OT: The OT Non-Ski Resort - Xbox One Pity Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
That is true - I'd still prefer to have him in the lineup, and battle through his struggles.

The way he played earlier this year...
He was chasing pitches...
He really had no game plan at the plate...
And he was clearly frustrated.
Shown by his argument with Gibbons.

Granted...
Gibbons is a fiery personality...
And he even had fights with players...
And it was probably a heat of the moment thing...
As it was just a lot of yelling and nothing more...
But Lawrie clearly needed to step back and relax.
A stint at the minors may be what he needs.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The way he played earlier this year...
He was chasing pitches...
He really had no game plan at the plate...
And he was clearly frustrated.
A stint at the minors may be what he needs.

Agreed. He can take his time though, the Jays clearly aren't missing a beat. :handclap: Also, I'm not worried about the Gibbons/Lawrie heated argument - Lawrie has a temper, and Gibbons doesn't take any crap.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I wish I watch other teams though.
Wish I know how other players work...
So I can give better advise on my friend's fantasy baseball league.

I only watch the Jays...
While they are playing well now...
And there is no other team that is as fun to watch as them right now...
There are really not a lot of good fantasy options on the team.

But I am pretty familiar with them from top to bottom...
So that could bode well for keeper leagues.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I only ever watch the Jays. Can never build up enough interest to sit and watch a game with two teams I hardly give a damn about.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Agreed. He can take his time though, the Jays clearly aren't missing a beat. :handclap: Also, I'm not worried about the Gibbons/Lawrie heated argument - Lawrie has a temper, and Gibbons doesn't take any crap.

Me neither.
Nothing esculated like Hillenbrand and Lilly...
But I think it shows that Lawrie is frustrated.

He did pick the right person to blow up at though.
While Gibbons has a hot temper...
He is a lot calmer now compared to a couple of years ago...
And I think he learned to take things lighter now.
He even defended Lawrie afterwards...
Which shows he understood it was a heat of the moment instance...
And he was not offended.
It is good to see...
Because I think he is a pretty good manager.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I only ever watch the Jays. Can never build up enough interest to sit and watch a game with two teams I hardly give a damn about.

Yeah...
And I do love the game of baseball...
But I find it hard to watch if I do not know or care about the team or players.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
All this baseball talk is probably making live playoff hockey very angry.
:laugh:

Baseball is life my friend...
Learn to love it.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Me neither.
Nothing esculated like Hillenbrand and Lilly...
But I think it shows that Lawrie is frustrated.

He did pick the right person to blow up at though.
While Gibbons has a hot temper...
He is a lot calmer now compared to a couple of years ago...
And I think he learned to take things lighter now.
He even defended Lawrie afterwards...
Which shows he understood it was a heat of the moment instance...
And he was not offended.
It is good to see...
Because I think he is a pretty good manager.

Lawrie just has a temper he can't control, and Gibbons probably realizes that, so the argument turned out to be nothing worth worrying about.

Yeah...
And I do love the game of baseball...
But I find it hard to watch if I do not know or care about the team or players.

Only time I'll watch a team other than the Jays, will be some playoff games, and the World Series.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Went and saw World War Z last night. Thought it was pretty good, but nothing that hasn't been done already (zombies).

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
All this baseball talk is probably making live playoff hockey very angry.
:laugh:

Baseball is life my friend...
Learn to love it.

You have no idea, been avoiding this thread for a while. Would rather watch any other sport. Poker and fake wresting are more entertaining to me than baseball. I cannot fathom someone taking hours out of their day to watch it. There are fun to go see live, but that is true with all sports.

/*****y rant

Edit- Brett Lawrie went to my highschool. So, now I have contributed to baseball talk.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
I saw Les Miserables at Queen's tonight. It was a pretty decent production overall, but not without its flaws.

