OT: The OT Social Bubble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Anyone think the recent up tick in covid cases in the the southern states could stop sports from restarting. Or worse yet the NFL never starting.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Reportedly, Sylvester Stallone insisted that his character score the game-winning goal in this movie, as he felt he was the biggest star in this movie. The non-American crew was finally able to convince him of the absurdity of the goalkeeper scoring the winning goal, and the penalty shot was specifically written to placate his ego.

That's pretty impressive when you're literally surrounded by the greatest players of that age including Jesus Christ of Soccer himself, Pele standing there and you're still like, Bruh, I should score the winning goal in the movie. Bruh, why wouldn't the goalie dab on the German National Soccer Team? I'm Rocky.

That movie is super underrated.

Anyone think the recent up tick in covid cases in the the southern states could stop sports from restarting. Or worse yet the NFL never starting.

Not even paying attention to sports outside of UFC since I highly doubt anything is going to happen until 2021.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hit the post

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I don't think the players are going to agree to play no what matter the NHL and ownership shamble together.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve

Clemson just announced 28 cases on their team (athletes and team staff).

The NFL will wait until the last possible moment to change things. It's such a big money maker that they might just go ahead and start, even with cases not really tapering off.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Wouldn’t surprise me to see no more player unions after this. Old wealth always wins

otoh someone, i think bieksa, said the players could not coming back as the hammer to get whatever they want in a new CBA. afaik, both sides have an opt out clause they can exercise this fall.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
otoh someone, i think bieksa, said the players could not coming back as the hammer to get whatever they want in a new CBA. afaik, both sides have an opt out clause they can exercise this fall.

The date to opt out was last September. No opting out now.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
That's pretty impressive when you're literally surrounded by the greatest players of that age including Jesus Christ of Soccer himself, Pele standing there and you're still like, Bruh, I should score the winning goal in the movie. Bruh, why wouldn't the goalie dab on the German National Soccer Team? I'm Rocky.

Stallone mus have been pissed years later when his happend:

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

Movie was directed by the legendary John Houston. Even though he only did the movie for the paycheque/free vacation (think he went fishing on the location shooting lol), this is the guy that directed those classic Bogart movies!

Reactions: FacepalmBenning

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Somehow the Premier League, Bundesliga etc can figure their shit out yet here we can’t. France is opening up to 5000 people crowds in July.

The UFC has it figured out too. It’s obviously possible to have sports.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Anyone watch the EPL games with the fake crowd noise? I was sceptical but I found it mostly not too bad and I preferred it to the echoing emptiness of the Bundesliga games. Still have some kinks to work out.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Anyone watch the EPL games with the fake crowd noise? I was sceptical but I found it mostly not too bad and I preferred it to the echoing emptiness of the Bundesliga games. Still have some kinks to work out.
I may be watching different feeds of the Bundesliga but when I watch there’s the same artificial crowd noises as there was this weekend for the Premier League. I don’t mind it at all. They do it pretty well.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I may be watching different feeds of the Bundesliga but when I watch there’s the same artificial crowd noises as there was this weekend for the Premier League. I don’t mind it at all. They do it pretty well.

On DAZN, they have two feeds for games, with crowd noise or without. I tried both and ended up going back to crowd noise everytime.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Somehow the Premier League, Bundesliga etc can figure their shit out yet here we can’t. France is opening up to 5000 people crowds in July.

The UFC has it figured out too. It’s obviously possible to have sports.

'Murica.

If the NHL was a 7-team Canadian league, it would be up and running. But as soon as your sport/league touches the US cesspool, you're screwed.

It would be far easier to fire up the BCHL than the NHL.

European sports leagues are based in far smaller geographic areas inside of one country and teams can take buses or trains to every game. Not the same thing in NA.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
you couldn't do a worse job than their current leader so go for it

That's got to be tough keeping the ranks up in an erotic death cult considering I guess they kill themselves frequently. But they've got the ultimate marketing/recruiting feature in eroticism, so I guess it's an even flow.

That's got to be an odd looking assembly line in that organization.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
That's got to be tough keeping the ranks up in an erotic death cult considering I guess they kill themselves frequently. But they've got the ultimate marketing/recruiting feature in eroticism, so I guess it's an even flow.

i'm not expert but my guess is the erotic part of an erotic death cult means they kill themselves just once in a giant orgy of kool aid, sharing germs, and in the end mass death.

as the leader you don't have to go with them i guess but i don't think it's easy to find a new cult after if you choose to live. kind of a credibility killer.

Reactions: FacepalmBenning

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
'Murica.

If the NHL was a 7-team Canadian league, it would be up and running. But as soon as your sport/league touches the US cesspool, you're screwed.

It would be far easier to fire up the BCHL than the NHL.

European sports leagues are based in far smaller geographic areas inside of one country and teams can take buses or trains to every game. Not the same thing in NA.

Sadly, yes. Things are getting ugly down there altogether. Don't think that's going to end any time soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad