OT: The OT Self-Isolation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Heh, I might actually consider getting around to FINALLY watching Game of Thrones (though I hear, I'd be better off skipping the last season & just wait until the century when Martin gets around to writing it).

as someone who binged all the seasons right before the final. The ending won’t be nearly as bad for you. The biggest issues was it wrapped up very quickly so people were mad as it felt rushed.

However with binge it won’t seem as big of a let down to you.

Reactions: Hit the post

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
It's weird watching shows like Impractical Jokers now. Everyone touches everyone and they get super close to people and are all in their personal space. Such a different world now.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If you want to really ride Dr. Emmett Brown's time-machine, you can always watch ME-TV. Back than, people thought the word 'pandemic' might refer to some new Doctor Show on the round tube.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
besides watching movies/tvshow sleeping. going on youtube and looking and learning to cook new recipes. last night made potatoes/marinated lamb and some asparagus. watch some tiktok videos LOL. maybe learn some dancing:)

Binging with Babish is a must subscribe for that kind of stuff. Bon Apetite has good content too, particularily Gourmet Makes and It's Alive with Brad Leonne.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
So, not sure about other neighbourhoods, but I live within sight of Mt Saint Joseph's hospital.

So the 7pm salute is everywhere in the lower mainland (I assume), and it is obviously loud in our area. But this is what I am wondering about other neighbourhoods - are your dogs howling before it begins? At about 10 minutes to 7, the dogs in our neighbourhood start howling, and they keep howling until the salute begins, and they howl through the salute - but when the banging dies down, so do the howls.

My wife said that my old dog would sleep all afternoon, but get up at around 5:30pm and prowl around looking for something. I would generally arrive around 5;45pm from work, and my wife was convinced the dog knew the timing.

Anyways, just wondering. Oh, and there is a beagle in the neighbourhood. The best howler of any breed I know.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
God, I am so desperate for sports content, I have resorted to watching those two screaming idiots Stephen A and Max Kellerman most mornings. They had PK Subban on the show today to talk about the Cowboys of all things.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
So, not sure about other neighbourhoods, but I live within sight of Mt Saint Joseph's hospital.

So the 7pm salute is everywhere in the lower mainland (I assume)
Can confirm I hear it every night in New West where I currently am. Have also heard from people who live in Kits and Yaletown hear it too.

Reactions: I am toxic

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I was patient there more than a decade ago. I hear (well before this virus thing) it's now only open essentially during "office hours" (I'm guessing they make an exception for E/R cases?). Is that true?

Yes, I think open only until 8pm. I thought ER had to go to VGH after that.

I mean, visiting hours go later but it's much quiter after 8pm. Honestly, I used to walk by there every night while walking the dog, but I avoid going into hospitals as much as possible. Irrational fear of picking something up, but that's the way I roll.

member 290103

God, I am so desperate for sports content, I have resorted to watching those two screaming idiots Stephen A and Max Kellerman most mornings. They had PK Subban on the show today to talk about the Cowboys of all things.
Haha, I watch that too! Pretty brutal times for TV.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
This thread has given me many suggestions on movies to rewatch.
(Good, bad, so bad it's good I'm in.)

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
One of my all-time favorite youtube videos.

Got something for everyone; data nerds, football fans, lovers of the bizarre.

Chart Party and Jon Bois are a must follow for any sports fan.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
4ExAQpX.png

10 magical years with my HF friends.

I found this site that magical night we came back to win in Toronto when Raycroft relieved Luongo and Burrows had his puck touches. I was directed here by searching for Toronto fans having their melties over Raycroft giving it to the fans. I joined at the end of the season and started posting when we acquired Ballard.

How did you all find your way here?

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
4ExAQpX.png

10 magical years with my HF friends.

I found this site that magical night we came back to win in Toronto when Raycroft relieved Luongo and Burrows had his puck touches. I was directed here by searching for Toronto fans having their melties over Raycroft giving it to the fans. I joined at the end of the season and started posting when we acquired Ballard.

How did you all find your way here?
Escaped/kicked out of the cdc quarantine in mid 2000s

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I can't even remember how I found HF. I know I actually found out about reddit through HF though, when someone linked an AMA with Peter Holland. Came back to posting mainly on HF after the reddit Canucks page turned into a meme/shitpost fest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->