what did machine did YOU think they were raging against? These people have zero self-awareness and lack the critical thinking necessary to wonder WHY things are happening. They just know they are happening and reacting. But hey, this is my view. We rioted over a damn hockey game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->