OT: The OT Social Bubble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
On an unrelated topic, I've recently started watching the entire run of Seinfeld. I'd seen odd episodes here and there but never actually seen the entire series. The latest episodes I watched was the Vasili Jerry one, brings new meaning to your hf handle now lol.

Wait til you get to the one with Mayor Guiliani and the fat-free yogurt, that one is a real trip with all the stuff that went down since it aired...I don't wanna ruin this guy^s name but I'm pretty sure it's the "fusilli" Jerry, like the noodles. Unless I'm all whooshing myself here somehow. Wait wait no I think I'm not thinking clearly here or something and it's a clever kind of referential joke I'm missing, never mind.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I saw a person that I knew in that rally, she was a former cheerleader on the BC Lions and I thought she was a bright girl.

Then she posted conspiracy garbage on how the Earth is flat, covid is a hoax, Epstein died of covid (when she said it was a hoax), extremely racist stuff against black people, mocking the BLM movement, how Bill Gates is creating a vaccine.

Then she posts how you should live life everyday, be truthful to yourself, ignore the haters and be well...by posting stupid conspiracy shit.

But hey she loves to dance and hates people who eat meat...what a total nut job
Probably great in the sack though.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
On an unrelated topic, I've recently started watching the entire run of Seinfeld. I'd seen odd episodes here and there but never actually seen the entire series. The latest episodes I watched was the Vasili Jerry one, brings new meaning to your hf handle now lol.
Been on my to do list for awhile now, feel free to share your review. Although I cant imagine anything but completely worthwhile.

(Though likely outdated in ways)

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Wait til you get to the one with Mayor Guiliani and the fat-free yogurt, that one is a real trip with all the stuff that went down since it aired...I don't wanna ruin this guy^s name but I'm pretty sure it's the "fusilli" Jerry, like the noodles. Unless I'm all whooshing myself here somehow. Wait wait no I think I'm not thinking clearly here or something and it's a clever kind of referential joke I'm missing, never mind.
Vasili Podkolzin is a Canucks prospect. Vasili sounds like fusilli. My profile pic explains what a Vasili Jerry is. Hopefully that helps ya out.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calg...-author-kirsti-mclellan-day-lawsuit-1.5725250

This is interesting. I've read a few of the books Day has written for NHLers (Fleury, Hrudey, Gretzky) and she does seem to have a penchant for over dramatizing / sensationalizing things, and each of her books seems to have a common thread of the players "hating their competition" so to speak. Looking at McDonald's complaints, I can see why he might feel that way.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
With Social media it makes it easier for the nut jobs to find other nut jobs. Never underestimate stupid people in large numbers... right America?

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Albert Einstein

Reactions: racerjoe

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Clippers. Yeesh. I know us Canucks fans feel hard done by but the Clippers haven't even made a conference final! 50 years and they've never finished in the top 4. That's impressive.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Crazy busy couple months. My first run of fine art prints (huge screen prints) was just finished and I'm going to be launching sales soon, and I've been commissioned by the city to do a huge mural and banner installation at a swimming pool in town which is about half done now. Really exciting stuff but it's been so busy hahah
It was YOU that tagged my garage 5 years ago you @$#$%^&^! I knew it!:madfire::madfire::madfire:

:sarcasm:

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
Crazy busy couple months. My first run of fine art prints (huge screen prints) was just finished and I'm going to be launching sales soon, and I've been commissioned by the city to do a huge mural and banner installation at a swimming pool in town which is about half done now. Really exciting stuff but it's been so busy hahah

Post some pics when you are done.

Reactions: Hansen

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Thats pretty cool I like to bike and check out the ones just west of main St there. Pretty cool stuff.

Edit that coke bottle with the polar bear trapped in it is creative and amazing

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
I'm not a huge Raptors fan but I enjoyed watching them win a championship while the NBA pundits expressed their disbelief. The Kawhi circus was aggravating and left a bad taste. Add in the fact they're owned by the obnoxious Steve Ballmer and I'm pretty happy to see the Clippers fold like a cheap tent.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Ruth Bader Ginsburg passed away at the age of 87. I hoped she held on passed the election.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I got to go to a baseball game in 2020.

Sitting in the club seats at 25% capacity with a mask on, staring at the backs of cardboard cutouts while listening to fake crowd noise pumped in through the speakers.

Now there's an experience I'll never forget.

28780ddf-73d7-4fcf-8228-fa61883302f1.jpg

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I'm getting pretty tired of no fans sports, NFL and MLB in particular are brutal to watch. Fake crowd noise is maybe better than nothing, but its bad.

I know we're not there yet for even half capacity, but there's gotta be a way to get 33%.
Temperature check everyone, mandatory masks and gloves for that matter, gotta be possible by now.

Can't imagine any ownerships would object either.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I'm getting pretty tired of no fans sports, NFL and MLB in particular are brutal to watch. Fake crowd noise is maybe better than nothing, but its bad.

I know we're not there yet for even half capacity, but there's gotta be a way to get 33%.
Temperature check everyone, mandatory masks and gloves for that matter, gotta be possible by now.

Can't imagine any ownerships would object either.

I'm surprised at how little talk there is about the next nhl season. It starts in December? What's the plan? Does anyone think anything will be different in 10 weeks? Full 82 game schedule, how exactly? I don't see anyone talking about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad