OT: The OT Self-Isolation Thread 2: Self Isolate Harder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Made during the heyday of “FMV” video game craze. Effects dated now but bear in mind this wasn’t made by a major film studio but a games company. EA wasn’t the bohemoth that it is today.

Starring Luke Skywalker & Biff Tannen!

Actually much better than the Hollywood movie version with Freddie Prince Jr.:laugh:

Nice don’t think I’ve seen this. I even enjoyed the campy Freddie Prince Jr one. I have memories of playing Wing Commander games on PC as a wee lad and looking at books that had all the spaceships from that universe

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Made during the heyday of “FMV” video game craze. Effects dated now but bear in mind this wasn’t made by a major film studio but a games company. EA wasn’t the bohemoth that it is today.

Starring Luke Skywalker & Biff Tannen!

Actually much better than the Hollywood movie version with Freddie Prince Jr.:laugh:

And Malcolm MacDowell and John Rhys Davies, too. Quite the cast. I remember playing some of those games in high school - the novel tie-ins were pretty damn good, too.

Reactions: Hit the post

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Nice don’t think I’ve seen this. I even enjoyed the campy Freddie Prince Jr one. I have memories of playing Wing Commander games on PC as a wee lad and looking at books that had all the spaceships from that universe

And Malcolm MacDowell and John Rhys Davies, too. Quite the cast. I remember playing some of those games in high school - the novel tie-ins were pretty damn good, too.

Here is another "FMV" game from the same period. It was marketed as a sequel of sorts of the Wing Commander universe (I *think* the director was the brother of the director of the FMV Wing Commander III & IV games) & the Privateer game:

Even MORE "big name" stars in this sci-fi FMV video game (eg., Christopher Walken [small role though], John Hurt, Clive Owen, etc.). Decidedly "British" (think it the filming was done in England)

Video quality isn't the best (have to bear in mind, game was on CD disk vs DVD disks) so the video compression was kind of blech. Hopefully there is a DVD quality version like there was in the Wing Commander IV game (that game actually had a DVD version of the game though I think).

I also think the marketing tie-ins from Wing Commander & Privateer was kind of shoe-horned it. FMV was originally for a different game that didn't go anywhere & they just sort of added it on another unfinished game (I'm guessing they were running out of money..).

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Alex Burrows liked a tweet of Rypien laying the beatdown on Prust on his personal twitter. What does that say about the exuberant character and leadership that he displayed in his time here?
I think it shows Burr misses his old friend Rick. But people can read anything in anything.

Reactions: m9

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Going back to a discussion from a few pages ago, I've watched a handful of episodes of Space Force and think it's funny as hell.

Reactions: Art of Sedinery

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Binge watched Westworld season 3 over the weekend. Not much in the way of nuanced character development but impressive to look at. Odd smorgasbord of ideas from Blade Runner, The Terminator, Inception, The Matrix, Minority Report, and RoboCop. Kind of wish they'd cut out the finale's post-credits scene and ended the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->