The show felt really rushed (kind of felt like they wanted to stay undert 3 hours with the 20 minute intermission), and the Javert was terrible at choosing when to speak his lines and when to sing them. The kids were annoying to listen too; just that general annoying, whiny sound some kids have when they're singing. The Eponine could have made a better effort in not overpowering everyone, but she's got a good voice. The orchestrations for the touring production are terrible; Les Miserables is famous for its rich orchestrations, and they stripped it down to nothing.

Some positives now :) Empty Chairs at Empty Tables was amazing, and the guy playing Jean Valjean was pretty good too (obviously not as great as the ones I usually listen to, but pretty good nonetheless). The staging was well done too, since they didn't have the turning table that the London production has. Thought they adapted pretty well.

/end Taelin theatre rant

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I am planning to watch that next week.
Should be fun.

Might go see it, I got a "meh" response from most of the people I asked about it

Don't bother. Wait for it to come out on tv or netflix.

Literally the only original thing in it is when the zombies are piling over each other like army ants to climb over walls or knock over buses, and you already saw that in the previews. PG rating = no good zombie splatter kills. Ah, what the hell. Go check out the WWZ thread in the entertainment forum if you want the full list of my complaints.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Don't bother. Wait for it to come out on tv or netflix.

Literally the only original thing in it is when the zombies are piling over each other like army ants to climb over walls or knock over buses, and you already saw that in the previews. PG rating = no good zombie splatter kills. Ah, what the hell. Go check out the WWZ thread in the entertainment forum if you want the full list of my complaints.

I probably won't even bother than. Was banking on some awesome zombie splatter. Me not bothering means I'm really indifferent considering that I get free movies. TBH I am a little sick of the Zombie movies and games. Way too overdone

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I saw Les Miserables at Queen's tonight. It was a pretty decent production overall, but not without its flaws.

The show felt really rushed (kind of felt like they wanted to stay undert 3 hours with the 20 minute intermission), and the Javert was terrible at choosing when to speak his lines and when to sing them. The kids were annoying to listen too; just that general annoying, whiny sound some kids have when they're singing. The Eponine could have made a better effort in not overpowering everyone, but she's got a good voice. The orchestrations for the touring production are terrible; Les Miserables is famous for its rich orchestrations, and they stripped it down to nothing.

Some positives now :) Empty Chairs at Empty Tables was amazing, and the guy playing Jean Valjean was pretty good too (obviously not as great as the ones I usually listen to, but pretty good nonetheless). The staging was well done too, since they didn't have the turning table that the London production has. Thought they adapted pretty well.

/end Taelin theatre rant

I have no idea what that sounds like.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Jays are finally out of the gutter and back in the wild card hunt.

About damn time

Yes it is. They are 5 games back of the Red Sox, and 3 out of the wild card with 88 games left to play. They have a key 4 game series in Boston coming up. If they keep it up, they could be in 1st very soon.

When Dickey struggled to start the season, it was very worrying. He's still getting roughed up occasionally and had one really top notch game, but he's finally managing to get some W's. Starting pitching wasn't supposed to be a weakness, but to start out the season the rotation had terrible numbers. Wang seems to have been a good pick-up. With this winning streak, the bullpen is putting up some sparkling ERA numbers. It also seems to me that they are stranding less runners on base, but I haven't seen the stats on that.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Yes it is. They are 5 games back of the Red Sox, and 3 out of the wild card with 88 games left to play. They have a key 4 game series in Boston coming up. If they keep it up, they could be in 1st very soon.

When Dickey struggled to start the season, it was very worrying. He's still getting roughed up occasionally and had one really top notch game, but he's finally managing to get some W's. Starting pitching wasn't supposed to be a weakness, but to start out the season the rotation had terrible numbers. Wang seems to have been a good pick-up. With this winning streak, the bullpen is putting up some sparkling ERA numbers. It also seems to me that they are stranding less runners on base, but I haven't seen the stats on that.

They still strand a number of runners...
But from what I have seen...
They also get timely hits...
Especially with runners in scoring position.

I am very impressed with how they score...
Not only with the big bat...
But also through small ball.

This recent streak had certainly been fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->