Not open for further replies.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
shoe-apocalypse-imagined-would-actually-look-like-made-with-mematic

Reactions: I am toxic

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
So, it turns out that NFL football with nobody in the stands is kinda boring.

Also, DAZN picture quality is much shittier than I remember.Hope they get better inn week 2...

The life of a cord cutting sports fan in this country is quite shit.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve

Also, DAZN picture quality is much shittier than I remember.Hope they get better inn week 2...

I've been thinking of getting DAZN for soccer, since it basically has all the major Euro leagues. I can't find anyone to go in with me on a shared account.

Streams are still pretty good online if you can find it.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

I’ve only seen the KC, ATL, Car stadiums on tv so far as I just have basic cable in Vancouver. No one in the stands in today’s games and around 22% capacity in KC.

caught the images of the ND duke game yesterday and was surprised to see how many people were there. Seemed closer to 35% - 40% capacity.

Very odd to not see fans. Don’t think the NhL can replicate that over. 50 game 20-21 schedule.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I’ve only seen the KC, ATL, Car stadiums on tv so far as I just have basic cable in Vancouver. No one in the stands in today’s games and around 22% capacity in KC.

caught the images of the ND duke game yesterday and was surprised to see how many people were there. Seemed closer to 35% - 40% capacity.

Very odd to not see fans. Don’t think the NhL can replicate that over. 50 game 20-21 schedule.
NFL has a huge TV contract though. Unlike the NHL, they aren't nearly as much a gate driven league. I don't know enough about the NCAA.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Honestly all these sports are not nearly as good without fans, not even close. Its nice to watch the games mostly, but way less captivating.
Need to get fans back in seats asap somehow.
Mandatory masks, 50% capacity, idk people smarter than me can figure something out.

The nba has been the most unnoticeable imo, not that im super into the nba, but the larger player seating is amazing and needs to stay. How they've blocked out the empty seats completely and have the big screens has been pretty good.

UFC has been pretty okay too, interesting to hear the corners so clearly.

Seeing huge completely empty stadiums and delayed fake crowd noise in NFL, NHL, MLB and UEFA has been lackluster at best.

Walk off homeruns to silence and watching the ball sail into empty seats and bounce around really drives home the dullness. In an already semi dull sport to watch, and I like watching baseball.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I just don’t get them... I have a few that are fb “friends”, and I don’t get why... not do I get when you show them the “doctors” they listen to.

I saw a person that I knew in that rally, she was a former cheerleader on the BC Lions and I thought she was a bright girl.

Then she posted conspiracy garbage on how the Earth is flat, covid is a hoax, Epstein died of covid (when she said it was a hoax), extremely racist stuff against black people, mocking the BLM movement, how Bill Gates is creating a vaccine.

Then she posts how you should live life everyday, be truthful to yourself, ignore the haters and be well...by posting stupid conspiracy shit.

But hey she loves to dance and hates people who eat meat...what a total nut job

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I saw a person that I knew in that rally, she was a former cheerleader on the BC Lions and I thought she was a bright girl.

Then she posted conspiracy garbage on how the Earth is flat, covid is a hoax, Epstein died of covid (when she said it was a hoax), extremely racist stuff against black people, mocking the BLM movement, how Bill Gates is creating a vaccine.

Then she posts how you should live life everyday, be truthful to yourself, ignore the haters and be well...by posting stupid conspiracy shit.

But hey she loves to dance and hates people who eat meat...what a total nut job

I've been watching my uncle slowly descend into that kind of lifestyle bit by bit over facebook. Every day it's a new youtube video or link to some crazier and crazier theory. I just really don't have the patience to argue or step in.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I've been watching my uncle slowly descend into that kind of lifestyle bit by bit over facebook. Every day it's a new youtube video or link to some crazier and crazier theory. I just really don't have the patience to argue or step in.

I completely blocked her on social media, it’s not worth your time and effort to waste shit like that on people.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
I completely blocked her on social media, it’s not worth your time and effort to waste shit like that on people.

I'm sure i'll run into him at family gatherings but I don't want to hear any of that shit, i'll gladly be nice and respectful but stop him short at any theories.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
My mum was always the nicest, most loving, inclusive, and open person I think I ever knew until about 4 years ago when she somehow started watching a certain American "News" channel and reading Facebook posts. Now we don't talk much because I just can't handle the ridiculous things she keeps saying. She posts all that crazy stuff on Facebook too. It's just sad. I'd like to think she's not (and never has been) a racist, xenophobic, selfish person but now I wonder if that's the way she's always been.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
My grandpa over the past few years has gone from quoting the Arch Druid to Jordan Peterson and its pretty concerning.

Apparently he became part of some men's group 20 years ago that was basically an IRL precursor to the incel chatroom though and that was the beginning of the downturn from being a cool old hippie (he still is a cool old hippie in many ways but you cant talk to him about most social issues for too long anymore, its such a f***ed up mix of environmental/lifestyle wokeness with just total privilege and misogyny)

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
My mum was always the nicest, most loving, inclusive, and open person I think I ever knew until about 4 years ago when she somehow started watching a certain American "News" channel and reading Facebook posts. Now we don't talk much because I just can't handle the ridiculous things she keeps saying. She posts all that crazy stuff on Facebook too. It's just sad. I'd like to think she's not (and never has been) a racist, xenophobic, selfish person but now I wonder if that's the way she's always been.

On an unrelated topic, I've recently started watching the entire run of Seinfeld. I'd seen odd episodes here and there but never actually seen the entire series. The latest episodes I watched was the Vasili Jerry one, brings new meaning to your hf handle now lol.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

On an unrelated topic, I've recently started watching the entire run of Seinfeld. I'd seen odd episodes here and there but never actually seen the entire series. The latest episodes I watched was the Vasili Jerry one, brings new meaning to your hf handle now lol.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
That now makes you, me, and @Hit the post as the only three who understand it. Haha.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Who is this lunatic who keeps on cutting the cables of the sea to sky gondola

I hesitate to say anything at the risk of sounding nuts but it sure seems like there is some kind of saboteur/fifth column stuff going on around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->